What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Did only my second full hour row yesterday. Not fast, but controlled and consistent. Kept HR mostly under 70% Max HR for the duration.

Followed that up by a couple hours of yard work, pool cleaning and then X-Max lights being put up. I'm also the home chef, so made a huge batch of spaghetti and homemade meatballs, which I thoroughly deserved, along with a couple glasses of red wine.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Pretty much recovery today. 30 minutes (really light Drag factor) on the rower and then 25 on the LateralX. All under 70% max HR.
  • Primeshagus
    Primeshagus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    10 sets of push-ups, 9 sets crunches, 8 sets of loop band pull aparts going from heavy to light 2 sets each band.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Leg day. I took it easy, as I was shattered, squatting 80 kgs for 2 sets of 8; and deadlifting 100 kgs for 1 set of 10.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    3 mile run, 4 one-minute forearm planks, 30 dumbbell arm curls 5 pounds
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    60 min's cardio
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    C2, 8950m, holding to <70% HR reserve as usual. Still working posture, plus focusing on the upper story at the front end: Non-moving arms & back, off the catch. Curiously, that was more productive than focusing on the lower story of the front end last week (spend legs first). 🤷‍♀️
  • myfitnesspaleh5ostrh
    myfitnesspaleh5ostrh Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Trying to shred some weight, my BMI is 32.

Yesterday I did 3km cycling and 45min Beat Saber in VR.
    Today I will need to do 8km cycling and add 30min of Beat Saber.
    I always try to get about 500 to 600kcal of exercise in.

The only cardio sport I enjoy is swimming, but pools are still closed. So trying to use the bike for groceries shopping instead of the car (and despite the weather lol), plus having some fun in VR fitness games.
  • drmwc
    Options
    I had heart surgery this morning. I am not dead, which is good . The recommendation is two weeks off vigorous exercise. My logging here is likely to tail off over that period.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I had heart surgery this morning. I am not dead, which is good . The recommendation is two weeks off vigorous exercise. My logging here is likely to tail off over that period.

Man Matt, that's pretty serious stuff! I hope you're feeling better soon!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga, pullups, handstand pushups, dips, hollow body holds, back bridges, stomach vacuums and jumprope...
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »

Wishing you a speedy and smooth recovery: Betting you'll be back here stronger than ever, once medically cleared for your usual challenging exercise schedule!

Hang in there, I know that recovery period can be tough, without the usual routine . . . but so important! 🙂
  • MikePfirrman
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Rowing machine interval day today. Last week did 8 X 500m @ 2:00.5 pace, so I wondered if I could beat that today. Did 1:58.2, but only managed 6 intervals. Wanted to see if I could manage all 8 under 2:00 and it was clear if I did one more that I wouldn't have been able to sustain it (last one was barely under 2:00 pace). So I called it a day and did a 3K cooldown. Likely could have coasted to a new recent SB (season's best) on this workout but I didn't want to go over 2:00 today and this was sufficient to do what I wanted to do -- go faster and push. HR nearly hit 90% of max, which for a sprint this short is good.

Drag factor (air resistance that makes it harder and firmer) was low still. Still protecting the back from injury. What I'm finding out is that lower drag factors force you to go quickly and have actually helped me to maintain better form (some of the same things Ann is working on). SR on this one was around 31 average, very fast for me.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    3 mile run, 4 one-minute forearm planks, 50 dumbbell arm curls 5 pounds
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Monday motion:
    Team Body Project Real Start "HIIT 45'

Tuesday "o-and-fro":
    Team Body Project "Cardio Starter 3" (this has been one of my favorite sessions which I've repeated many times)
    followed by an early afternoon session of Real Start "Intervals" (I've completed this session only twice or thrice now, but I think I can call it one of my favorites, too :) )
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Today
    40 minute walk
    kinesis chest press
    Seated rows
    kinesis incline press
    High pull
    Lateral raises
    Tricep pushdowns
    Cable curls

Tomorrow
    Morning walk - Probably somewhere between 30 min to an hour.
    Deadlifts
    Leg press
    Leg curls
    Calf raises
    Abs
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles straight last night, a first in a long time for me.
    I rollerbladed 6 miles today. Another first as I usually skip days between running and blading.
    And my body is not aching half as badly as it would in the past.
    That can mean only 1 thing: I am getting stronger.
    Tomorrow is a MUST swim day to release the pressure off my back.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    C2 rower, 8854m. Still focusing on posture and holding arms/back unmoving right after the catch, but just for fun decided to see if I could hold not only <70% HR reserve, but also a consistent 2:35 average split. Answer, amusingly: Not quite. First and 3rd pieces spot on 2:35, 2nd and 4th flipped on the last stroke to 2:34.9 - total time for the four 2k pieces differed by only one tenth of a second. 😆 (What is this split consistency good for? Nothing, AFAIK!)
    (snippety)

What I'm finding out is that lower drag factors force you to go quickly and have actually helped me to maintain better form (some of the same things Ann is working on). SR on this one was around 31 average, very fast for me.

That's interesting! I sometimes go to higher DF for specific drills, but pretty much never go to lower ones than my basic setting. (I'm sure that's partly because my basic setting is pretty low 😆, though that's reasonably common for on-water rowers of my age/weight class.) I should try low DF one of these times, and see what technical effect it has for me.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I finished my 10 day running streak with an 8km/5m run. Have not run that distance in more than 6 months. Took me all of 64 minutes (yeah, I'm that slow), but I made it.
  • drmwc
    Options
    Thanks Mike and Ann!

I feel fine. The operation was to close a hole in my heart - it should make sure scuba dives less risky. It is keyhole surgery - they inserted the device into the groin, and manipulated it into place through a vein.

The main risk, which is the primary reason for avoiding exercise, seems to be bleeding from the entry point to the groin.