What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    Hard interval row today 8 X 500m/1' (one minute rest). Did a 2K Warmup and Cool Down. Same workout as last week and had a modest .4 second improvement on the average (2:01.4 last week/2:01.0 this week).

One minute isn't much rest for these but my HR dropped below 140 until the last two reps within 60 seconds. Just would like to get much faster on these. I was doing these in the mid to low 1:50s just two years ago (and 12 reps, not 8).
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Cut my volume of all lifting sessions. I haven’t been eating quite enough and my workouts have been suffering. Just an hourish of upper body today.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited June 2020
    Mon 6/1

When you say sets to failure, do you mean you did 32 chin ups in a single set? If so, that is scarily impressive. (It's impressive is split over multiple sets, but way beyond where I'm at for a single set - I think my PB is 16).

well, I wish HAHA I can do about 15 in a row now on a good day...usually it's around 12
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Had three days of no “workouts” due to work. Just stretching throughout.

But today!....30 min yoga, 30 min stairs/calisthenics, 40 min full body dumbbells.
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    10.4 mile bike ride around and through my community. Was a bit sore from running 8.4 miles Sunday and this easy ride helped loosen up the legs before tomorrow's Global Running Day workout.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    4 mile run yesterday.
    50 minutes of glutes + 20 minutes of upper body strength training today.
  • nighthawk584
    Tue 6/2

MORNING
    21.25 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

Today was the longest continuous ride I've had on the trails so far. 90 minutes and averaged around 14 mph. which is good on these trails for me. That will be it today, giving the rest of my body a break.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited June 2020
    Restarted training in June after a month off. This first week is a testing week, with 2 run tests and 2 bike tests to check my fitness. The results will be a stiff reminder of how quickly speed is lost during a layoff.

Today was an easy mile warm up, then a 5k run test, which hurt like hell. Tomorrow will be just as much fun with a full 20 minute FTP bike test on my schedule.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    I'm a Tone it Up girl on Week 4 of the Summer Tone Up! I love the energy from these challenges.

Today was:
    30 minute Ab-focused HIIT workout
    20 minute Arm lifting workout
    1.5 mile neighborhood walk

Tomorrow will be a Yoga-style HIIT workout with a 3 mile run!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    *11k steps throughout the day
    * Lower body 20 minute workout. The first of a 4-week split training routine from a Men's Health book I've had and loved since 2007 or so.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    I climbed for an hour. It was brilliant.

I learned a new thing - the pogo. Have arms and one free leg form a rough right angled triangle. The second leg is off the wall. You swing it, and use the momentum of the swing to go up the wall. If you swing the left leg, move the left arm.

More info and a cheesy video are here:
    https://frictionlabs.com/blog/connors-world-the-secret-to-pogoing
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    r6umszz8vno4.png
    we're supposed to go for a hike tomorrow so I figured I'd do the easier/no impact stuff today so I'm not hobbling around in the hills from being sore/tired
  • pfprimo
    Celebrated Global Running Day today...s1jdhhvcc69h.png
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    Another boring hour row this AM on the deck (76 degrees at finish, so not too bad). HR got just a bit away from me at the end, but not too bad. All at 74% max or less, 71% of Max Avg. Just under 2:30 pace, 12.05K

Did a weak lift last night. Just really wasn't feeling it. Made Pizza for dinner and ate too much! Managed 75 pushups, many single arm pressups and some body weight and KB leg work. The row yesterday was pretty hard leg work already but trying to double with the rowing 3X a week on lifting.
  • trunkmonkey1977
    trunkmonkey1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Did Yoga last night, surfing today, and planning a 46 mile bike ride this Saturday. Knees going to be sore AF.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    4 mile run this morning. I hate getting up early to run but it’s the only way to beat the heat
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Didn’t eat enough carbs yesterday so just some easy walks today.
  • nighthawk584
    Wed 6/3

MORNING
    17.9 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

NOON
    1 hour yard work

AFTERNOON
    35 Chin ups, 102 Push ups (both in sets to failure )
  • pfprimo
    Wed 6/3

MORNING
    17.9 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

NOON
    1 hour yard work

AFTERNOON
    35 Chin ups, 102 Push ups (both in sets to failure )

Never underestimate the exercise / fitness value of yard work. I live in central Florida and we're now in full-blown summer heat & humidity, and now into our rainy season, meaning that my grass and hedges require near-constant attention - it's a workout, for sure. I probably burn as many calories during an hour or two of yard work as I do a ~6 mile run.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Did the first of two bike fitness tests tonight. The session was 60 minutes, which consisted of 30 minutes of a heavy warmup, then a 20 min FTP test and a cool down. The test always hurts, but my results were ok given a month layoff.

So it's one run and one bike test done with another of each coming later this week. Next up is a 10k run test on Friday.