January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless YAY! AWESOME completing a marathon in those hot and humid conditions! You are a beast!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all. Its Monday today and a public holiday here which means no work! I slept in a bit, strapped on my shoes and immediately noticed pain in the outside of my rt ankle. I continued my warm up and started my run, but half a km in the pain was just getting worse. So I stopped. Walked home with a slight limp and googled. Looks like peroneal ligament? I know someone else gets this. What's the solution? New shoes (that's usually the answer haha). I've massaged it which seems to have helped and will rest it today. Could it be from a lot of barefoot walking? I have relatively flat feet.

@Avidkeo Hugs!

I have flat feet and wear custom orthotics with neutral shoes when running.

At the start of this summer, after I started wearing thongs (shut up USAians I mean flip-flops :smiley: ), my foot/ankle hurt for a couple of weeks. I wear Birkenstock thongs which have support, but it's not my usual orthotic shape. My foot/ankle improved as summer has progressed but it still twinges a bit though it managed 30 km yesterday without it complaining.

Just a thought that yours might be due to something similar.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    Oh wow... I should not let myself get that behind on this thread. You would think that 35 days of furlough would mean I would stay totally caught up. But apparently I had even lazier plans than reading stuff on the internet.

Yes, the deadlift socks ARE neon pink... with unicorns ..... AND NARWHALS!!! .... And they are amazing.
    That’s so many levels of badass!