JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 64

Options

Replies

• FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Back again for another round! I gotta quit slacking though. I had a really great first round and a couple disappointing rounds since then. I'd LOVE to lose anything over 2lbs. Even 2.1 would be exciting.

SW: 169.0
    01/03: 170.0- I cannot wait to be reunited with the gym :s
    01/04: 169.4- I'm attempting an outdoor run today since it's not a frozen wasteland. Let's hope I don't die!
    01/05: 168.6- I mean, I guess this is ok.

@eatingfoodles I'm glad to see you survived yesterday's run!
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 Your sprouted almond recommendation sounded interesting, and I looked it. Do you have a source for raw, unpasteurized, sproutable almonds that aren't too expensive. I found almonds online, but I don't want them bad enough to pay over a dollar per ounce. I bought California almonds today, before I read that the FDA requires all U.S. grown almonds to be pasteurized, which prevents sprouting. I still plan to soak the California almonds I purchased then dehydrate them for snacking. I hope that still provides enhanced health benefits, and they may be easier for my husband to eat that way.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 Your sprouted almond recommendation sounded interesting, and I looked it. Do you have a source for raw, unpasteurized, sproutable almonds that aren't too expensive. I found almonds online, but I don't want them bad enough to pay over a dollar per ounce. I bought California almonds today, before I read that the FDA requires all U.S. grown almonds to be pasteurized, which prevents sprouting. I still plan to soak the California almonds I purchased then dehydrate them for snacking. I hope that still provides enhanced health benefits, and they may be easier for my husband to eat that way.

@FarmerCarla, I don't think raw almonds are available in the U.S. What is marketed and purchased as raw is pasteurized. That did not deter me from soaking my almonds though. I enjoy them better soaked and I have had some sprout to my surprise.