Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’ve been on MFP before and it really worked for me, was 186lbs (2013) and dropped to 125lbs by August 2014 maintained it till early 2016 (motivated by my fiancé) and then I started to lose my focus, my motivation and everything due to suffering a traumatic assault by an ex. By August 2017 my weight went up to 140lbs and then By October 2018 it fluctuated around 145-150lbs (this was when I won my court case). Now I’ve seem to be set at 145lbs, but I’m in a much better place and happy and safe with my husband, I’m looking to become healthier, have more energy and feel more confident again. My happy me goal is 125lbs-130lbs! Wish me luck!

Good Luck, hun!!❤
  • rhi_eaton
    rhi_eaton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new, came from weight watchers as I wasn't losing enough weight or enjoying the point counting, this time I can each what I want within my caloric requirements to lose! Fingers crossed for me :) follow me on IG too @mfp_rhihall
  • gferhandi
    gferhandi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there im here to hopefully be able to take the next step in fitness and try to get lean by trying to track my nutrients and food intake. I've had a quite succesful weight loss but i want to take it to the next level. Best of luck to you guys as well!
  • AngeliqueBundy
    AngeliqueBundy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    aopo84 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! This is my first day using the fitness pro app. I am 54 year old female who has fought the battle of the bulge my whole life. I had lost 148 pounds 4 years ago and have gained 60 back. So disappointed in myself and scared that I will continue to gain. Need to get motivated and looking for any help I can get.

Hi and welcome! I totally know what it’s like to lose a lot, then start gaining again. So many people do. It’s so hard. I’m sure we all wish that everything that tastes good would be good for us, but since that’s not the case, we have to have support for the ups and downs.
  • alexaltair
    alexaltair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello... :)
  • kewlbleu
    kewlbleu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo folks getting back into the habit. Gonna take things much slower this time around. Instead of losing 50 to 100lbs in 6 months I think I'll take a couple of years. I've lost 30lbs since June of last year and it's much easier to maintain this way. Hoping to be under 200lb as a Christmas gift to myself =) wish me luck.
    Hoping to add yoga and cardio to my routine. Just miss stamina and flexibility. Best wishes to everyone in your endeavors!!
  • ja7272
    ja7272 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just joined and i have set myself a goal of losing half a stone in 4 weeks before i go to scotland on a walking holiday, here goes and good luck to everyone
  • keljd1801
    keljd1801 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just downloaded the app and i'm motivated! any tips for a newbie?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP newcomers....Wishing everyone great success on their journeys...Feel free to add me if you would like a cheerleader while on your journey :)
  • lindan70
    lindan70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I've used the app in the past, I've never joined the community. I'm stuck on a plateau and am hoping to find support!
  • Inkuchii
    Inkuchii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello i am new to this, tried to start with site and app a long time a go yet i couldnt but now i am ready to start over
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi, new at this again but determined. I have lots and lots to loose. Could use some buddies in the same boat. I'm at 340+ lbs right now. Don't really have a goal weight yet because I'm not thinking I want to weigh a certain amount, but for now short term I want to get under 300lbs for my BIG 50th bday in Sept. It's doable because I have so much weight to lose. I just want to be healthy, I have bad ankle can't do much cardio but I started looking at videos I can do at home.
  • risa628
    risa628 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the forums but I've used the app for everything else for a couple of years. I'm looking for support and support others on their journey. :)
  • ehallberg2019
    ehallberg2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm not new to weight loss or maintenance, but I have gained back 15 pounds over the last year and a half, and I'm unhappy with myself. I'm getting married this November, and I REALLY need to get myself back in check to lose the fluff and then some! I'll take all the accountability and motivation I can get to keep me focused on looking and feeling my best for the big day!
  • annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello! Glad to be here. As a caregiver, I’ve found it hard to give myself the attention I need to be healthy. Recently, I joined a wellness program at the same facility my husband receives his rehab. Now, I can exercise while he is in therapy. It’s only been a few weeks, but I’m feeling better already. Working on the nutrition, as well. I look forward to meeting other likeminded members. 🙂
  • jodegabe1
    jodegabe1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am doing "not another round why did my weight get away from me" cycle. This time have some friendly support from a sister in the same boat. Have decided to do small goals 10# at a time to make it less daunting.

Also have struggled with healthy living apps that haven't worked for me (food log is a key to success for me). This week on a mission to find the best app for me. So far....MFP is the third app I've tried for healthy living this week. Spending a couple of days with each to see which ones I like re: logging meals, exercise and motivating elements.

So far, MFP is the best for me. Do a lot of cooking from scratch and love that I can download recipes off the internet. Otherwise inputting gets tedious. Still working on the exercise log. Got tripped up on the cardio vs strength re: stretching. But will adjust because the food log is so user friendly.

Though there are a few others on my list, feeling more at home with MFP in only 3 days. So might end my search here.
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Second time here. Lost 100 lbs the first time but gained about half of it back after my cancer surgery. Hoping to get back on track.
  • doingthisforme16
    doingthisforme16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a 55 year old man and getting started on MFP. I used the app a few years back and had some success, but dropped off and re-gained. Now working to lose 50 pounds by year-end.

Hope to add a few friends so I can be motivated by your success.

Getting older + obesity = a number of predictable health related risks. Time to take some action now before I end up with the knees and the back and the hip problems I see in others my age who are also carrying around too much weight.
  • alexador1022
    alexador1022 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new! Today I am starting to attempt to get control of my weight. I’m a little nervous because Ive had many fail attempts . I am a mother of 6 boys, and a wife of a man that eats more junk food and sweets than anyone I know! I’m scared 😱 lol. Just hope to make some friends that are going through what I am to help get support from. Thanks
  • jchurchill08
    jchurchill08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi community,
    After using another weight management program for years, I decided to come back to MFP with a slight twist. I took the 1 month premium offer and am using it in conjunction with a paper journal, focusing on macronutrients and calories instead of points (oops!). My daughter is getting married in October and I bought my dress a while ago. No longer fits so it’s time to do something. I’ve tried this 2 pronged approach before and it worked. I need to stick with it and make it work again.