WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Michele Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I've seen them once. I sat through the whole concert only because it was a gift to my step-daughter & her husband. Phenomenal special effects...but way too intense for me. And waaaaaay too loud. I was really glad when it was over. It was an assault on my senses, LOL! I'm a delicate flower.

Karen in Virginia

We went to a concert in Phoenix on our way through during the 6-week US leg of our RTW travels in 2012.

We enjoyed it, but did think they could have toned it down just a bit and focused a little more on the music. I have one CD but would like to get them all!

M in Oz
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Still at my daughters until dec 17. Then back to work for 2 weeks and back here jan 7-31. Not getting much exercise chasing around a toddler but keeping my eating on track. I weigh at work so hope to see a loss when I am there next. Helping out with 2 newborns and a toddler keeps my hands full so they are not reaching for food.
    Keep on pushing forward my friends

Karen in BC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you, Allie... hope you feel better soon.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    Ppp
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. I’ve got my yogurt in the instant pot and lentil soup is on to simmer. Next hitting the gym and then a little grocery shopping

Karen sorry about that approaching snow/ice storm. Sounds like a whopper so stay safe. Brrrr, just thinking about it.

NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the compliments on the ornaments. Had an ok sale day yesterday and will be heading to another show today.

Tonight my eldest daughter and I are going alone to see the CP holiday train. It is in town too late for the Grands and we found out the neighbouring town doesn’t have the full performance. She is named in honour of my Dad so it will be a special evening for both of us tonight. Tomorrow night we are going in the City again to see the train but my youngest daughter and Grands will join us!

Off to paint an ornament and make some breakfast! We have a set of 3 that includes Mary and baby Jesus, the wisemen and the Manger. Last week someone bought the Manger and we hadn’t replaced it. Of course, yesterday a lady wanted all 3! She said she would show up today to get it. We’ll see if she does.

Have a great day ladies!
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Tracey! - How fun!!!! I saw a news clip a week or so ago that showed the CPR Holiday Train going through Detroit! Boy it would be fun to see that! Enjoy your time with your daughters and grands! Get some photos if you can! KJ
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I Googled the CPR Holiday Train. Looks great! I love trains! And I love festive lights! :D

Today's lunch with my stepdaughter went very well. Food turned out great. Plus we got a sunny walk in by the sea.

Came back to a delivery of a chrome shoe rack for my wardrobe. We've put it together (ooouuufff :o ) so I'm about to see how it fits in the wardrobe and how many pairs of shoes I can get on there. It's expa a a a ndable.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia, Michele, Peach, and any others in path of the big East Coast storm: Take care!!!!

Machka: Your beach Christmas reminds me of living in Hawaii. Trying to remember why I moved away... B)

Lisa: Give my best to the CEO of your new council. Soooooo happy for you and them!

Tracey: Good luck with the sale today. Your ornaments are beautiful.

I'm feeling a bit low in energy today. Must drag myself to the gym, but will get there because I know the alternative will just make me feel worse. Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills = Sunny and 50F degrees today :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    One thing in the house is the macrame tree but not hung up yet. I hope the lights are in the garbage bag where the tree is put. Now to get Louis to put the tree up then hang up the bows on them since the boys got upset when I hung bells on their racks, so to make them happy the bows will come out again, and my 3 manger scenes. I haven't had a tree in a couple of weeks, I might wrap up some boxes to put around the bottom of the tree that I will put in front of the box addressed to me and Louis. I was so far behind the posts I just skipped ahead.

