What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    alexmose wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    this is offtopic but I have a quick question...

If you do 4 sets of these much reps:

Is it the same quality workout as doing 3 sets of 10 reps?

Depends. Same volume, sure. Are you resting the same amount between the 4 vs 3 sets?
    Yes, and the exercise I’m doing is a bar pull-up with my own body weight

If we go by volume, yes. To increase metabolic ‘usage’, decrease rest time. I’d say it’s the same as long as you’re consistent one way or another
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    Ran a 5k (first time!) then some kettlebells

Way to go!!!!
  • alexmose
    As I promised myself, lightened up leg day volume and still feel it! I also separated abs and legs by 1.5 hours. I want to get a little more serious about my ab training.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    edited May 2020
    I climbed for around an hour. With warm up and warm down, the session was around 2 hours

I am recovering my technique, and my skin is improving. It was really good fun.

The main workout was dyno practice, hard projects; and finally see how long I can stay in the wall for (which was just a minute - lol cardio 😀!)

I am following a programme which is 3 days strength; and 3 days climbing. So far, I have done 0 days strength and 5 day's climbing

• alexmose
    alexmose wrote: »
    As I promised myself, lightened up leg day volume and still feel it! I also separated abs and legs by 1.5 hours. I want to get a little more serious about my ab training.

A running store close by opened so I rode my bike for about a half hour there and back. And man I forgot how many sprints I need to do to ensure I get the right shoes.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    An hour of easy rowing this morning. Slow pace but did a really nice job of keeping the HR a flat line for the entire time, though it went from 75 to 80 while I was rowing on the patio in the shade -- 6 AM start time. Did three hours of yard and pool work after.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sun 5/31

MORNING
    14 miles on mountain bike trails (tough time this morning..really feeling the muscle pain from my crash on Fri, but I got a 2nd wind around the 10 mile mark and finished strong)

AFTERNOON
    10.4 miles on mountain bike trails. (much better and set all time fastest 10 mile pace since I started mountain biking. Also, beautiful 80 degree day!)

Sleeping good tonight!
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ran just over 8 miles this morning.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/3541721034
  • JustSomeEm
    Today was 6 miles on the elliptigo (30 minutes)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    * Walked ~8k steps
    * Three rounds of Damien Patrick's "Crazy Upper Body Home Workout"
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    One hour row today again. Easy steady state work. Seemed hotter than it was 75/76 degrees. Had to stop 3 times to wipe the sweat. Did some yard work yesterday and moved the outdoor fan I use. I think that made a difference. I also normally a Mission Cooling headband and forgot it. I think that also made a huge difference.

Still kept HR all under 143, but I like to keep it under 140 on these rows. Only got up there toward the end and I settled it back down. Around 11.6K meters.
  • JustSomeEm
    10 mile bike ride tonight... followed by a brain workout (homework). Didn't do my normal Monday lifting. DOMs is going to suck if I keep putting it off...
  • drmwc
    edited June 2020
    I did an hour's yoga in the morning. I got a reliable headstand for the first time! 😀 I ended up doing a few throughout the day, to check it wasn't a fluke. (It wasn't a fluke- I can do them any time now.)

Work was silly, which meant that by the time I had eaten, I was only on 5,000 steps at around 9 p.m.
    I did leg day, and combined it with a lot of wandering around to hit 10k steps. (I know it is a completely arbitrary figure, but I haven't been below it since February, when some long-haul flights caused me to miss the target.) I reached 10k at 20 to midnight, so it was well timed!

Leg day included:
    4 row sprints, 1 minute with 30 seconds recovery, 1 minute 50 pace. (I am slow).
    Squats, 4 sets of 6, 70 kgs
    Deadlifts, 4 sets of 6, 100 kgs. These were more of a struggle than they should have been, due to the climbing hand skin injuries
    Pistols, unweighted, 5 sets of 3 each leg.
    Core stuff on rings.

Climbing day today.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Mon 6/1

MORNING
    16 miles mountain bike trails, vigorous with many inclines

NOON
    32 chin ups, 110 push ups (both in sets to failure)

EVENING
    full body weight training
  • drmwc
    Mon 6/1

MORNING
    16 miles mountain bike trails, vigorous with many inclines

NOON
    32 chin ups, 110 push ups (both in sets to failure)

EVENING
    full body weight training

When you say sets to failure, do you mean you did 32 chin ups in a single set? If so, that is scarily impressive. (It's impressive is split over multiple sets, but way beyond where I'm at for a single set - I think my PB is 16).
  • vgentile990
    vgentile990 Posts: 50 Member
    So far walked 1.5 before work
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    this is my past 3 days, + a 5km walk yesterday
    sunday lacsxpy1g82s.png
    monday svrjf8818nip.png
    today y6nz9fxci5rm.png