What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I do not like cold pizza. I will gag if I bite into it.

Not sure if that is an unpopular opinion, but have never met anyone who's at least not OK with cold pizza.

Omg, yes! The idea of cold pizza is disgusting to me. I can't stand cold tomato sauce either. I could never understand why everyone seems to just LOVE day old, cold pizza.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member

Not sure if that is an unpopular opinion, but have never met anyone who's at least not OK with cold pizza.

Omg, yes! The idea of cold pizza is disgusting to me. I can't stand cold tomato sauce either. I could never understand why everyone seems to just LOVE day old, cold pizza.

I only like cold pizza if it's pesto or thai pizza with a crust on the thinner side. YES, I said PIZZA and not FLATBREAD. PIZZAAAA!!!!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2018
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

I only like cold pizza if it's pesto or thai pizza with a crust on the thinner side. YES, I said PIZZA and not FLATBREAD. PIZZAAAA!!!!

I am okay with cold pizza that still has the crust in good shape so that you can take a normal bite and not have to twist your head to tear it off...
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member

Me either! Ugh.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

I am okay with cold pizza that still has the crust in good shape so that you can take a normal bite and not have to twist your head to tear it off...

:D
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited November 2018
    Nutella is an oversweet insult to both chocolate and hazelnuts.

While I respect your right to not like Nutella, I disagree and think it's awesome. Also think the people who tried to sue Nutella for marketing it as "healthy" without doing any of their own research/reading the label are silly.

I hate mayonnaise.
    I don't like sushi
    Bacon doesn't make everything better.

Agreed to the three above.

One of my own that a lot of people tell me is gross - melted cheese is great on oatmeal. If other grains can go with cheese, why not oats?

Edited for spelling
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    sarjenki wrote: »

While I respect your right to not like Nutella, I disagree and think it's awesome. Also think the people who tried to sew Nutella for marketing it as "healthy" without doing any of their own research/reading the label are silly.

I hate mayonnaise.
    I don't like sushi

One of my own that a lot of people tell me is gross - melted cheese is great on oatmeal. If other grains can go with cheese, why not oats?

Once of the best instant oatmeal flavors I've ever had was Quaker apple cheddar rosemary. Unfortunately it was a limited time thing.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    A few more - kale never should have been upgraded from decorating the plate at Shoney's to something we actually eat
    - I don't really like any seafood other than lobster and will tolerate tilapia if it's soaked in lemon juice
    - Coffee is disappointing bc it smells so good but tastes so bad. If I want to drink something hot and sugary I'll drink hot chocolate
    - I've always hated Ranch dressing
    - I don't remember ever liking soda (my mom says I drank it when I was really little)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I don't care for mega-sweetened hot coffee drinks. It's like a hot milkshake: Why?

I'm a skim latte lover. Typical me/barista conversation:

"I'd like a large skim latte, please."
    "What flavor?"
    "Coffee. And skim milk."

Some places (automated machines) don't even make them that way. WTFlip?
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I get my lattes with nonfat milk, I can’t tell the difference once the milk is steamed and frothed.
    Love my grande nonfat blonde latte :)
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't care for mega-sweetened hot coffee drinks. It's like a hot milkshake: Why?

Because milkshakes are awesome!

Most of the time I want a standard hot non-fat latte or cappuccino. But every once in a while having a mocha is delicious decadence. Especially around Christmas when I can get a salted caramel mocha or peppermint mocha. It's hot chocolate with a hit of espresso.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

"What flavor?"
    "Coffee. And skim milk."

I get my lattes with nonfat milk, I can’t tell the difference once the milk is steamed and frothed.

Most of the time I want a standard hot non-fat latte or cappuccino. But every once in a while having a mocha is delicious decadence. Especially around Christmas when I can get a salted caramel mocha or peppermint mocha. It's hot chocolate with a hit of espresso.

I don't even like coffee. No amount of milk, cream, or fancy sugar syrups will change that :tongue:
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2018
    sarjenki wrote: »

While I respect your right to not like Nutella, I disagree and think it's awesome. Also think the people who tried to sue Nutella for marketing it as "healthy" without doing any of their own research/reading the label are silly.

I hate mayonnaise.
    I don't like sushi

Edited for spelling

If you eat savory oats, why not? I sometimes cook in some feta. (For sweet, I suppose there's the apple and cheddar thing. Edit -- and it appears Quaker already thought of that!)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

I actually like when the crust gets rubbery. And when the cheese gets hard haha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

"What flavor?"
    "Coffee. And skim milk."

I don't even like coffee. No amount of milk, cream, or fancy sugar syrups will change that :tongue:

Every now & then I'll drink a fancy iced coffee drink since it's more like a dessert, but the one time I got a PSL I felt like a cat lapping at milk. It was disgusting! Hot coffee is not for me. I'd rather drink diet soda for my caffeine.

Coffee in ice cream is awesome.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    What is a PSL?!?

"What flavor?"
    "Coffee. And skim milk."

Every now & then I'll drink a fancy iced coffee drink since it's more like a dessert, but the one time I got a PSL I felt like a cat lapping at milk. It was disgusting! Hot coffee is not for me. I'd rather drink diet soda for my caffeine.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member

Of course they are. But they're not hot. That's a travesty. ;)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    What is a PSL?!?

"What flavor?"
    "Coffee. And skim milk."

Seriously? This time of year and you don't know what a PSL is?

I will put you out of your misery @quiksylver296 . They're pumpkin spice lattes.