rysuy6jqzfee.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:D
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your wonderful comments. My DH loves decorations and I do it mostly for him. It took all day, sometimes on a ladder to do the tree. I do the rest as the creative mood hits me.
    KJ - I love how observant you are. The little bears were for my first 5 grandkids. Had them made somewhere. The Disney ornaments are from one of our trips to Disney. There is one with the whole family dressed as pirates for Halloween. I love the ornaments we pick up on our travels.
    Lisa- love your painting. Hope the exit interview goes well. Will add one more pic.
    SueBDew in TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do the 10 Lbs Down Better Body Blast DVD.

After water class need to go to the fundraiser and work that. Then ceramics tonight

Pip – where do you get the ornaments that you buy each year?

Sue in TX – love your tree. It’s just me, but I don’t like a tree that has all one color lights or a few type of ornaments. I like different ornaments. But that’s just me

Heather – how I wish our HOA would allow us to have a clothes line! I really miss it!

Kate UK – my car is due for inspection. The reason we waited so long (I usually get it done earlier) is because as of Dec. 1 NC no longer requires the emission testing so that would save us a bit of money. I also need an oil change. Vince hasn’t said anything about getting a new car for me. Personally, I don’t have a problem using my car to go to FL this year.

Karen in VA – the one thing that I don’t like about kettlebells is that you have to have a lot of different sizes. I have three sizes of dumbbells. One smaller size for shoulders. You can always double up on the weights (like you should have more for back and legs)

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army then volunteered at the fund raiser. On the way home stopped at Sams to get shrimp. I like their shrimp for the holidays since it’s so large. When I came home Vince had some of the decorations outside. Then I went out for a bit. Now getting dinner ready. Ceramics tonight. If anything, at the fundraiser I got my 10,000 (and probably more) steps in since I was clearing tables so I was walking around checking to see if people were finished and then taking their trash to the garbage can

Lisa – I’m sure your painting will be absolutely great. I made a painting at this wine and paint place. I tell you, it looks much better from 5 feet away….lol I’m planning to take it to the condo so that I don’t have to look at it much. Update: It’s gorgeous!

Janet in MO – When Vince was working, they had a y2k countdown clock. After the y2k, he used it to count down the days until his retirement…lol

After ceramics stopped at Lowes Foods then a friend of mine who is giving me a little bit of red wine. I need it for this cheese that I’m making, and we’re not wine drinkers so I don’t have any in the house. Will be going to bed in a few.

Oh, got a memo that the Newcomer general meeting is going to be held in another place on the airport grounds. Seems the airport is doing remodeling. Have no idea how long we'll be displaced. You know, Vince mentioned a while ago that we should look for someplace else just in case, and he was ignored. Wonder why they're doing this remodeling? I didn't see anything wrong with the room we were in. Maybe a new rug and paint. But it's not like there were water stains on the ceiling or anything. Are they doing this in preparation for something? This is the city, and I just don't see a government entity doing upgrades just for the heck of it. But then again, not my problem.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, Your painting is wonderful and looks professional quality to me.

:) When I got up from my nap there was a phone message from the dentist's office. When I saw it, I wondered if they were calling to say they undercharged me for yesterday's visit or the dentist found something troubling in my x-rays and I'd have to go back. Instead, it was one of the receptionists asking how Jake was since she's the one I talked to last week when I cancelled the appointment when we were at the emergency room and she was concerned about him.

:)suebdew, Your tree looks like something in a magazine photo. I love ornaments that looks like characters.

:)Pip, great fish ornament.

<3 Barbie

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    total cal 766 and did my deed today
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do the 10 Lbs Down Better Body Blast DVD.

After water class need to go to the fundraiser and work that. Then ceramics tonight

Pip – where do you get the ornaments that you buy each year?

Sue in TX – love your tree. It’s just me, but I don’t like a tree that has all one color lights or a few type of ornaments. I like different ornaments. But that’s just me

Heather – how I wish our HOA would allow us to have a clothes line! I really miss it!

Kate UK – my car is due for inspection. The reason we waited so long (I usually get it done earlier) is because as of Dec. 1 NC no longer requires the emission testing so that would save us a bit of money. I also need an oil change. Vince hasn’t said anything about getting a new car for me. Personally, I don’t have a problem using my car to go to FL this year.

