What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Nutter Butter=Oreo

I just can't stand that filling in an original Oreo. Reminds me of toothpaste. ;)

I've been known to pull the filling out of an Oreo and eat just the cookie.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Nutter Butter=Oreo

I just can't stand that filling in an original Oreo. Reminds me of toothpaste. ;)

I'm so-so on the original Oreo cookies. I would much rather have the lemon, mint, or brownie batter ones.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Nutter Butter=Oreo

<snip>

Thank you! Yes: De-minted dollar store toothpaste, as I said in my own "Oreo nonfood" post.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Nutter Butter=Oreo

I've been known to pull the filling out of an Oreo and eat just the cookie.

I've totally done that. In fact, if I buy a package of oreos and don't like the taste (the cotton candy flavor comes to mind), I'll just go through the whole package, throw out the icky filling part, and eat a couple of the wafers each day.
  • awest6920218
    awest6920218 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hate mayonnaise.
  • awest6920218
    awest6920218 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    finally, i thought i was the only one.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I love mayonnaise but hate miracle whip
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Nutter Butter=Oreo

I'm so-so on the original Oreo cookies. I would much rather have the lemon, mint, or brownie batter ones.

I can take or leave an original Oreo. Now the Golden Oreos... yum!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I love mayonnaise but hate miracle whip

I love both...equally. There! I said it!
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Olives are only good when eating Greek/Greek inspired food.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I've been known to pull the filling out of an Oreo and eat just the cookie. [/quote]

Only way to eat one ..
    Get rid of that crisco like filling and fill the cookies with real peanut butter
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    lalee115 wrote: »
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Nutter Butter=Oreo

I don't like the original ones, but the Golden ones are so good.

I also really love the new pistachio cream thin Oreos.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Almond and other nut juices (some people call them milk) are useless if you don't have a lactose issue.

We have sweetened almond milk in the fridge all the time because one of the kids has lactose intolerance. I used it on cereal once when we were out of regular milk (which is 2% in our house) and I discovered I liked it better. I have it on cereal and I mix it with Ovaltine, which I also found I like by experimentation. For all other uses, I use regular dairy milk.

I'm not a huge milk fan in general. I really only drank milk as a kid since it was offered for dinner, but it was never my favorite. I generally prefer cereal dry as a snack, but if I was eating it as a meal I would just use either Fat Free milk (90 calories) or use Almond Milk/Cashew since I prefer to use most of my calories on actual food & not drinks.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Vienna Fingers are better than either, at least for a couple of days. I can't stand having any of the mass produced sandwich cookies too many times in a row without switching off. Both the other two are in the mix and would get eaten.

That's why I wish Oreo would release a variety pack of their limited edition Oreos. Usually by the time I am done with the pack the Oreos are either stale or I'm trying to pawn them off on nieces & nephews or coworkers. The only Oreos I don't get sick of eating are the White Fudge Oreos & if they ever re-released The Cotton Candy Oreos that flavor too.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    lalee115 wrote: »
    Nutter Butter > Oreo

Nutter Butter=Oreo

I like the golden oreos, but I think they are just OK imitations of Keebler Vienna Fingers.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Processed food is not the devil.

Protein bars are just glorified, overpriced candy bars with no real nutritional value.

Except for, uh, the protein. :)

*siiiiiigh* 🙄 I’m aware of that. I guess I shouldn’t have added my sentence. I meant that they’re touted as “healthy” because of their protein content, but a lot of them contain the same amount of sugar and calories as a regular sized snickers bar. I rather just eat a snickers tbh.

Boyyyyyyyy do I have a thread for you. :) I don't have a handy link (I really should have favorited it) but someone decided to eat one of those humongous snickers bars that come out this time of year and that was it for the day. He ended up eating like 9 normal sized bars as an equivalent and reported on satiety and workout performance.

Best thread ever. :)

But, yeah, I don't eat that many protein bars anymore mostly because of the higher fiber and they can be considered candy barish but I'm also someone who finds some kind of nutritional value in everything. Hell, even potato chips have considerable potassium.
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Processed food is not the devil.

Protein bars are just glorified, overpriced candy bars with no real nutritional value.

Except for, uh, the protein. :)

*siiiiiigh* 🙄 I’m aware of that. I guess I shouldn’t have added my sentence. I meant that they’re touted as “healthy” because of their protein content, but a lot of them contain the same amount of sugar and calories as a regular sized snickers bar. I rather just eat a snickers tbh.

Boyyyyyyyy do I have a thread for you. :) I don't have a handy link (I really should have favorited it) but someone decided to eat one of those humongous snickers bars that come out this time of year and that was it for the day. He ended up eating like 9 normal sized bars as an equivalent and reported on satiety and workout performance.

Best thread ever. :)

But, yeah, I don't eat that many protein bars anymore mostly because of the higher fiber and they can be considered candy barish but I'm also someone who finds some kind of nutritional value in everything. Hell, even potato chips have considerable potassium.

Was it this one? https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10023905/my-one-day-snickers-bar-story/p1

That thread was great! Thanks 😂