WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Tracy, your ornaments are lovely! Enjoy the holiday train!
    KJ, sorry to hear about your MIL, I sure hope your hubby does go to see her, and soon. When my dad was in hospital and the end was near, my older son and I went there for a few hours early afternoon. That night, around 7, I just got the feeling that I should go back up, but talked myself out of it and rationalized saying I would go up first thing in the morning. He passed around 11 pm. I am really trying to follow my instincts now and if I have a strong feeling like that again, I will follow through.
    Lisa, my cats used to try different doors hoping for better weather too! Pretty hard to convince them that it was going to be the same....
    Machka, love the snow and sand men! Your hubby is sure lucky to have you on his side, I can't even begin to imagine just what would be happening to him if he didn't have you as an advocate!
    Karen in VA and all others in the path of the storm, I hope you all keep safe and warm.
    Allie, Mary must be one unhappy woman to have to inflict that much conflict on the workplace. Not fun for anyone else either, to have to put up with her.

Staff Christmas party last night, managed to drag hubby there, he didn't even kick or scream too much. :s Honestly, sometimes it's just easier to leave him at home! We didn't stay late as I'm at work this morning, and worked all day yesterday also. Was supposed to be off at 4, but a couple came in at 3:57 and wanted to rent a storage unit. I was tempted to ask them to come back today, but then I asked myself "What would Donna (our manager) do?" Well, Donna would stay late and rent them the locker, so that's what I did. I still got home in plenty of time to get ready, I really don't need a lot of time, I don't do too much for makeup and was just wearing dress pants and a dressy top, so not a lot of fuss and bother there. And I will get paid for the extra time, so it's not like I'm out anything.
    Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, where it's trying to rain
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm down at the nursing home for the Christmas Party.they put a nice spread on and my DFIL is enjoying the piano player,
    Yes it gives me joy that someone who will really make dads house a home bought it.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    B)<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Pip - I think you run at twice my speed. You go gurl!!!!

Managed to just sneak in at my calorie allowance today, thanks to our afternoon bonus calorie walk. :D Meant I burnt off 840.
    Will try for a run tomorrow, depending on the weather.

I hope to tidy up the room at the top of the house, where my elder son will be sleeping. He works in a warehouse, so I don't want him to feel he's sleeping in one! My wardrobe shoe rack arrived today, so the big box of shoes and boots is emptied. Still have heavy things, like books, to shift, which may be DH's task, and I have to shift beds around. He is too large to sleep on one single, so I will put the two beds together. Hope he doesn't fall through the middle. I will put a fitted sheet across the two to anchor them!
    We will also be making up the king size in the spare front room for my DSIL and her boyfriend who are arriving the day my son leaves. I have already decided we are going out to the real pizza place with them in the evening. Will book it tomorrow. I will make lunch for them and give them orange cake for tea. Must remind them to bring their free bus passes.

Katla - How lovely that you got to see your son. <3 And you have other company. We are so busy at the moment it's a bit overwhelming, but we will be alone from Christmas Eve onwards. Not sure how I feel about that. :*;)

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)Pip and Kirby, congrats on the great run. Thanks for sharing all the fun pictures. You two look awesome.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well I had a post all set and poof it went after the dog jumped on top of me..
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    9jrbuci8una5.jpg

Boop!
    💗Rebecca
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Pip and Kirby great pictures and run.

Barbie you are amazing. Love the picture of you and your substitute dance teacher.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Body by Bethanny DVD today. It’s snowing, Hickory will be shut down for at least 3 days (ok, you gals in Canada can stop laughing now), so the plan for tomorrow is to do the last segment of the 10MS Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank, then do Patrick Godeau’s Lean Hot Body DVD.

Got up this morning, exercised, then looked out the dining room window. One of the inflatables that we have to leave running 24/7 was down but I could still see a light, so I thought that maybe it was just the weight of the snow that’s causing it to be down. So I went out and brushed the snow off and, sure enough, that is why it was down. It’s supposed to snow until around 6. Vince just said that we only need to be concerned about the snow not getting too deep where the X10 controllers are (not like I totally understand, but that’s OK)

Karen in VA – you know one of the things that surprised us about TSO is that they aren’t real real loud. One time we went to see them and we were sitting right in front of the speakers. We thought surely we’d be lambasted. But we were pleasantly surprised that when we left we could still hear. But, yes, sensory overload. You have no idea how many times Vince has commented that he wishes we’d brought out snowblower down here. He didn’t think we’d need the shovels, at least I got him to bring down that much. Now he’s grateful. The snow is very wet – good snowball fight snow. The kids are out riding their ATV’s. Not throwing snowballs. Not making snowmen.

M – Ken, who went with us, commented that what the violinist played was pretty basic. Ken just started violin lessons. But with the violinist running around so much, it would be hard for him to play something real intricate. However, the violinists in the string section (the one that they get at every city) was working real hard.

Lisa – I’m sure that when the database for the original website was set up, the guy did an excellent job. His career was web building. You should see some of the things that can be done! Now this “new directory” is a nightmare! We do the same thing with Shadow and our cats, as long as one of us is home, Shadow can come out of the bedroom on her own terms. There have been staring contests and, yes, some growling. If it’s only growling, we let them alone. We only interfere if there’s the chance that one of them can get hurt. That’s happened. She needs to learn that our cats aren’t going anywhere and our cats need to come to the realization that she’s not going anywhere. Thanks for the directions on how to make a spoiler. I’ve printed them out. Now don’t ask me to explain this. When we go out, Vince doesn’t like to leave the dryer running (understandable) or the oven on (even on low). Yet, he doesn’t seem to mind if I run the dishwasher while we’re gone. Huh????

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Forgot this part:

Oh, its starting…Vince has the weather channel on and he’s in the office. That means that I’ll have to listen to it all the time. To me, what’s on the ground is on the ground. Watching the weather channel isn’t going to change anything.

Just found out that TSO cancelled their show in Greensboro.

Lenora – oh goodness, you sure have had your hands full with Louis. I hope the doc finds the root cause of your blackouts. That must be so scary

Michele in NC