Karen in VA – the one thing that I don’t like about kettlebells is that you have to have a lot of different sizes. I have three sizes of dumbbells. One smaller size for shoulders. You can always double up on the weights (like you should have more for back and legs)

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army then volunteered at the fund raiser. On the way home stopped at Sams to get shrimp. I like their shrimp for the holidays since it’s so large. When I came home Vince had some of the decorations outside. Then I went out for a bit. Now getting dinner ready. Ceramics tonight. If anything, at the fundraiser I got my 10,000 (and probably more) steps in since I was clearing tables so I was walking around checking to see if people were finished and then taking their trash to the garbage can

Lisa – I’m sure your painting will be absolutely great. I made a painting at this wine and paint place. I tell you, it looks much better from 5 feet away….lol I’m planning to take it to the condo so that I don’t have to look at it much. Update: It’s gorgeous!

Janet in MO – When Vince was working, they had a y2k countdown clock. After the y2k, he used it to count down the days until his retirement…lol

After ceramics stopped at Lowes Foods then a friend of mine who is giving me a little bit of red wine. I need it for this cheese that I’m making, and we’re not wine drinkers so I don’t have any in the house. Will be going to bed in a few.

Oh, got a memo that the Newcomer general meeting is going to be held in another place on the airport grounds. Seems the airport is doing remodeling. Have no idea how long we'll be displaced. You know, Vince mentioned a while ago that we should look for someplace else just in case, and he was ignored. Wonder why they're doing this remodeling? I didn't see anything wrong with the room we were in. Maybe a new rug and paint. But it's not like there were water stains on the ceiling or anything. Are they doing this in preparation for something? This is the city, and I just don't see a government entity doing upgrades just for the heck of it. But then again, not my problem.

Michele in NC

everywhere, don't get them at one particular face, the more weird, the better
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is International Ninja Day!

And I almost missed it because I started to post and then got busy. If ninja's aren't your thing, today is also Bathtub Party Day and National Sacher Torte Day.

Allie - Congratulations on closing on the house. Just today I dealt with what I think will be the last tricky thing from my dad's estate, which is his stupid timeshare. We just got his footstone placed this week.

Deb - Wow, you are an inspiration! I smashed my left knee during a visit to Norway in 2013, and then smashed it again in a motorcycle accident in 2016. I can do a lot, but I think I'm better off sticking with low-impact activities. Which reminds me, I need to dust off the Nordic Track!

DelSydney - Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Tracey - Wow, your ornaments are gorgeous!

Barbie - Hurray for good teeth!

Janet - Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm still kind of thinking about counseling, just something short-term to help me break this impasse. I've been researching online counseling since it's more affordable, but I don't know. I've got some pretty good self hypnosis recordings on various weight loss topics, so I think maybe I'll hold on to my money and try those for awhile. I'm moving really slow right now, but if I keep plugging along maybe I'll get on a roll.

Katla - Thanks for the suggestion! I've done a few yoga classes in the past and I did enjoy them, so hopefully setting aside a specific time for class will help. If I don't like the teacher there, we have a couple of other teachers in town whose free classes I've attended, so I could always sign up with them instead.

Lisa - I love the bright colors in your yellow wellies painting!

Philip and I have been talking lately about our next home. We're not moving anytime soon as he's still building a practice here, but we've started trying to think about where we'd want to retire. Somewhere closer to friends and family, and with better resources for us should we not be able to get around as well as we do now. We're still in discussions with two other couples about possible co-housing, but I think they are pretty committed to south Austin and I'm not sure I want that. I'm leaning toward Bryan, Texas, where I went to college and still have many dear friends. We've got a few years to think about it. In the meantime, we bought a pickup truck and travel trailer this year. Maybe we'll just sell the house and drive from place to place when we retire, exploring the country and terrorizing other motorists.

And now it's time for me to sneak away like a ninja and start my bathtub party. Where are the bath bombs?

-Yvonne in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    I've covered 8.6 km so far today ... all utility walking.

