December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Today I will be doing something crazy. Gonna meet up with Don (forget his MFP handle...) from this thread and do a short run. Think he said 11 miles.

This will be the first non-race I have run with another human being in umm a 5 years? Something like that... Not sure I know what is protocol, should I turn up my audiobook so he can hear it too, or just pretend I am listening to him and not the book?

I run to music, so a little different - but if I’m with another human I will plant one ear bud in my ear and tuck the other in my sports bra. I am guessing you don’t have the luxury of a sports bra tho 🤣

I don’t have to concentrate on music and you probably do your book...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow i sound like a broken record i'm sure, but i watch an action movie. or action series. something that doesn't require a lot of brain power but something i can still get lost in
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    So I can’t give you a running update because I’m still out of commission, but I can give you a lovely creepy crawly pick. This is a weta that came in for a visit. They’re a prehistoric cricket-like insect, endemic to New Zealand, and as we don’t do animals (we have a bat as our only native mammal) this is a scary as it gets here. This one is not a particularly large species, but he’s still about 7cm long in the body plus legs plus those ridiculously long antennae. I didn’t want to touch him as they are prickly and known to bite so he’s still on the kitchen wall!

d0ew3r1ielfx.jpeg
    So I can’t give you a running update because I’m still out of commission, but I can give you a lovely creepy crawly pick. This is a weta that came in for a visit. They’re a prehistoric cricket-like insect, endemic to New Zealand, and as we don’t do animals (we have a bat as our only native mammal) this is a scary as it gets here. This one is not a particularly large species, but he’s still about 7cm long in the body plus legs plus those ridiculously long antennae. I didn’t want to touch him as they are prickly and known to bite so he’s still on the kitchen wall!

d0ew3r1ielfx.jpeg

I think it would look good on the bottom of your shoe, prehistoric or not.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Good idea. We'll have to see if we can't rearrange things to get a TV/monitor in front of it.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Wait. Doesn't your vacuum cleaner have an extension wand? We have asian lady beetles every where. They are not scary. They will bite. But are mostly a stinky nuisance. I do worry that one will get in my ear when I'm asleep.

Hey. Name her Wena and sing the My Wena song to her from Bowling for Soup. (I just wanted to say wena cuz I'm 5). Good luck with wena the weta. :love:
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a marathon to do in October, our own TC Marathon would be a great choice. It's always in the top 10 lists for top marathons in the US. I'm targeting 2020 or 2021 for this. @MegaMooseEsq this is TC in Motion

check out this video clip
    https://www.facebook.com/TwinCitiesInMotion/videos/293141911336173/
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless @katharmonic Omg. The lung. Don't cough it up. Wow. :no_mouth: wow.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Ok, did anyone save the “inexpensive sport” meme.

If so, please repost