firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    2mile run followed by bootcamp.
  • BrindleRun
    BrindleRun Posts: 28 Member
    16 mile run. Yay marathon training!
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    dh2nd7m4pf6s.jpg

10 miles, negative splits with a power mile at the end.

Core stuff and bridges to work on hip strength.

Spring half marathons are creeping!
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    I did four laps around my neighborhood, about 60 mins or 4 miles. Otherwise I do 60 to 70 mins on a treadmill, 4% grade @4 mph.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    18 mile run. Final long run before marathon. 2 weeks of tapering now.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    zxwpao2719kw.jpg
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Superset of KB alternating floor press starting at top in bridge position x 5 + KB double floor press in bridge position x 5 + Goblet squats x 10 for 3 rounds. Used 20kg KB for floor press work and didn’t get all 5 reps for 2nd and 3rd rounds of double floor press. This was tough for me. Will try again soon.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Spin class!
  • pierinifitness

@RunnerGrl1982 - Are you satisfied with your training plan and your training effort?
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2019

@RunnerGrl1982 - Are you satisfied with your training plan and your training effort?

Yes, I've been very happy with my training plan. My training effort has steadily increased over the time I've been running, and since this is my first marathon - my expectations are simply to finish strong and have a good time. I do have a clock number rolling around that I'd like to finish at, but if I don't, it's not the end of the world. There's always the next race to work on pace improvements.

My training plan was catered to my strengths, because I have a running coach. I did not grab an online training plan.
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    Improving some jogging speed slowly but surely! 4 months ago I couldn’t jog for 45 seconds at a time. Today I did 2.8 miles at an average of 4.7mph... then did 20 minutes of turbo jam

I did a lot of house cleaning and dancing today. I incorporated various squats, lunges, etc throughout the day but no conscious sets/reps.

‘Twas a good fitness day
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Kick boxing and core
  • Mysunshinelife31
    Mysunshinelife31 Posts: 41 Member
    Running everywhere and staying active today.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Today was lower body muscle isolations to work on correcting some imbalances I’m struggling with
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    4.12km hike. It was refreshing to be in nature 🌳🌳🌳
    Also did in in 45 mins 😊
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    10 mile run. Was supposed to be 20, but was fighting winds of up to 80km/hr and seriously struggled, so decided to stop at 10.
    Now tapering (10km fun run next sunday) until my half marathon in 2 weeks, then one more long run before my marathons.
  • pierinifitness
    edited March 2019
    Privately cheering for all runners here training for upcoming fun runs - marathons, half marathons, 10k or whatever.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Today was a 17.5 mile bike ride. I found out that I have bursitis in my foot, so no running for me for a while. The cortisone shot hasn't really helped yet. :(
    Privately cheering for all runners here training for upcoming fun runs - marathons, half marathons, 10k or whatever.

^ You're awesome. :)
  • trunkmonkey1977
    trunkmonkey1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Heavy bag boxing for hour and a half.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    HIIT and Legs