Bus into town ... walk to a meeting up north. Walk to the uni after the meeting and walk to catch the bus home. Plus, of course the walks to/from the bus at the home end of things.

It's a beautiful day out there ... 30C.

And I was carrying my backpack the whole way.

Not a bad workout.

For those of you who are carers ... do you ever attend the meetings your local carers organisation puts on?

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    h1csou6b9u0y.jpg

I have 7 pages to read, and End of Semester madness is in full swing. So many extra functions to attend, along with personal Christmas prep has meant that my time on here has been limited. It should ease after tomorrow. Still doing my thing, healthwise, though. Lol!.

December Focus: Replace 'I will...' with 'I am...'

Short bio
    I'm 72, and live in Northern Ireland. Married 52 years, and have 2 daughters and 3 grand'kids'.

I'm retired, but work as a volunteer Group leader for a lifelong learning charity. I lead 5 groups, and belong to another 10, so am kept pretty busy. I love the Challenges on MFP as the keep me accountable. I'm assistant coach in charge of an optional strength Challenge for a small walking group.

Pre 2015, when I joined MFP, I had hip problems whichnimpacted my mobility, and gained a lot of weight, which I had to shed to qualify for hip surgery. Lost 40lbs, got a new hip and have lost another 20. Trying to get down to a maintenance weight that gives me wriggle room for high days and holidays. 10 more lbs to go.

I love all things arts and crafts, and am studying Shakespeare, Latin and art history, to name a few.
    December Daily Goals Hoping to continue my downward trend on the scale.
    Food
    ~ Pre-log; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately
    Cardio:
    ~ 9,500+ Steps daily
    ~ 30+ minutes interval walking
    Strength:
    ~ 15+ mins lower body physio daily or ~ 15+ minutes arms/core/abs
    Flexibility:
    ~ 5 mins stretch before/after workouts
    ~ 10+ mins yoga or tai chi
    Daily Mindfulness Practice/meditation
    15 mins Daily Declutter session

80464089.png

Irish Terri

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Well done on the cheerful picture. :D I used to dabble with paint, but I got so much flack from my children and husband I lost my confidence. I would like to have another go now. As you say, it is a great 'mindfulness " hack.

Today I am off to London to see my cancer friend. I'm catching the train from my tiny local station, which doesn't even have a ticket office, just a machine. DH doesn't like being interrupted in his morning routine and I do actually want to experience the station for the first time. I will probably choose a different route another day. I will have to change at Hove and wait for 13 minutes for the London train. :s
    I'm not going to stay long with her as I know she gets very tired. I'm bringing soup and dessert. She isn't eating much now.
    It'll be interesting going up to London a different way. I will come in at Victoria and then get the tube to Highbury.
    Don’t like Victoria as much as Waterloo.

See you later, love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Rebecca Darn your middle sister. To avoid dealing with her, you had to miss out on seeing other family members & celebrating your aunt's birthday! Your sister wields a lot of power...t2651.gif

Pip Do you know Bronners? You probably do. They have a 27 acre brick & mortar Christmas ornament store in Michigan & a booming mail order business:
    Lisa Nice painting!

BCKAREN Congrats! Twins! Wow! Looking forward to pictures.

Yvonne I find it interesting to hear what other people are thinking about future living situations. I am nearly certain our next move will be to a CCRC. My partner is totally sold on it, and I am open to the idea. She would move today if the opportunity presented itself. It would certainly simplify our lives.

Machka What beauty you are surrounded by!

_________

Yesterday was a lo-o-o-ong day.

I woke up allergic & stuffy & logy from the white wine the night before.

My partner was still asleep at 7 a.m. when it was time to take the lawn tractor to be serviced, so I went by myself, which would ordinarily not be a big deal. The morning interstate traffic was fast & unforgiving for an old woman hauling a lawn tractor. I stayed in the right lane, drove not too fast & not too slow, gave ample signal time for exits, and made it safely there. The most worrisome moment was just as I arrived at the business. There was a big logging truck on my tail. They can't stop on a dime. I slowed & signalled well ahead of time, but pulling into the tractor place is a somewhat tricky maneuver involving exiting directly off the thoroughfare (no exit lane). The business is just on the other side of an overpass & can't be seen until you are upon it, so you have to time it correctly based on memory, or you miss it altogether. With that big truck bearing down on me, my heart skipped a beat, but I executed it perfectly, so it was fine. I was glad to get the lawn tractor off the trailer & head home. Pulling an empty trailer is much easier!

