30 Day Shred motivation!

Options

Replies

• dianabee1985
    dianabee1985 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    L1 D1 here!!!! New mommy with lots to lose!!!
  • awenasangster
    awenasangster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just did my Day 4! Should have been Day 5 but I did like 3 hours of walking yesterday and didn't want to end myself.

Definite improvement in endurance already, still kills me but I don't feel like I'm going to drop dead 10 minutes in anymore haha.
  • verasasha
    Options
    I did day 6 today and have also been going for walks in addition to 30DS (I personally think the 30DS warm up is a bit short, so i like to go for a walk to warm up) :) I feel really good, i'm actually not that sore today! The soreness was worst the 2nd to 4th day, so hang in there if you feel like giving up during those days! I can't wait to start level 2 in 4-5 days :)
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Verasasha, I find the warm up length ok but I generally have been moving before I do the video. However I have learned to modify both warm up and coold down to stop my quads getting so tight. For level 1 I make sure I also do some high knee running in place of the first set of jumping jacks and I do a sort of bulgarian style squat thing to stretch my quads afterwards.

I have been doing this alongside strong lifts 5x5 so I have been really hammering the squats with this to get as deep as possible and really work on my form. So much so I split my pants tonight!
  • dianabee1985
    Options
    Day 2 here and I actually managed to do a little bit more than I expected, even with the soreness!
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I finished day 10 today :) It's DEFINITELY worth it :)
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 5 and feeling so much better than after day 2! It's actually been 6 days since I started ... Did an hour long bootcamp session on Thursday and nearly had a cardiac arrest so thought that was enough for the day! I'm still using tins of beans as I've not bought hand weights yet ... Really need to do that ASAP!

I'm loving 30DS so far, even though I think Jillian is Satan now and again :p well done to everyone that's doing it and especially those of you on levels 2 and 3 ... I've got all that to look forward to lol
  • christine34
    Options
    ...I'm scared to look at Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Haha!
    I'm currently on day 6 level 2 of ripped in 30! Honestly, it's not too bad after doing 30DS. Level 1 is do-able, level 2 a bit more challenging, but ok! I've read level 3 is a bit of a nightmare but I'll tell you for sure on Monday! Shred certainly prepares you for Ripped, so don't be scared ???? I liked Ripped due to 4 levels, 7 days rather than 10 at each one so variety wins! Good luck everyone and happy Shredding! X
  • meylinh
    meylinh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been doing the 30 days shred for a week and still haven't lost any weight. I didnt take my measurements at the beginning. Has anybody encountered this issue? If so, what have you done? Should I also go to the gym? I have been eating healthy and counting my calories btw. Thanks!
  • shannospanno
    Options
    By day 7 I could feel the muscles in my legs and arms getting firmer but had a slight weight gain :grumble: and no real loss in measurements so I've started doing Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workout to get more cardio in as well. Have done that for a few days, now I'll get back into 30DS and see if that helps. I've noticed I have quite a bit more endurance and no longer feeling pain after doing these workouts!
  • meylinh
    Options
    Thank you! It's true I also feel stronger and with more resistance. I guess I'll also do more cardio thanks for sharing
  • emmalhov
    Options
    Day 9 complete. Very bad pain in knees now. Absolutely gutted and frustrated, it looks like I will have to give up altogether and just hope I haven't done permanent damage. Such a shame as I was really motivated and enjoying the workouts. If anyone feels pain in their knees please don't make my mistake of trying to push through it. It got worse and I can barely walk today.
  • dianabee1985
    Options
    I had awful pain yesterday, I couldn't walk! So I gave Sunday a rest and since I was feeling a lot better today I went for it! 3rd day today!
  • suse71
    suse71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS early on in the thread - have just completed Level 2 20 days in. Looking forward to moving on to Level 3! Haven't done measurements for a while but will post if any good!
  • HollyRobertz
    HollyRobertz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    2w72v04.jpg

Pardon the stupid face, but this was after level one. I feel like I have been on level 2 forever, things have been so busy. Back at it tomorrow on Day 16!
  • meylinh
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great :) you have inspired me to keep on going! How many pounds have you lost?
  • verasasha
    Options
    Day 9 complete. Very bad pain in knees now. Absolutely gutted and frustrated, it looks like I will have to give up altogether and just hope I haven't done permanent damage. Such a shame as I was really motivated and enjoying the workouts. If anyone feels pain in their knees please don't make my mistake of trying to push through it. It got worse and I can barely walk today.

If your knees hurt, you may not be doing the lunge and squat excercises right.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C54CoEldDcM
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/know-your-basics-how-do-lunge
    Make sure you keep your back straight and NEVER let your knee go past your toes! During a lunge, both legs should be at a 90 degrees angle.
    During a side lunge, your knees should also never go over your toes and ideally your bent leg should be at a 90 degrees angle. Never bend the straight leg during a side lunge, and remember to keep your back straight.
    Practice these moves slowly until you get them right before starting 30DS!!

Also, make sure your knees are slightly bent during the cardio excercises, especially jumping jacks. And last but definitely not least, warm up properly! I find the warm up way too short, so i have started going for a 20 minute brisk walk to warm up. I get some nice, fresh air, extra excercise and i feel much better during and after 30DS!
  • elephant_in_the_room
    Options
    After a few months of it, I now do the 30Day shred as relaxation when I don't feel like anything more.
  • jcs0530
    jcs0530 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 5. Nothing noticable yet. A little sore in the chest from the push-ups. Scissor crunches kicking my butt. Going to try and move to level 2 this weekend. Still squeezing in a run and/or ellipticle bike each day as well.
  • emmalhov
    Options

If your knees hurt, you may not be doing the lunge and squat excercises right.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C54CoEldDcM
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/know-your-basics-how-do-lunge
    Make sure you keep your back straight and NEVER let your knee go past your toes! During a lunge, both legs should be at a 90 degrees angle.
    During a side lunge, your knees should also never go over your toes and ideally your bent leg should be at a 90 degrees angle. Never bend the straight leg during a side lunge, and remember to keep your back straight.
    Practice these moves slowly until you get them right before starting 30DS!!

Also, make sure your knees are slightly bent during the cardio excercises, especially jumping jacks. And last but definitely not least, warm up properly! I find the warm up way too short, so i have started going for a 20 minute brisk walk to warm up. I get some nice, fresh air, extra excercise and i feel much better during and after 30DS!
    Thank you. I had thought I was doing them right, I'm not new to these sorts of exercises and was very careful. I think it's the cardio that's injured me, made the bad mistake of doing the first few days in bare feet on a hard floor. Stupid.