JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Correct quotation marks assignment. Plot terms. Character comparison. Begin reading "The Fan Club."
    4.Class 2-3: Correct quotation marks assignment. Plot terms. Finish reading "Initiation." 3rd block gets candy; check list.
    5. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades. D - Grade 10 summer essays.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW. Pack the checkbook.
    7. Rehearsal. Can Duane put the login numbers into my roster?
    8. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:10.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Continue bartending course. Check w/ dad about getting bikes to shop next week (?)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Hey everyone! I've been gone for awhile because school has been absolutely kicking my butt.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 12 August

Log accurately ;) I've had 2 meals out today so it's guess work
    Stay in the green :) I think I made good choices and if my guesses are correct then I am in the green
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :) just
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)

I took my parents out for the day to a wildlife park. They have an enclosure you can go into and be in with the ring tailed lemurs. The lemurs come right up to you and it was lovely to see them so close. You are not allowed to touch them but they can touch you.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    checking in
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - I hope you heal fast and quick and Dr. google is wrong.

@HEGoddard0928 - you sound so happy today.

@PackerFanInGB - I am concentrating on logging only this month too. Although I’m doing that I am still subconsciously thinking of my 1200 calorie limit.

@nlmackey98 - I think shutting off last week was a brilliant decision! Sometimes we all need that. As for the struggle, join the club. It’s so hard to get back on track, I truly believe though that this group helps get me back faster than I would be on my own. One thing I did when I was feeling like you was I forced myself to get dressed and look nice even on the days I really didn’t want to. Love you, you’ve got this.

@TerriRichardson112 - was love how neat and tidy your posts look. Great job on the one pound!

@clicketykeys - I was thinking about you. Too bad you couldn’t ease into the school year.

@ZizzyBumble - that sounds like a wonderful day, did your parents enjoy it?

@Bex953172 - I didn’t graduate, but I don’t think I would go either. The friends I truly liked I’m still friends with.

@cory17 - Hi!!!!!!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 183.6
    The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in JFT

JFT - Monday Aug 12
    2L of water - 🙂🙂🙂
    Log all food - 🙂🙂
    Gratitude journal - 🙂🙂

JFT - Tuesday Aug 13
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude journal

I had a busy day at work and will have another busy day tomorrow. I am moving filing cabinets tomorrow so it will be active at least.

I don’t know where the time is going. In one month it’s Jonah’s and my birthday. I feel I’ve just skated along and done nothing spectacular for my weight loss this whole past year. It was last August that the smoke made it so and I couldn’t walk and I’ve had only a few walks since.

Didn’t eat the best today and still went to get a snack tonight. I didn’t have anything in the house I wanted so just had a few chunks of watermelon. Maybe that’s the secret don’t buy it to begin with and then I can’t have it.

Have a great day tomorrow!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 13 August

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Seem to be on the mend this morning. Slightly modified but I managed my full workout this morning. Today the kids are out with a friend at the cinema and for lunch and I am helping out the bf by taking his car to the garage while he is at work. Yesterday was a bit of a rubbish day but I did get some good decluttering done - slow but steady progress!

Monday goals recap:
    - rest day ✅😕
    - builder visit 9-10am ✅
    - walk/jog with kids - books haircuts, buy pet food, arrange gym inductions ✅ ❎ yes, yes and no!
    - put away laundry ❎ still damp!
    - downstairs reorganisation/clearout ✅
    - make meal plan for parents’ anniversary lunch✅
    - online grocery shop❎
    - bed by 10❎

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - leave by 10 ✅
    - car appointment 11:50 ✅
    - online grocery shop
    - put away laundry
    - shoe and book clearout
    - lay out running kit
    - bed by 10

Catch up with you all later x
  • nkratcha
    nkratcha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Each Day Is A Chance For
    BETTER! 💪 👌

This!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I can not even pretend I'm able to catch up on everything at this point so it's just a fresh start! Hello! I have totally fallen off the wagon on vacation, gained almost 6 lbs in 10 days (basically two months worth of hard work down the drain) however, I know that I can lose it again and the experiences and food were worth it. The hardest part will be getting back to exercise, starting today.

JFT 8/13:

30 minutes exercise-easy does it
    Eat within calories
    Homecooked everything
    Lots of water, no alcohol

Planning on taking it easy, catching up on laundry and work today, and easing my way back in. Not happy about the weight gain but I'm not going to let it derail me.

Hope everyone is well, I'll try to catch up!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Recap M 8/12 ~ Rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,490 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 25 floors :smile: ok for rest day
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / no snack after supper / net calories < 100 red / 14c water = *sigh* Just felt hungry after supper, snacked on kohlrabi, then found baked chips in cupboard & couldn't stop. Net cals -500 :s , sodium -760 :s , sugar -25 (mostly fruits & veggies), fiber & protein good, 14c water
    3) Progress on GA-C/V = :smile:
    4) Evening to-do's = :smile:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smile: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog T before work) :smile: / bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral:

JFT T 8/13
    1) Walked dog before work 3.63 mi 1:05:12 (forgot to stretch) = happy dog & happy me :smiley: I'll be happier once humidity drops
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Dentist appt. after lunch
    5) GA-C/V progress & be ready to start observations on Thurs.
    6) Evening to-dos / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog W a.m.) / bed & tv off 10:20
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 WOW! 3lbs down. Excellent!
    @nlmackey98 It’s good to get things out in the open. Sometimes we can be so hard on ourselves. (Why do we beat ourselves up when we have a less that ‘perfect’ day?)
    I am training myself to start every day with a clean slate. No guilt, no recriminations. Just a new opportunity to be the best I can. Try it! Just for today! One day at a time.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    @Faebert Glad you are on the mend. You just aren't you if you can't exercise.

