What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Quick workout taking a break at work. Overhead press work using isometric bands and resistance bands, about 10 minutes. Shoulders feel worked. Something is better than nothing.
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Boot camp this morning - D/L, KB swings, rows, stairs, lunges, etc. And a 4.7 mile run at lunch with speed work.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yesterday was the elliptical and a 1.5 mile walk. Still trying to take it easy due to the foot issues, but seriously thinking about running tonight. Maybe it'll make me nicer.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yoga, weighted pull-ups, single arm DB overhead press, and side lateral raises...
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    @J72FIT, been noticing your weighted pull-ups work. I've done weighted in the past and really liked it. Don't belong to a gym currently so I'd have to buy something to strap around my waist. Favorite weighted pull-up work for me in my yesteryear days was progressive singles, one rep advancing the weight going up to my max over 6-8 rounds and then a final set with bodyweight only. After taking the weight off, I found I could fly over the bar. Keep up the good work.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    @J72FIT, been noticing your weighted pull-ups work. I've done weighted in the past and really liked it. Don't belong to a gym currently so I'd have to buy something to strap around my waist. Favorite weighted pull-up work for me in my yesteryear days was progressive singles, one rep advancing the weight going up to my max over 6-8 rounds and then a final set with bodyweight only. After taking the weight off, I found I could fly over the bar. Keep up the good work.

That sounds cool. Will give it a try. Currently doing 5 x 5, heaviest weight first then tapering down.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    An hour and 15 min of rowing this morning in an 8. I actually remembered to start an activity on my Garmin before we left the dock this time. Very glassy water for most of it :)
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    3 miles. Had so much time on my hands with such a short run I didn't know what to do with myself the rest of the morning before work. HA!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Mile warm up run to the gym (still working on getting out of long run mode)
    Bench (Upto 4@51kg testing my 1rpm next week hoping for 55kg)
    PT - stair workout
    Sports massage - ouch
    Circuits
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was leg and shoulder day, followed by cardio day today to help with recovery.

Lots of personal bests, really been messing with my diet to get a ton more protein while I lose these next 30 pounds.

These were the best sets:

21 sit-ups for 3 sets
    Squatted 175 to 7
    Shrugged 175 to 10
    Started military press and that's super hard, only did 55 well
    Leg curled 130 to 8
    Dumbbell lateral raises 40 to 7
    Dumbbell shoulder pressed 60 to 10. I imagine I would have been able to go higher if I didn't start the military press.
    Leg pressed 450 to 10

And then today it was a personal best on the AMT cardio machine. 1234 Calories in 65 minutes.

...there are too many daily protein shakes in my life right now.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    A tough-as-nails kettlebell complex with a 20kg KB for 3 rounds in my anaerobic zone lasting 10:12. I planned on 5 rounds in about 16 minutes but threw in the towel at the end of 3 rounds. Did during the 20th hour of 22-hour fasting period. The tank ran out of gas.
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I work out twice daily and I work out at home doing a mixture of Pilates, power yoga and body weight exercises. I have a really screwed up left knee and I have to take it easy on my knee. I only do low impact exercises because I learned the hard way that my knee will not tolerate anything high impact.

Morning
    10 minutes of arms
    11 minutes of abs and butt
    4-10 minutes of abs, it depends on the video length
    20 minutes of power yoga
    Sometimes an additional 14 minute power yoga routine

Evening
    11 minutes of arms and abs
    10 minutes of thighs and butt
    15 minutes of Pilates
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    3 x 10 reps squats
    I was out of state today and needed to do something more than walk miles and miles.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    AM Workout:
    cspr0z64xpyl.jpg

New Workout and new FTP. Couldn't complete at 100%. Next time will try it at 96%

Then I did a 4 mile run with my dog, recovery pace, and then some stretching.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm a day behind (always) - yesterday was a 8 mile bike ride.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was beautiful out so finally got to do an outdoors run:
    4.2 mile run and then walked home (1.4 miles)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    30 min PT session, hiit, very hard work hitting whole body
    3.1mile run, Friday hills this time attempting (and succeeding) to conquer a particular hill that has been defeating me everytime
    Tabata
    Total body conditioning.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Rest day. Much deserved, but so bad at it.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    HIIT, Abs, Total Body Strength
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    10 rounds of Goblet squats x 10 with 24kg KB superset with isometric biceps work (rounds 1-5) and isometric triceps work (rounds 6-10) taking about 30 minutes to complete.