Then my grandson & I had online school. He wanted to have a snow day because we had a few snowflakes coming down, LOL!!! His mom was no help, either, as she had fixed them both mulled cider & snuggled with him on the couch instead of starting him on his work. She wanted a snow day, too, so by the time mean old Grammy arrived to burst their bubble, they were firmly in denial about school (she's a teacher, so they both have school every day). Needless to say, I was persona non grata, but my grandson heaved a big sigh & buckled down to get his work done after he could see I was impervious to his pleas for a snow day.

Then I went to work from 3-10. Luckily, we were not terribly busy, & we got out on time, so it was a bit of a reprieve from the rest of the day.

I'm glad it's a new day.

The eulogy President George W. Bush gave for his father was so poignant, so funny, so moving, so authentic. I am glad for the Bush family to be in College Station (where Cheri lives). :'(

Love to Everyone. Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Machka - Holy crap, with the conversion rate, that equals $8.51 USD a gallon! That's utterly insane when we're paying $1.94 USD per gallon right now in Arkansas. If they were using litre measurements, we'd be paying .51 USD per litre, or .77 AUS. I know that the price everywhere is affected by the tax structures, but y'all are literally being held over a barrel... an oil barrel!

Lisa in AR
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! The interview with the new family last night went well. They will be sharing one of my full time spots during the day shift. It will give me only a bit more financially each week, but next fall, when I have a full time opening, this little girl will slide into that and come here full time. By that time she will be almost one year old. Trentin was here while I spoke with them and he was PERFECT! He came in and said hello and then went back into the living room to play. Whew!
    Karen BC- Congrats on the twins! Glad everything went well for your daughter. <3
    Karen VA- Bronners! I have been there a few times! It is in a wonderful little town (Frankenmuth) and is a great little place to stop. My family sets up a "field trip" there every couple of years. You sure get a lot done in a day! Errands, tutoring, work... B)
    Pip-Curious, do you still buy/collect ornaments? Or are these all from years past and your tree is full?
    Heather- Enjoy your time visiting your friend! I am positive she enjoys your visits. You seem to be the perfect guest/visitor by NOT making extra work for her and by knowing how long to stay. I think those are important things to remember.
    Lisa- Great job on the painting! That is something that I have never tried and would like to.
    Jultime61- Welcome! Let us know what you would like us to call you, come back often and remember to book mark the page! Great group of women, here!
    Machka- That is an impressive number of steps/miles! The views are fantastic!
    Yvonne- So nice to see you back! lol I have missed your daily posting regarding which daily holiday we are celebratiing! DH and I have talked about moving south in a few years. We both really enjoyed our travels through Arkansas. Mid Arkansas would put us half way between Michigan and DFW area of Texas (where daughter/grandson lives).

Well, first kiddo has arrived so I better scoot and get breakfast going for him! Love and hugs to all who need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up and staggering...Icy cold here in Connecticut but well you gotta do what you gotta do.
    I did get up and hang stuff in the closet and I am on my second cup of tea...
    have someone coming at 9 today to see what can be done for washer ,dryer and will call and make a few more appointments to get more quotes
    I will make a trip up to my dads house today to say goodbye.. the pictures I took of the empty house were on my old phone, so will retake them on the new one and download them onto my laptop...
    will do some more cleaning , have to get my place ready for our little get together here next weds...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Machka - Holy crap, with the conversion rate, that equals $8.51 USD a gallon! That's utterly insane when we're paying $1.94 USD per gallon right now in Arkansas. If they were using litre measurements, we'd be paying .51 USD per litre, or .77 AUS. I know that the price everywhere is affected by the tax structures, but y'all are literally being held over a barrel... an oil barrel!

Lisa in AR

That's one of the problems with living on an island 240 km out in the middle of the ocean. It's beautiful here, but can be expensive.

M in Oz