What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did almost 11 miles rollerblading in a little over an hour. I burned 1200 calories in the process.
    And I was crazily hungry afterwards. Which is always dangerous: it’s easy to overeat and blow the workout after the workout.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    1HugoG wrote: »
    I did almost 11 miles rollerblading in a little over an hour. I burned 1200 calories in the process.
    And I was crazily hungry afterwards. Which is always dangerous: it’s easy to overeat and blow the workout after the workout.

Congratulations! Well done!
    Can I suggest you be careful with these calories? It does sound like a lot for just one hour. I need to put this into perspective.. that's roughly 18kmh, which is a really nice speed, but overall I'd not expect such high burns given some good wheels and half-good tarmac.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    120 min's hiking with 30# in the snowy trails
  • yirara
    Options
    Meh, not a good day. Still have until the end of the year to beat my 5K and 1m running distance from much earlier this year. Not sure it will work or not, but I'm trying. Just need good, and really cold weather I guess. Now it's too warm and windy. 14 day running streak.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    An hr on the exercise bike @ 75 watts. Will do the bike's 20 minute HIIT program tonight, this was the "watch TV" segment of my exercise day.

jeo6cp4url5e.jpg

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    3 mile run, 4 one-minute planks, 50 dumbbell arm curls 5 pounds
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have felt fine post surgery. My release letter said I could "start to mobilise" 4 days post operation, which was today. Stairs are now allowed as well.

So I did two short walks with a couple of small hills, ending up on 19,000 steps.

It is still another week before I am allowed to exercise, which will be fun. Hopefully it will be dry, so I can climb.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    8904 rowing machine meters, usual format/same goals as recent. Rest day planned tomorrow.

@drmwc, I'm very glad to hear you've been feeling well, and are now able to at least start in on walking again. You're usually so very active, must've seemed strange to be off it for a bit. Sending wishes that the upcoming week will be a bit more enjoyable with walks back in the picture, and that the later steps of healing will be as smooth as things seem to be going so far!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    One long *kitten* bike ride down the coast

3swdj4tujcsb.png
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    One long *kitten* bike ride down the coast

3swdj4tujcsb.png

That's some real solid cycling work! Nicely done.
  • yirara
    Options
    How not to exercise: do a stupid streak that I try to stretch to day 20. Today was day 15. I ran 4km and walked home the remaining two when I really could not run on anymore. Oh well.. :D 5 more days and this craziness is over.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thought I had it in me to do a full body today...did 7 sets of legs and went home lol. upper body tomorrow i guess!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the rower. Really cold today. Ended up with 30 inside on the Assault Bike.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same workout as yesterday, except replace Assault Bike with LateralX and only 25 minutes on that (in addition to the 30 minutes on the rower).
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Oops!! I have some catching up to do on the diary here. . . .please bear with me on this longer post!!
    Almost a week's worth of daily movement, all with Team Body Project :)

12/09 (Wednesday)
    "Real Start Just Move" and "Standing Pilates Cardio" (Two-Week-Transformation plan)

12/10 (Thursday)
    "Boxing Resistance Light"

12/11 (Friday)
    "Ultimate Tabata" and "Mini Beats 3"

12/12 (Saturday)
    "Essentials Segments 2" followed by a 2-mile outdoor walk

12/13 (Sunday)
    "Real Start HiLo"

12/14 (TODAY, Monday)
    "Real Start HILO 45" followed by "Warrior Cardio"
  • JDMac82
    Options
    100 fwd jump rope
    15 KBell Swing
    15 Strict Press
    40 Hanging Leg Raises

3x8
    Bench
    Calf Raises 3 x 18
    Chest Press
    Goblet Squats
    Fly
    KBell Deadlift
    Cable X Over
    Cable Squats
    Low Pulley Cable X Over
    Standing Calf Raises 3 x 18
    Dips
    Land Mine Press

Dirty Shirley Abs (30 reps)
    Situps/Hip Lifts/Supine Bike/Flutter Kicks/Crunches/Mtn Climbers/Rowers/Knee Tucks/Straight Leg Situps/Banded Crunches
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    Back on the C2 rower today after Sunday's rest day, 8846m . . . at 14 spm average. 🤣 Still sticking with the goals of staying under 2:40 split (averaged 2:37.2), under 70% HR reserve (that would be < 145, averaged 129, peaked at 143). I think I could hold 13 spm, but I struggle to keep the split consistently under 2:40 if I try. 🤣
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I did more walks today and on Sunday. I did around 13 miles with a lot of hills on Sunday, yesterday was shorter.

From today, I am allowed to drive and to lift things more than 10 kgs. I celebrated this by doing a set of 10 pull ups. (I normally do loads throughout the day and don't bother logging them.) It is still another week before I am allowed to exercise
  • JDMac82
    Options
    60 min's cardio (Arc Trainer)
  • JDMac82
    Options
    60 min's scooping snow