WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Getting things ready for our trip up to Son’s house for Christmas. Today is an easy day so we may go to a movie.
    Happy Birthday Karen. Hope you have a great day
    Margaret- I find that I am not doing as much in the cooking area. Will make peanut brittle today because my son loves it. Gave you ever had jalapeño peanut brittle? It is really good.
    Be back later.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
    zapux4cv1sw8.jpg

the original 3 amigos
  • pipcd34
    Options
    had to drive today, got an appointment. i forgot to take my headphones, it's MURDER not working out w/my music :0/

we are not getting a christmas bonus at work this year. oh well, it's not a requirement, just a perk. great if you do but it shouldn't be expected, and i don't.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Cat Welcome!

KarenUK Happy Birthday!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Karen UK! :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,816 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    had to drive today, got an appointment. i forgot to take my headphones, it's MURDER not working out w/my music :0/

we are not getting a christmas bonus at work this year. oh well, it's not a requirement, just a perk. great if you do but it shouldn't be expected, and i don't.

My Dad worked for a man that hosted a huge Christmas party for all of his staff every year, dinner, dance and open bar. He also bought turkeys and gave out Christmas bonuses. One year after the party the boss overheard one man complain that a 200 bonus was not enough. The bids quit doing at all after that. It was sad that the one ruined it for all.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is busy getting ready for Christmas. Time is just flying by. I work everyday until Dec 28th. Part of working in a hospital. Christmas eve we plan to go to ODS and spend the evening with them. Then Christmas day when I get off we will go over to YDS and celebrate with them. Since the kids are older we can not get them to get along and we don't try. I have a couple gifts left to pickup and will do that when I get off this afternoon.
    Weather here is in the high 40 maybe 51 today and tomorrow. But sounds like we could get some rain and snow Christmas eve.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Bright Yule to you all!

"Yule is observed on the day of the Winter Solstice. Also known as Jul, Yule predates the Christmas holiday by thousands of years. There is some debate as to the origin of the word Yule. Some linguists suggest the word is derived from “Iul”, the Anglo-Saxon word for wheel. This makes a connection to a Celtic calendar, the Wheel of the Year."

-Yvonne in TX

This makes me think of my dad. He had a Christmas sweatshirt he wore every year that was a picture of Snoopy with the words "Have a Cool Yule."

4zu7tmudrhjq.jpg

So, please everyone, have a cool yule!! <3

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• OregonMother
    Options
    KarenUK56 wrote: »

I am going away for a week on the 27th to my favourite little fishing village on the South West tip of Cornwall. My friend is coming too, we have booked a little apartment overlooking the sea!

Love from Karen UK

Jealous! I am a big fan of Poldark, and one reason is for Cornwall. I hope to visit one day. I love the coast line.

Enjoy!

Felicia

• OregonMother
    Options
    Hello all. I'm still a little grumpy. Hubby called me out on it last night, and I kind of let him have it. He was pouty. Nothing will change, but I oddly feel better.

I have bought nothing for him for Christmas yet. And I am really stressing over it. He doesn't need anything -- he buys anything he fancies -- so whatever I get him will be something he doesn't want because if he had wanted it, he would have already bought it. Sigh. And he doesn't get it at all. "I don't understand why people think I'm so difficult to buy for." We have all given up. But I do need to find something.

Everyone else is purchased for.

Is Christmas over yet?

Felicia, maybe more than a little grumpy still
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Karen UK. :drinker:
    My son's family is house swapping with a house in Cornwall from Boxing Day onwards. It is really near the beach. I adore Cornwall and we have friends there we house swap with. :D St Agnes. Also stay in a friend's chapel near Bodmin. It's even better out of season.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pppp
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    Home , and sitting and relaxing.. will go see the movie tonight, and maybe enjoy a small cocktail... I can't really relax until after work tomorrow then 3 days off
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lisa your smile in those pics say it all. Enjoy your time off, have fun moving things around in your new place.

Beth. Visiting when it’s safe to travel is more important than celebrating on a specific date. Seems like your brother isn’t thinking about others IMO ((<3 <3))

Phew I am officially done teaching jingle bells for another year, aaahhhh joy.

Kelly checking in, hope all is well.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Tonight’s ornament

dsm4ct5wzaa0.jpeg