December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Glad you are out of the boot. Those things are a pain! Sorry he put the kabash on your running for a while, but you do want to make sure that it is completely healed before doing too much. Hope the time passes quickly for you....at least you can get out and walk. That's a plus.

@Avidkeo Looks like a great place to run.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Ok, did anyone save the “inexpensive sport” meme.

If so, please repost
    They claim I was first to post it to the thread months ago, so I guess I will do the repost...

g9osi4psmfhq.png

Just discussed running budget with hubby.... I’m still not cut off 🤣🤣🤣

Wooo hooooo!!!

I just do not know who the original artist is to credit. Which sucks.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    12/1 - 7mph for 1 hour @ 4% grade
    12/2 - 7 miles
    12/3 - 7mph for 1 hour @ 4% grade
    12/4 - 0 KM
    12/5 - 12 miles
    12/6 - Cookies
    12/7 - 12 miles

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Scott6255 - I am honored to be part of the 'family'! Awesome that you have so many that share our birthday!

@mobycarp - I have worked on Windows for most of my adult life and I have to say I was thrilled when I retired to inherit my daughter's old Mac. For my birthday DH got me a new MacBook Pro and within minutes I had it up and running and all my files, data and apps moved from the old one. It even transferred my Microsoft Office products. Best of all everything was there and everything worked when I restarted after the transfer. I do not miss Windows at all! I am sorry your SSHD failed though - hopefully they replace it and can recover your data from it! Nice that you have a Linux platform as a backup to work from in the meantime!

@workaholic_nurse - wow, that is scary! Be safe!!

@hesn92 - could it be a bunion? They are often aggravated by running shoes, especially if you don't have enough room in the toe box.

@mbaker566 - absolutely love those puppy faces!

@MegaMooseEsq - maybe consider getting your pup a nice new crate with a cozy bed that Iqqy can hangout in when you are gone for a run or whatever and of course to sleep in at night? Maybe try feeding him in the crate to get him to like it?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @shanaber
    @MegaMooseEsq - maybe consider getting your pup a nice new crate with a cozy bed that Iqqy can hangout in when you are gone for a run or whatever and of course to sleep in at night? Maybe try feeding him in the crate to get him to like it?

Oh, you better believe we’re getting him a nice cuddly new crate this weekend.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    So we did run last night. Don is apparently a bit more out of shape than I am. His Garmin said "3.5 days recovery" and mine said "26 hours" :smiley: He did try the whole "it is your fault we are going so fast" line. Went something like this:

At 8 miles he was like "we can turn here and cut it short, or go straight for 15 miles"
    ME: "I can push on to 15, but not at 8:45"
    HIM: "I am just trying to keep with you"

Pretty funny since I was a 1/2 stride BEHIND HIM and lost and he was leading the way. :)

We might make it a regular Friday thing since he supposed to be training for a marathon and our 12 miles run last night was more miles than he had done in a whole week in a while. Looking at the Strava data, he spent 83% of the run in Z5, and I never got to Z5 at all:

0hgmk6bbvvvm.png

So maybe I was somehow pushing him? He is not the first person to complain that they are just trying to keep up with me when I am BEHIND them. Wonder what I am doing...

A couple weeks ago I ran behind 2 guys who were both going faster than they needed to, mostly because neither wanted to be the one to admit they needed to slow down. It was kind of funny.
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent : I bought my Plantronics backbeat fit & it is perfect. Thank you.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent : I bought my Plantronics backbeat fit & it is perfect. Thank you.

Great!