Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Calorie deniers

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    I notice that it is always about CI vs CO and the law of thermodynamics however the way that insulin regulates fat storage and the ability to access that fat is never invited to the party.

Inviting the insulin theory of obesity to an evidence-based party is like labeling Disney princess movies as non-fiction. Fung gets the pity invite, at best.

Party? I feel am just waiting for Fung to be labeled the turd in the punch bowl.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I notice that it is always about CI vs CO and the law of thermodynamics however the way that insulin regulates fat storage and the ability to access that fat is never invited to the party.

Inviting the insulin theory of obesity to an evidence-based party is like labeling Disney princess movies as non-fiction. Fung gets the pity invite, at best.

Party? I feel am just waiting for Fung to be labeled the turd in the punch bowl.

I wasn't going to say it...
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    For all the people on here who think we lay people have a bias against Fung, you ain't seen nothing! He was toasted by people who actually do know what they're talking about.

Toasted or roasted? Toasted sounds positive to me.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    For all the people on here who think we lay people have a bias against Fung, you ain't seen nothing! He was toasted by people who actually do know what they're talking about.

Typo. Roasted.
  • learners0permit
    learners0permit Posts: 6 Member
    I think calorie counting is another form of dieting. It may work short term, but research doesn’t show it to be sustainable for long term weight loss.

How so? Lots of long term successful people here on MFP.

I’m more speaking of what research shows. I’m not sure the statistics of how many people keep off the weight for 5+ years just on this app.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Substitute imagery: Marshmallow on a stick, over flames. Pretty close to what happened on FB, IIRC. ;)

I was seeing this type of toasting. :drinker: