December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Did we get an end of the month question this month? Because if no one else has one, I have one.
    Who inspires you, as a runner?

Great question! I hadn't thought of one yet. Love the local guy inspiring you!!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo @Tramboman @kgirlhart and everyone else thanks for the encouragement! I have a feeling I'll be even worse next week, but luckily (for you all at least lol) I'm taking a couple of days' break in the countryside to hopefully catch up on some sleep and relax beforehand, and as I can't access the forum from my phone (long story, Spanish app sends me to Spanish forums) you won't have to put up with my rambling doubts ;-) Plan is to head out there Wednesday afternoon, come home on Saturday morning switch cases head for the city hit the race expo pick up pack look at the Xmas lights stay in hotel try to sleep run/walk all the miles eat all the doughnuts. Then maybe take a shower

@eleanorhawkins I just noticed yesterday you can change languages. Maybe this might help? Have a great time!

uwwafehrllq3.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    So have I complained about running in new shoes lately? Oh. probably not since it has been <cough><sputter> months since I have put on new shoes.

Ran 12.1 miles in the brand new shoes and ugh they are so stiff and padded. I can not feel the ground anymore! *grumble* It will be weeks probably before I pound them into some semblance of usable.

@PastorVincent - This is why I run in less cushioned 0 drop shoes! They have no issue out of the box.

My trail shoes are 0 drop. I am probably going to switch to 0 drop for road next time I buy, but I bought these shoes back in July - or thereabouts - during Amazon's big sale. So will wear them down first probably. Especially given how broke I am this time of year. :)
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    **creeps in**

Hello! I’ve been MIA for almost a month now due to mostly laziness and a few migraines. I don’t have much excuse though. I know I feel blah lately since I haven’t been running, so I’m making December a priority.

I’ll be in the UK for a little over a week at the end of the month, and while I hope to get in some runs there, I am going to set a small goal of 20 miles for the month. I hope to pick up significantly in January as I begin training for an April half.

Where abouts in UK are you going to be?
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today are rest days. I avoided the rain this morning and rode a slow, easy 10 miles on our indoor recumbent bike. Hoping the rain will let up and we can do a dry walk with the dogs outside later...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    My trail run was cancelled due to weather. It was FLOODING here this morning. I guess they cancelled due to liability. They did keep the after party
    y3jwgrz7johd.jpeg
    ]jnu4qdfsrmf5.jpeg
    cs0hxz1fnbkj.jpeg

I got first in age group for my wine drinking abilities 🤣🤣🤣

Thats just awesome!