edited December 2020
    Two-day date with Team Body Project:
    Friday morning. . . .
    • "Boxing Challenge 2"
    Saturday morning. . . .
    • "Boxing Resistance 2"
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    5 days of running × 3 miles each day = 15, I hope this is just a start.

3 one-minute forearm planks

30 dumbbell arm curls 5 pounds
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    edited December 2020
    C2, 8904m, 2:34.8, 20spm; base, i.e., < 70% HR reserve. Still working on posture, but I'm again trying to make sure I get 10m+ per stroke, at least. Why? Teaches patience. Boats like patience. 😉 Rest day scheduled tomorrow.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    60 min's elliptical
  • ariane78mmm
    ariane78mmm Posts: 8 Member
    15mins low impact cardio. I know its not much for you all but I'm just starting out. I'm 42yrs old, 5'1" 162lbs. I am needing to lose weight but plan to keep exercising after I lose my weight so that I can be healthy to see my grand babies get married.
    Sw: 167lbs
    Cw: 162lbs
    Gw: 135lbs
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    15mins low impact cardio. I know its not much for you all but I'm just starting out. I'm 42yrs old, 5'1" 162lbs. I am needing to lose weight but plan to keep exercising after I lose my weight so that I can be healthy to see my grand babies get married.
    Sw: 167lbs
    Cw: 162lbs
    Gw: 135lbs

To me, that sounds perfect.

A gradual on-ramp to increased fitness, then keeping it manageable but always just a small challenge: IMO, that's the smart route.

I think too many people do some impractical "zero to sixty, let's go to the gym 2hrs/7days" approach, and burn out - too big a jump, doesn't accommodate to a balanced life. You're doing it right.

And it'll be fun, chasing your *great*-grand babies around, playing tag'n'stuff. Meanwhile, keep checking in here!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Quick spin, literally and figuratively.

bfrzzc54aw6k.png
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    20 min's elliptical
    15 KBell Swing
    20 Pull-up Leg Tucks / Wipers
    15 Standing Dbell Press
    15 Land Mine Press

3 x 8
    Rope Skull Crushers
    Waiter Curls
    Iso Cable Ext
    Hammer Curls
    Overhead Press
    Rope Curls
    Kickback's
    Rev Grip Curls
    Rev Grip Ext
    Iso Cable Curls
    Rope Ext
    Dbell Curls

Quarter Abs (25 reps)
    Sit-ups/Hip Lifts/Rower/Flutter Kicks/Supine Bike/Mtn Climbers/Crunches/Hanging Leg Raises/Cable Crunches/ Heel Taps/ Knee Tucks/
  • violaesmith85
    violaesmith85 Posts: 15 Member
    45 minutes of Nintendo Switch "Jump Rope Challenge" 540 calories burned.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    3.6 mile walk in 1:12:42. it's my best so far. i'm hoping to get into a gym next year. i'm 56, 386 lbs. started at 566 lbs in march 2019.
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    1700 meters outdoor pool
    53 mins.
    1 app says 996 calories burned. Another says 694. Go figure.
    Swimming was my favorite until I picked up rollerblading again recently. I burn 1/3 more calories for the same amount of time swimming.
    I have serious back issues (2 spine surgeries),so I mix things up )swimming, blading, walk-running and some lifting.
    My short-term goal is to drop 25 pounds in the next 2 months or so.

• IAMFFL
    IAMFFL Posts: 58 Member
    Late last night/early this morning:

20 minutes - Active stretching and stairmaster warmup

5 supersets of barbell curls 15 reps each with bench dips 12 reps each

5 supersets of seated incline dumbbell curls 12 reps each (8 slow 5-count reps followed by 4 regular reps) with diamond pushups 30 reps each

5 tri-sets of spider curls 12 reps each with v-bar triceps push downs 20 reps each and barbell wrist curls 20 reps each

Hanging leg raises 100 reps
  • IAMFFL
    IAMFFL Posts: 58 Member
    Today:

30 minutes boxing on Oculus VR

20 minutes - Active stretching and stairmaster warmup

Squats 12 sets 12 reps each

Leg extensions 10 sets 12 reps each

Seated leg curl 10 sets 10 reps each

Calf raises 3 sets 28 reps each (7 regular, 7 slow, 7 half reps from top and 7 half reps from bottom)

Rope crunch 100 reps

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I started running again recently, and noticed that not running, but spending a lot of time hiking and cycling kept me kind of fit. Earlier this year I needed nearly a month to go from 5km to 4 miles. This time I just ran three 5ks, and then a day later 4 miles. It just worked. And the 4 miler was faster than the previous 5k. Have to say that I'm still the slowest runner around, but ho hum...

I'm currently working on a running badge for which I need runs on 10 successive days. Stupid? Yeah. But I'm already at 8 days now. Some days were super short, but I still made it count because I wrecked myself on the first few meters :D

Btw, if someone wants to try smashrun, please feel free to use my referral. I don't get anything other than maaaybe another badge. https://en-gb.smashrun.com/nina.lili/invite yeah, so it looks like badges keep me motivated :D
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Another day as an honored and proud member of Team Body Project:
    Sunday morning of Real Start "HIIT 30"
    and early afternoon of another round of Real Start "Beats 2".

"If you're moving, you're winning!"
    --Coach Daniel Bartlett
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited December 2020
    I did an hour of yoga before lunch.

In the evening, I did upper body lifts.

I started off with hangboarding. This was pretty good - my finger strength was good.

I then benched 55 kgs for 2 sets of 10.
    I did loads of dips.
    I did weighted pull ups, getting plus 22.5 kgs.
    I finished up with military press, doing 35 kgs for 2 sets of 10.
  • LoveyChar
    edited December 2020
    yirara wrote: »
    I started running again recently, and noticed that not running, but spending a lot of time hiking and cycling kept me kind of fit. Earlier this year I needed nearly a month to go from 5km to 4 miles. This time I just ran three 5ks, and then a day later 4 miles. It just worked. And the 4 miler was faster than the previous 5k. Have to say that I'm still the slowest runner around, but ho hum...

I'm currently working on a running badge for which I need runs on 10 successive days. Stupid? Yeah. But I'm already at 8 days now. Some days were super short, but I still made it count because I wrecked myself on the first few meters :D

Btw, if someone wants to try smashrun, please feel free to use my referral. I don't get anything other than maaaybe another badge. https://en-gb.smashrun.com/nina.lili/invite yeah, so it looks like badges keep me motivated :D

Great running! I'm a runner too, streaking Day #6 so I definitely do not think consecutive days are stupid, not at all. I was scheduled to run Austin Marathon on 2/14 and it was changed to a Half with a different date or you can defer to another year, but anyone who signed up to run the Marathon also got 6 free virtual races. So no, I think what you're doing is pretty cool! You need to stay motivated! I'll check it out and if it's free, I'll probably give it a shot!
  • LoveyChar
    * 5.13 mile run

* 3 one-minute forearm planks

* 50 each arm dumbbell curls 5 pounds
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »

Great running! I'm a runner too, streaking Day #6 so I definitely do not think consecutive days are stupid, not at all. I was scheduled to run Austin Marathon on 2/14 and it was changed to a Half with a different date or you can defer to another year, but anyone who signed up to run the Marathon also got 6 free virtual races. So no, I think what you're doing is pretty cool! You need to stay motivated! I'll check it out and if it's free, I'll probably give it a shot!

Wow, nice! I could never run a marathon or a half due to a particularly nasty dysautonomia (get in the flow and relax, hr drops by up to 20bpm, me: I need air!!!) and generally poor energy accessibility). But I still enjoy my shorter, slow runs.