@aubyshortcake You have been incredibly busy. Glad you are posting goals again.

@vilenski193 Welcome!

@maryrobinson40 "Each day is a chance for better" I truly needed this reminder. Thank you!

@HEGoddard0928 So glad Matt is feeling better and able to return to work.

@PackerFanInGB In times of chaos and turmoil it is hard not to try to take control of or take responsibility for the situation. Some of us are "Fixers" through and through, especially when our loved ones are involved. Unfortunately, we have no control of others, and no matter how much we try, we can't fix things. People always seem to tell me to "Give it to God", well when I'm angry and stressed I find that very difficult to do. In my heart I know He is there for me and that the battle is already won, but my mind is worldly and just can't figure out how He can let these bad things happen. Doubt and pain are tools of Satan, and he is skilled in their use. He will try to take God's comfort from you. He can cause you to question God's goodness or blame Him for letting the bad things happen. Listen to your heart and stay strong in the faith. Pray that God will but your mind to rest. Pray that He will comfort those in turmoil and that they will realize that He is there if only they ask Him into their lives. These burdens may be too big for you, but nothing is too big for God. I do not know God's plan, but I do not believe that the negative things in life are His desire. I do believe that He can bring good things from bad situations. My hope for you is that your faith stay strong through these many trials, and that you will recognize His presence and power through it all. May God bless you beyond measure. You are in my prayers.

@Snowflake1968 Here is to getting back on track!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Daily Choice

The trials of each day
    We meet in our own way!
    It all depends on how
    we view the here and now.

If beauty’s what we seek,
    our vision is unique,
    and beauty in each eye
    will, ultimately, spy.

Thus, let us make that choice
    to raise a happy voice
    as we positively quest
    for good, or better, best!

(C) 2019 Terri Richardson
    71e7qgdrhm45.jpeg

5tc5mjr6ogwc.jpeg
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today (Monday):
    1. Journal every bite, good & bad :#
    2. WATER, 68+ oz :)
    3. Activity: Hit my FitBit steps goal :#
    4. Self-Care: Find 30 minutes of quiet time alone :)
    5. Think before I speak. Be kind even when I'm feeling impatient inside. :)

Hi everyone. Did a lousy job yesterday, not because I made bad food choices, because I actually ate healthy, but I just forgot to go in and journal, and I didn't get my steps in because when I got home the neuropathy in my feet was acting up so I didn't take Maddie out like I planned. But it's all good. I'm not kicking myself for it. It's a new day and I will just try again for today! Baby steps to build back up to where I left off on here. :)

I'm running home at noon to see if I can talk my husband into driving me to Indiana to see my stepdad and mom. I need to hug him and let him know how much he has meant to me. I think that would help me emotionally to get some sort of closure.

Today, though, I am happy to have another day on this beautiful planet! I am grateful I have a great job. I am grateful for my health and ability to walk and see and hear. I am approaching today with an attitude of gratitude.

Just for Today/Tuesday:
    1. Journal every single bite
    2. WATER: 68+ oz
    3. Activity: Hit my FitBit Goal steps
    4. Self-Care: Take 30 minutes (even just 15 minutes at a time) to rejuvenate and reflect
    5. Be kind and look for the positives in every situation
    6. Bedtime early: Gratitude journal, inspirational readings, Calm app and read.
    7. Set alarm and get up tomorrow without hitting snooze!!!!

My 2019 WOY is Tenacity: Tenacity is the quality displayed by someone who just won't quit — who keeps trying until they reach their goal.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 i found it hard buying bigger clothes too, and when i did i was pretty miserable about it. But omg i found this dress and it fitted me amazingly and i felt and looked amazing!
    So i was very much suprised that i can still look good at this size!
    So dont let it get you down and stick to that brilliant plan!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 13 August

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :) [/quote

I stayed with my parents last night as we were back late and they were too tired to unload the mobility scooter. Slow start this morning while I showed my mum how to use her iPad to save and upload photos. She's not well (cancer) but had a lovely day yesterday and wanted to share photos with friends. We are now planning days out for Thursday and the weekend before I return to Skye. The days out mean more meals out than I usually do so I'm planning to be careful in between. At the moment, their enjoyment should be more important than counting the calories.

My thoughts are with all of you who are dealing with family ill health; I appreciate we all have different experiences but it is hard to know the people we love are not well. My mum expects a "can do approach" and I do try but it can be hard.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @nimackey98. I am pleased that you are feeling more positive today. I read your post yesterday and wanted to say something supportive but could not think of the right words so gave up (sorry). I was thinking that you know that you have your husband's support and that prehaps you were being too hard on yourself? Tomorrow is a new day, have faith in yourself and enjoy your family. You have a plan and you can do it.

Same! I was going to reply to you @nlmackey98 because I know that feeling all too well but I do think we are too hard on ourselves, but then I went on to read more (I was catching up from last two days) and saw you were feeling better and was so happy to see it!