Had an MRI on Thursday which my oldest took me too; Louis was dizzy again, looked a little gray as he talked about throwing up. When we got home, he was worse and Trey called his Dad's (and his) MD giving the nurse a summary of his symptoms; then she put him on the phone and asked him several things, like how long has he had the problems, and told to do a few things. He then told Trey some tests on his Dad, hung up the phone and called 9-1-1; Trey told me what was going on and said he could be 1/2 way to Americus before the ambulance could get there; so he took him in the car. I was upset because he would not me go, still a little hung over from the pill(s) they had given me to make the noise of the MRI would bother me saying he could not take us both because he could not help both of us. I called him every 30 minutes and he told me they had already come out to get him brecause of going though 'Triage' and they considered his condition was dire, so they took him right back into the ER section so they could assess him. That was the 1st time I talked to Trey and every 30 minutes after they took him back; by the 2nd call they had taken several tubes out of him, getting him ready for 1 of 2 CT Scans, EKGs and whatever they needed to rule out a stroke, they found that he had a UTI and had to have an antibotic and was then sent home. I often worried if Dr. Jones was expecting a call to come to the hospital in Albany; but I was so upset that he had not waited for the ambulance because if he was having a stroke he had nothing in the car to help him save his life and they would. I then told him, that is how I felt like all 4 times I had a black out and found myself on the floor. He said he had never felt that miserable. But, the next day he went to work. MEN! So many don't take care of themselves. I am pretty sure that they told him to 'follow up' with his own MD; I will need to have the appointment because he won't make one. They also told him he needed to get his eyes checked. I've been asking him to go get them checked as they look gray to me. They also told him to get his ears checked - now that will be a hard drive. I've been a little stressed out at the PA (at my NeuroMD for not returning my call) about the black outs that i have been having for the past 6-weeks or two months. When I went to his office I would see him once, and the PA for the next. I don't particulate that; especially he had just weaned me off the Dilantin. She told me she would talk to him - ok, when? I will give her until Wednesday of next week (or maybe I should call her on Monday to find ouy if this is week to be talk to her and let her go speak to him.

I have had a mild headache; but, not bad enough to take medication got it. As I thought Jenn has stopped her
    mood stablizer which abouy normal for her. She doesn't want to be like me; but, try as she may ot try as she does, the MD needs to be the one who takes her off them.

After taken my Conlanzapam I woruld have to talk to my NeuroMD about what is going on. My PscheMD has left the practice he was in to work at the hospital every other weekend and as soon as they find an office for him, will then start seeing out patients. He was the MD of record. When I get low on any of it, I will call my own MDs here in Albany to call it in. Since I had my last one, my typing with my hands on the 'home keys have suxed when trying to type I used to do - without having to look at the keys. Much harder than on my desktop with the cupped keys. But I would rather be here with Louis and not stuck in tru to put in my office. There are so many things that I would rather hang on my wall in there and have it appear less cluttered. I want to hang my Daddy's law certificates along with his picture on the wall over my desk. Then I have 5 or 6 sayings that I would like to get frames for them and hang them up on the side wall, with my ribbons from entering art shows; then figure out where to hang some of the other stuff. In the shuffle I am unable to find one of the documents; but, like my Chinese warrior and maybe my ring will show up as well.

[/b]
    Kayla[/b]
    - now you have some Mother(s) confused about where that other sock went when they get ready to put them together. LOL! I know you probably bought several msny psgshrd. socks. That was such a good idea. My Mother made 6 stockings for 'her' grandchildren and and I might decide to make sure each of my grandchildren have one, one of these days. But Louis is in the computer room with a hammer. Wonder what he is doing in there to fill them takes a small at I use to get up in our bed. We will have to measure the walls; but, since I got out of the hospital I sleep in the middle of the bed; I think we could put the queen-sized bed in put bedroom and our king-sized bed in the 2nd bedroom. But the is something I will have to talk to Louis about. He probably would not care. When we decide what to do with the carpeting or putting down hardwood on our kitchen, computer room and tile in the bathroom, and carpeting in the rest of our house, we've got a corner cabinet that would not fit a new TV. Since Will's corner cabinet is just a bottom of something, we might get him to measure it and tell us what size his TV in. If I saw the perfect table we could put ours and move the chairs futher apart and down towards the way they are now. I don't remember what we paid for it; but, could go back to the furniture store and find out what we'd have to pay if we were getting a new one.

Louis needed my hand helping him fix my drawer in my lingerie chest of drawers that fits the wall between the tub and toilet; but that room will be worked on after a few other things are done. That was what he was using the hammer for.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

HAPPY HANUKKAH!

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :-)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :pB)<3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS