WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Smith’s Power Step DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Strength Training Band and Circuit DVD.

We’ve been putting out Christmas decorations. This year we’re really going to scale back. Mother Nature just hasn’t been cooperative. Then went to Lowe’s Hardware to get Vince a plug. It’s good in a sense right now to send me. I have no clue what or where things are so people are more willing to help. We also got most of the Christmas things put away.

Jess just invited our vet and his wife to dinner next weekend. So now we’re up to 13 people. Bad part is that we only have 12 chairs, 12 flatware, I have a set of “12 days of Christmas” plates/glasses. Well, it’ll all work out.

Janetr – sure hope they can help your eyes

Tracey – beautiful ornament. Is that painted?

Talking about flukey timing right before someone passes. For some reason last summer something kept nagging at me “call Evelyn, call Evelyn”. Well, I called and her husband told me that she’d had a massive heart attack and was in the hospital. So I called the hospital. Her husband needed to go away for a week and in the past when he needed to go away, he had someone check in on her. Only she’d get very upset at it. So he asked me if I would stay with her for that week figuring that she wouldn’t get upset if a family member were with her. I changed my entire schedule (no biggie, really) and was all set to go there. Before he had a chance to tell her that I was coming, she’d passed.

Sweet pics of all the babies. Denise told me that she finds out Jan. 3 the sex of the baby. Personally, I wouldn’t want to know, but that’s just me. I asked her when she wanted me to come up. She’s due May 12 so I’m thinking around May 5.

Whenever I donate something and am sad about it, I just think to myself “they need it more than I do”

Tomorrow we go to see TSO! Can’t wait! Lynette is REALLY stressing because they are calling for snow. I just say “I’ll believe it when it’s on the ground”

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    sygd3c3vw8sc.jpeg
    This evenings ornament
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    (((Allie))) Congratulations on the sale of your dad’s house! The buyers seem perfect. A nice profit would be good, too. You were a wonderful daughter to your dad and made his life in old age better and happier. You get to take his love with you into your future. :star:

Heather: Congratulations on finishing the coat hooks unit. WTG! It looks fabulous, and useful. :smiley:

Pressing Patience: I love your somee card. It makes me smile. I just brought in my Christmas trees and decorated them today. I’m happy with how they look. My living room is still full of ornament boxes. I’ll tackle that after dinner. I’ll admit to an ache here and there from the effort. The picture of the valiant woman collapsed from hard work speaks to the work this season takes for so many of us. :flowerforyou:

Yvonne in TX: It sounds like you’ve been doing a great deal, and are happy with the results. I hope you are able to get some rest! :star:

Janetr: Your grandson is a real charmer. Congratulations! :heart:

Sue: I love the mental picture of you with the kitten on your lap. :bigsmile:

Machka: You are the best advocate your DH has, and you are doing a wonderful job. I’m sorry to hear about the BS that comes from the “bright young thing.” :heart:

I’ve had a lovely call from my daughter today and have company coming tomorrow to enjoy the Christmas Ships and have a good dinner. They’re coming early enough that we can show them the motor home. I’ve promised my grandnephew a gluten free chocolate cake, but I’m out of steam for today. I’ll make it tomorrow.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Attended a Christmas party with my husband. Purposely wore pants with a tight waistband to help me keep from overeating. I did pretty good all things considered. Glad to be home, though. I'm not good with multiple conversations going on around me and was getting fatigued trying to understand.

Have a girlfriend's lunch tomorrow. We'll meet at a restaurant though and I can order healthy. I usually get salads, but many places in our area are still not offering lettuce of any kind. Went to lunch yesterday (I get my socializing done in feast or famine fashion) and the waitress flat out said no salads!

