What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    After like 9+ hours in the car yesterday able to get some work in today…

1 mile treadmill: 6 incline, 3.5 speed

Circuit training: 3 rounds (pull-ups, goblet squats, Romanian deadlifts, push-ups, dumbbell shoulder press, core exercises)

Stretching

Tomorrow back to C25K 👍
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Biiiggg suprise: Around 7k, bow of the quad. Moderate steady state the whole time, this time. I checked in with the rowers to make sure that was OK, but that was what I was feeling, as bow. I think this was about the most technically smooth lineup we've had yet this season: We were nicely set (side to side balance), good synchronization, just generally felt really good. As consequence, decent-ish splits for that moderate effort level. (Multi-rower rowing is funny that way. It's possible for everyone to work super hard, but the boat goes slowly.)

@swimmom_1, I have no advice, but I'm sorry your much-used, much-valued elliptical is dying on you. That's very stressful, I'm thinking! I'm hoping you can find a good deal on a nice one.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @swimmom_1 It's not hard to believe that you exceeded the mileage expectancy of your elliptical. You must have put it to as much use as many commercial gym machines get. Best of luck finding a great replacement.

Fun longish ride today. I joined my friends, the Torture Sisters, but I broke off early and took a shorter route with less aggressive climbing, then our routes came together again for the last twenty miles. I got in 41 miles at a 16.4mph pace.

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Only 45 minutes/3.41 miles on my Elliptical. It kept seizing up on me. Hadn't happened before till 2-3 hours in. Guess it's about dead! Checked out another store today with ellipticals. Looked at Octane and Spirit brands today. Previously looked at PreCor and Matrix. Any insight from any of you would be appreciated. The repair guy that had come out 10 days ago said they see many repair needs on Matrix and very early on, that they shouldn't. And long waits for parts on them. The repair guys seem to like Precor and Spirit. Said they both have good warranties and parts are available and not expensive.

Sole is always good from what I've heard. Sole always has had great equipment at a value price. Did he offer feedback on Sole?
    @MikePfirrman He didn't. I should have asked about them as I tried 2 Sole ellipticals at Dick's a couple days ago. They are on sale right now too.
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

@swimmom_1, I have no advice, but I'm sorry your much-used, much-valued elliptical is dying on you. That's very stressful, I'm thinking! I'm hoping you can find a good deal on a nice one.

When I was googling ellipticals, one exactly like mine is for sale on ebay for $50. Trouble is I'm in PA and it is in Texas! Can't be shipped. Oh well, it's been interesting trying out new ones with updated percs.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I went flying.

Not intentionally.

I rode my bike downtown to get mail. I was going to go check out a new bike crossing signal at an intersection near my house. It lets bikes go diagonally across the intersection when headed south from where the multi-use path ends to the bike lane on the west side of the highway. Otherwise I would have taken a little bike path that avoids another problematic intersection.

Yep. Hit by a car.

I slowed down when it looked like he was going to go, then he stopped and I swear he looked right at me before hitting the accelerator and creaming me. Cops came. Ambulance came and patched me up a bit. Someone I know saw the whole thing and took my bike, mail, helmet, and pannier the five blocks to my house while I walked home.

I got things cleaned up and re-bandaged. I reckon I'll be sore, and now I won't be taking my canoe out tomorrow as planned.

Wow, that's scary stuff! Any action by law enforcement against the driver??
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    @mtaratoot - so sorry to hear that: How awful! Wishing you smooth and speedy recovery, back to your normal active, energetic self!
  • swimmom_1
    edited September 2022
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I went flying.

Not intentionally.

Yep. Hit by a car.

OMG! You are going to be sore. Probably hurt worse a few days later than immediately. Praying for a speedy recovery and nothing long lasting for you.

I was driving to work @ 6 AM today and luckily I hesitated when the light turned green. 2 cars (that were probably racing), on a 35 mph road, went right through their red light. I bet they were going 80 mph. I would have got hit on my drivers side by them.

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    Kind of a rest day but going hiking with my kids.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @mtaratoot -- very glad you're OK. That could have been much, much worse! Tucson is kind of biker's capital of the world. We sadly have around one fatality every couple of weeks it seems. Motorcycles too, unfortunately. Old people (by far, the biggest demographic in Tucson) and bikes/motorcycles don't mix.

Did an hour and five minutes of easy cardio. Did something different to start. My wife and daughter have a treadmill I got them last year. Did 10 minutes uphill (very slow but with a 12 to 15% incline) to start, then 30 minutes on the LateralX and finished with 25 on the AD Pro. All between 60% to 65% max HR, so nice and slow.

• swimmom_1
    Options
    45 minutes on the Elliptical for 3.19 miles, 15 minutes at a time, (as I was roasting butternut squash for a covered dish wedding today) between switching pans and turning the squash over.
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Stairmaster:
    L13: 4 minutes
    L12: 20 minutes
    L11: 8 minutes
    L10: 6 minutes

Resistance Training:
    22 total sets…80 minutes

Ski conditioning began 9-1, transitioning from general conditioning.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot I hope you are recovering well. That's so scary!!!

@swimmom_1 I'm sorry to hear about your elliptical problems. I hope you find one soon.

I've been super stressed from work for the last 2 weeks and eating and exercise have been, well, shall we say "less than optimal". I haven't quite reverted back to old ways, but it certainly hasn't been good. Oh well. Onward and upward. To that end, today I did about an hour on the elliptical (Zone 3 and below) followed by some lightweight full-body supersets. Keep on, keepin on....
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    The usual, about 7k rowing 3 seat (right in back (front?) of stroke, who's in the stern-most seat - facing away from our direction of travel, like all of us).

This was really good: This stroke was our rowing friend with the Big Ten Championship history (now around 15 years back, but she's still a technically excellent, powerful rower). Usually, when we make rower lineups, I've been encouraging our new rowers to sit just bow-ward of her, where they can see and copy how she rows. Today, we had a mix of non-newbies in the lineup, so I got to sit there.

This stroke rower had been asking us (week or two ago) to hold on to the finish a little longer, so I was working on that; but in general my finishes are poor. Instead of the release (of the blade from the water) being nice and clean, I get what feels like Niagara falls flowing off my blade, and it's often frothy, besides. Ugh. I'm not good at visual learning, but I was getting some benefits - I think - from trying to replicate her arm motions at the finish, which are a lot more snappy and quick. Good stuff.

We did some power tens, got down to some instantaneous splits that would be pretty competitive regionally in my age group, maybe even for our average age (53-ish) . . . but no way we could hold that split for a full 2k race! 🤣

Not as many tens as the row last week: We had a quad, a double, three singles out on the water, plus there were some random fishermen in boats here and there, so our chances for a clear lane were a little more limited. The woman in bow today is good at it, likes doing tens, but is more conservative (vs. me) in the traffic and some other ways - not a criticism at all, I've done this for years, she's only been rowing for 2-3, just started bowing.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Saturday: home alone all evening (BF was playing boardgames at a friend's place) so I did a very late run at 10PM: 6.5km in 44min01

Yesterday: my long run of the week, a bit shorter than intended because I had to cook dinner and was done later than planned. 11km in 1h14min.

Today: should have done strength training, but didn't feel like it... Treadmill run of 5.25km in 35min04.

Very sweaty runs lately, the basement isn't as cool as it was at the beginning of summer, after several (semi) heat waves. Around 22°C (72°F), nothing excessive but there really isn't much air movement in a basement 🙂 I'm glad things will be cooling down again the next few days.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    My diving for the weekend was blown out. I went climbing on Friday. It was fun, I was in pretty good form. 2 hour session.

One of the divers's dad has a yacht. So we jumped on that for the weekend, going out to sea around Felixstowe. It was nice. We spend Saturday night in Harwich. I've vaguely been thinking of buying a boat, but I probably won't. I found it a bit sedentary, and I prefer to move around more.
  • Thewonderofitall
    Thewonderofitall Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sunday Morning: 20 Mile Ride

Sunday Afternoon: 3.35 mile walk with Wife & In-Laws

Sunday Evening: 2.22 mile Boardwalk walk with Wife after Ice Cream!
  • Rickimariefit
    Rickimariefit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on treadmill with a pace of 6 minute mile.
    Bench press 110 pounds 4 sets of 6-10 reps (depending on when I reach muscle failure)
    Hip thrusts 235 4 sets of 10 reps
    Resistance band squats while holding 30 pound dumbbell. 4 sets of 10 reps
    Shoulder taps: 3 sets of 15
    Weighted lunges 25lb on each side (50 all together) 3 sets of 10 reps
    60 sit ups
    3 sets of 15 push ups.
    Curl and press 20 pounds: 3 sets of 15 reps
    Dumbbell row: 20 pounds 3 sets of 15 reps