• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Half marathon, kind of spontaneous

5z3ltxqnz0e1.png
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    10.8 mile hike and 45 minute shoulder hypertrophy session in the gym.
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    6.49 mile walk/run in 1:29 in very cold (38•F) weather for FL.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    A (slow) 5k row.
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1HugoG wrote: »
    6.49 mile walk/run in 1:29 in very cold (38•F) weather for FL.

Well, this morning I woke up with lots of pain in my quads, in spite of the ice water bath and the CBD cream massage following yesterday’s race.
    A cold water swim might help, but I’m rethinking weights for today.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I had blood work and an ECG earlier this week, and all seems well so I am allowed to exercise properly again.

I did leg day on Christmas Eve. I went light, as it was the first lifting day post surgery.

I did loads of pistols, 3 sets of 10 squat (60 kgs) and 3 sets of 5 deadlift (100 kgs).

On Christmas, I went round my little brother's. We had a climb in his garden (I was terrible.) Then we did a 10 mile walk.

I was a bit broken on Boxing Day, but I managed a hilly 8 mile walk.

Today, I have done an hour of yoga and a 10 mile walk. I will do upper body lifts this evening.

Merry Christmas, MFP. The photo is me on Christmas day. My jacket, like my hands, is barely held together with climbing tape.

m8vfnafzv5lm.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I had blood work and an ECG earlier this week, and all seems well so I am allowed to exercise properly again.

I did leg day on Christmas Eve. I went light, as it was the first lifting day post surgery.

I did loads of pistols, 3 sets of 10 squat (60 kgs) and 3 sets of 5 deadlift (100 kgs).

On Christmas, I went round my little brother's. We had a climb in his garden (I was terrible.) Then we did a 10 mile walk.

I was a bit broken on Boxing Day, but I managed a hilly 8 mile walk.

Today, I have done an hour of yoga and a 10 mile walk. I will do upper body lifts this evening.

Merry Christmas, MFP. The photo is me on Christmas day. My jacket, like my hands, is barely held together with climbing tape.

m8vfnafzv5lm.jpg

Merry Christmas!

So glad you're cleared for exercise, and getting back into it (but paying attention to how you feel). That's a great photo, too: What a view!

I'm taking a brief time off from working out(finishing up a crafts project that will be a late Christmas gift, but needs to be done soon . . . and recovering from more rowing machining than is really fun for me). I'll plan to be back at it soon, and am mulling trying some new stuff for variety for a bit.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Hiking in 35#, getting out 160#, 🦌

120 min's worth of hiking.
  • JDMac82
    Options
    100 fwd jump rope
    500m row
    15 KBell Swing
    1 Min Max Push Ups
    1 Min Max Situps

10/6/2
    Leg Press
    Dbell Curls
    Dbell Straight Leg Deadlift
    Hammer Curls
    Belted Calf Raises 3 x 20
    Goblet Squats
    Rev Grip Curls
    Smith Machine Straight Leg Deadlift
    Seated Calf Raises 3 x 20
    Rope Squats
    Rope Curls

Sport Abs 40 reps
    Crunches/Flutter Kicks/Hanging Knee Tucks/Rower/Supine Bike/Mtn Climbers/ Hip Lifts/Straight Leg Raises/Wipers/Banded Crunches
  • JessAndreia
    Options
    Dumbbell lunges
    Dumbbell Stiff leg deadlifts
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell row
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    500m row
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    @ Matt -- glad you're back at it. That's beautiful too!

Took around a week off with the kids -- no regrets there. Back at it today. Did 30 on the rower and then 23 or so on the LateralX. All Steady State work under 72% max HR.

Wife got me a full set of "slam" balls for X-mas. They are like medicine balls but you can throw them down as hard as you want and they just more or less stay there and don't bounce. Really cool. She also bought me a rack for them. My daughter is staying with us for a while, working from home. I'm recruiting her to help me set up a home gym (light weights) in the garage. I have a Power Tower (new, my present to myself), the new Slam balls, a few KBs, dumbbells (I might have to just get a cheap weight bench), a Total Gym, a heavy rope and a Plyo Box.

Back is feeling pretty good, so ready to up the weights this year. I found a very good chiropractor finally. That and all the rehab exercises I'm doing have me on a very nice trajectory finally. Time to build back up some strength.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mike - good news about your back.

I went for a quick climb yesterday, and got heart palpitations early on. I stopped climbing, and my heart rate remained between 120 and 140 for 20 minutes. (My resting heart rate is usually around 50, and it normally reaches that level fairly quickly on stopping exercise.)

Apparently, palpitations are a known side effect of the surgery, so it is nothing to worry about. Still, I found it slightly alarming.
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Lat Pulldown
    Push Ups
    Overhand EZ Bar Curl
    Tricep Pushdown
    Lateral Raise
    Leg Extension
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    25 minutes of rowing (Hydrow: 5 minute technique warm-up then 20 minute climb)
    10 minutes stretching

This was my first high intensity row and I feel pretty good about it. My glutes do not.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Restarted workouts after throwing in the towel in June. Its been two years since I've raced, due to an injury in 2019 and the pandemic cancelling all of last year's races.

Today was Day One of base building. The morning session was a 2600 yd pool workout, including drills with paddles, pullbuoy, snorkel, fins - moving into a 400yd base interval and 10 x100 pacing set. Second session tonight will be yoga and some other mobility work. This week's calendar includes 3 bikes, 2 swims, 2 runs and 2 strength/mobility sessions.

Feels good to be back into formal workouts and following a training plan. Only twenty four weeks until the Patriot Half race(70.3) and thirty eight weeks to IM Chattanooga, but who's counting, lol?
  • JDMac82
    Options
    Shoveling snow for 2 hrs
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Had to turn in a TT (timed test) on the 2K. Not feeling it at all lately. Though I feel decent, my times are terrible. So I just did a ladder workout starting at 24 SPM, then 26, 28 and 30 for every 500m. Got me through it at least. Ended up with like a 8:26 -- super slow for a man. HR got up though. Just confirmed what I knew. I lack power. A lot. Something I'm going to work on this year.
  • JessAndreia
    Options
    +/- 40 minute walk
    2k row
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cable Chop
    Face Pull
    Kneeling Cable Crunch
    Palms Up Bicep Curls