Beth near Buffalo where it's lightly snowing
  • DelSydney
    DelSydney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Saturday afternoon here in Sydney. I only joined back a week ago and have spent this week working on filling in my food/exercise diary and reading anything remotely motivational coming into the silly season. Really enjoy reading your posts here and the amazing pics - specially decorations. As Machka knows we dont "do" decorations here quite like europe or the US of A but I have had my tree decorated in the dining room and our lights are on in the rockery every night. I have been keeping track of my steps for a couple of years now and only the past few weeks have I actually been working on increasing them. My husband and I walk just over 3k every day and I do zumba classes on friday and saturday. As it is currently 30 (86F) we wont be up to walking till after dark this afternoon. So far today my steps are 8800 so Ill be lucky to hit 10000 today if we dont do our walk. Yesterday with my usual wandering around, zumba and our afternoon walk I hit 18400 which is my max to date.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Well so much for slseping..just woke up with night sweats and a text from my daughter that her furnace isn't working..she contacted my brother who's good friend does HVAC ,so hopefully they can work something out..even though they own a house they don't have alot of funds for major repairs..going to try and go back to sleep.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    🎀🎀🎄🎄⚓⚓🙏🙏💞💞💗💗
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    to page 18
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    <3o:)(((Matthew))) o:)<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    LOVE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL BABIES!!!! <3<3<3<3<3o:)<3<3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Meg glad to hear from you, and that you are taking some time for self-care.
    pip glad you "just am" we'd miss you terribly... not to mention your boot! Is that Humpty Dumpty?
    Heather love the expression "aesthetic tyrant". Someone has to be ;) Decorating tree with Edie tomorrow, what joy! What is a "toning shoe rack"?
    Allie (((hugs))) LOVE the pooches.
    Karen in BC Con VERY gratulations. Since your DD had a c-section will you be staying longer to help?
    Yvonne, our church in Boise always had a mitten tree, but I'd not heard the backstory before. Many thanks! Belly dancing, now THAT is a mega calorie burner!
    Pat in OH Love the "so far behind" magnet
    Barbie love the Hanukkah flags, really impressed with your knitting, but most happy of all that you'll be teaching line dancing again starting Friday. Happy happy dance!
    Beth "Machka ... you could probably teach a class yourself ... just sayin' " Got THAT right!
    Katla " but life experience is more valuable than classes in this situation." true that!
    Likewise what Karen in VA (...would make me murderous... Wonder woman . . . want you in my corner) and Lisa ("add writing a book to your already crowded schedule" Brilliant!) said. Machka you and Rori and Katla and Lanette and Beth and Barbie and Allie and all the caregivers here are angels indeed and models of the very best sort.
    Lanette "fitness protection program" ... choked on my icewater!
    Tracey you and your husband are sooo creative! Ditto what others have wished for your next job... better people and all the benefits of the former.
    Evelyn cleaning is a win win, calorie burn and happy home. Can't get that from the gym ;)
    JanetR Baby Matthew. YuM!
    Cathy gorgeous pics!
    Machka trying to imagine a tactful way to help the bright young thing to understand that how she feels is fine for her but would be extremely uncomfortable for your DH. How on earth does one teach empathy? SMH. Hope the back-to-work organization will really listen to your DH's MD's recommendation and stop trying to push him into make-work.
    Karen in VA Love seeing Olivia the miracle baby so grown up looking!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 7/7, 60 g protein 6/7, rx/vits 6/7, meditate 7/7, knee exercises 7/7, SWSY UP 0/8, SWSY LOW 0/8, core 0/8, play with Tumble 6/7, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 6/7.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Ladies, so good to catch up and read about all your wonderful doings and goings on. Baby pics are particularly delightful, Karen, Janet and Kelly

Mackha I was thinking about what you are saying about the scripted professionals vs the more intutive experienced pros. It is so wise to understand where they are coming from, it will help you get clearer answers but also help you accept what is useful and what is just nonsense. Intuition and clarity take time to develop in all the caring professions and as much as I watch young teachers follow their plan they often miss the teachable moments or the chance to say something useful because they are inexperienced and caught up in themselve and not their students in front of them. Sadly not all professionals ever make that leap to intuitive, caring communication.

The days are whizzing by right now, concerts, rehearsals, social events but through it all, I get to be home in my kitchen for a chat with my DD Rachel and that has been the biggest most wonderful blessing of this season. Our tree went up while listening to Pentatonics Christmas as she needled me about saying the same things about each ornament or forgetting that we needed more lights from last year, (or burning the cookies---why do I always do that when decorating the tree!) So, in short my heart is full. <3<3

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    NYKAREN Yes! Intuitive communication! That's it! Your tree raising/cookie burning tradition is very sweet.

Kelly o:)<3(((Joaquin!!!))) <3o:)

Karen in Virginia looking forward to lunch with an old friend today <3