January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Running shoes: I was noticing that I am close to the 300 mile mark on my current shoes, Brooks GTS 18. Therefore, coming up time for new ones.

Here is my question: Since the last time I went to the run shop to be fitted, I came out with the newer model of the ones I was already in. Should I just assume that they will be "The Ones" and go for the 19's & order them on-line (using the size I'm in now) ....or....since the 18's are still available, I'm fine in them, AND they are much cheaper, get a pair of the 18's (in another color), and consider myself thrifty? lol

@dreamer12151 I work at a running store, and for the Adrenaline 18 --> 19, I'd try them on before buying blindly online. It was a pretty significant update (added guide rails, made it lighter by using less foam reinforcement in the stability tech) and you may not like it as much as the 18s. Also if you can get an old Adrenaline 18 (still possible since update only happened a couple months ago!), you may want to do that as well.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes I love it, I also love the name of the book :) Or is that the name of the chapter. Either way, awesome.

It is the name of the book!

The Holy *kitten* Moment: How Lasting Change Can Happen in an Instant https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1250186315/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_SxjuCbEFJ89D5
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I got fitted for my new Brooks after running 14 miles. They are the same basic type, stability shoe, with a few minor changes as different brands. I didn't really notice a difference, but as you'll be running harder YMMV.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Azercord thanks! I'll add the renegade rows to my training. I only have round dumbbells (not hexagonal like I saw in the tutorials I found), let's see if that makes it more interesting ^^

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Azercord thanks! I'll add the renegade rows to my training. I only have round dumbbells (not hexagonal like I saw in the tutorials I found), let's see if that makes it more interesting ^^
    It definitely does! Mine are round and stabilizing them is a challenge.

The guy I saw in the video using round ones was holding them at about a 45 degree angle so they were more stable, but my wrists don't like that angle, so I get an extra chest workout from keeping them rolling sideways.