JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 and @PackerFanInGB

Sending you both hugs; it sounds as if you are both having a really tough time.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thursday 8 August

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge - drink water, it really helps! :)
    Feb challenge :) dinner was so late there was no evening left!
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge - log water! :) 2 days of logging and drinking enough is a big improvement.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. I would have my flags raised too. I haven’t been in this job very long but have already learned that the elderly and sick can be taken advantage of terribly.

@PackerFanInGB - I hope your day turned around. I’m sorry to hear about your stepdad. It is so hard not being close. I am a day away and about 1000 flight.

@cschmitz110515 - we have had a lot of storms this year too. I had to water my garden for only the third time this summer so far last night because of rain.

I’ll do my check in later. I just wanted to take a few minutes to comment
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Lol i dont know why but since i posted the challenge, i had that one good day then binged the last 3!
    I think i was just feeling low, or hormonal? So not sure if TOM is coming.
    But yesterday it did say i lost 2lbs? May have been an innacurate reading so im not using that right now.

Today i just want to focus on what im eating, and to close the kitchen at 8.30pm.

Hey - you are off to a good start! 2# - great loss!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @mytime6630 I’m so sorry. I’ve also been binge eating. Stepdad is fading fast and I’m 8 hours away so feel helpless. Thanks for the reminder that eating crap won’t help him him or my mom! Love you, beautiful lady. ♥️

I am so sorry your stepdad is not doing so well. You have had a hard year also ... hugs, prayers to you dear friend.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    [quote="TerriRichardson1
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 166.9 - 0.5
    ==============================

[/list] [/quote]

Great loss Terri! I see you crochet ... I bought some yarn and all the hooks I need to try and learn, but just have not had the time. I love to sew, but I want to find things I can do when I am too tired to sit at my sewing machine (which lately in the evenings I am so tired... thats when I eat!) Crocheting would be a good thing to learn to keep my hands busy.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I had a much better day... talked to my brother. I think he also does not want to stay with his ex and her boyfriend, but he did not think the hospital would help him find a place. So hoping they will have a social worker or someone to help him find a alternative place to stay.
    Then, his ex calls me,and says my brother does not want to make a will saying "do not resusititate". She wants ME to help her be a proxy so she can sign in his name! WTH!!!! My brother seems very coherent from the 2x I talked to him. I wrote her and said that right now, my brother does not want a Living will ... he told her he wants to live. Now my fears are really there. If you met this crazy lady you would all understand! When my own mother was dying, she kept coming out getting more money from my mother.. and going out drinking and partying. My mother flew them into town - paid for their hotel and airfare, and all they did was act like it was a party. Once the little money that my brother inherited was gone, so was she .. until now.

anyhow, instead of eating today, I turned my worry into doing things. I power washed our siding! It kept me busy all day,and tonite I was so tired. We ordered pizza, and I did have 3 pieces, but I had not eaten much all day, so I think I am OK. Tonite, I got out my sewing machine .. something I have not done in almost 4 months. Feels good to be in control.

Goals for tomorrow, Friday
    1. go to the gym, or go for a walk
    2. meeting gym friends for lunch ... but I plan on only getting a drink (diet soda!)
    3. going to fish fry with hubby ... only eat 1 piece, and count out 10 fries .. then stop.
    4. mindful eating
    5. concentrate on 8+ water

• mytime6630
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes you guys! You are all the best! I miss getting on here ... need to make this a priority in my day.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Not sure what wt I started at but 215.0 this am. Hoping it's not up in am.
    @mytime Look into getting a healthcare power of attorney for your brother?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 184.4

The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in weight.

JFT - Wednesday August 9
    2L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - ☹️
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Thursday August 8
    2L of water - ☹️ so close 1.5
    Log all food - 🙂 yes, even an unplanned late night appetizer at a restaurant
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

Another cousin one of my favourites is flying out tomorrow and is in a hotel in my area so invited me up to eat with them this evening around 9pm. I’be been made to realize recently how precious time spent with people is when it’s unexpected so I accepted the invitation even though I was tired and didn’t really need anything.

Now it’s almost 11 and I just got home, I’m going to write in my journal and head to bed.

JFT - Friday August 9
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 and @PackerFanInGB , I'm sorry you are both having such an awful time worrying about your relations. So difficult, especially when you live far away.

@Snowflake1968 , yes, grab every opportunity to spend time with family and friends. Sometimes the unexpected invitations turn out to be the best ones!

I'm also worrying about family. My Dad has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and this week fell and broke his hip. So 2 things to deal with now! My mother no longer drives, so I'm driving her to visit the hospital every day. Her walking is getting worse, so I push her in a wheelchair. I've no idea if Dad will be able to come home again at some stage. I'm consciously reminding myself that I can't influence everything and can only do so much to help.

In a few days my brother (who lives abroad) will be visiting for a month. My mother is already saying it wouldn't be fair for him to have to drive her to hospital as he's on his holidays. Erm no...he'll help while he's here, I have to do the other 11 months on my own. Touch of the prodigal son returning, I think :)

So I haven't been dieting, food has been a bit of an afterthought when I get home. I need to plan ahead better.
    I've been trying to keep it under control, and not go over maintenance. That said, we have half a large chocolate birthday cake left in my kitchen, that will be hard to ignore!

I hope I'll be more organized and able to join you in the next 5lb challenge.

JFT

shower, hair, moisturize
    load car for work tomorrow
    cook proper evening meal
    stay under maintenance
    drink more
    check tax situation

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you @littleblackskirt - so many struggling on here. I hope it will be a while before I have to worry about caring for my parents but my mum has had breast cancer twice and I know how hard it is worrying about parents when you also have your own family at home to care for.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I’m just finished with another warrior class - don’t usually do consecutive days but it was too wet to run this morning - gorgeously sunny now, typical!

Tonight my big girl gets back from her week at an adventure camp and I can’t wait to see her. Busy with house stuff otherwise and lots of boring but necessary jobs...

Thursday goals recap:
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - L to gym camp at 10am ✅
    - contact adventure camp to change pick-up arrangements ✅
    - gym to add kids to membership and book induction ❎ will try to do today
    - gardening ✅
    - jetwashing? ✅
    - research new will and insurance ✅
    - L hair wash ✅

Friday goals:
    - Take L to gym camp 10am ✅
    - Warrior class 10:30am ✅
    - bf to install dishwasher at lunchtime?
    - clean garden doors
    - laundry away
    - general clean and tidy
    - Phone and book eye appointments
    - Pick up L at 3:45pm
    - gym to sort kids membership and induction
    - take L for dinner
    - P home 7:30pm
    - bed by 10

Happy Friday all x
  • pamanddymyn
    pamanddymyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today i have decided to get up and get moving! I have narcolepsy so i am naturally tired and sleepy all day. i just started taking my meds but it only works if i want them too. I have been taking them and laying down but i decided to get up and move and do something. I work at home and sit at home all day. CHANGE is what I want!

Goals
    Reach 220 by October.
    Walk at least 10000 steps a day
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/9

Mow lawn, Cardio, Chill - it's Friday!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! @PackerFanInGB and @mytime6630 I'm so sorry to hear of the struggles you are both dealing with, big hugs to you!!

I did not log again yesterday. I feel like control is slipping away and I need it back NOW.

JFT 8/9:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:30
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just for today, stay away from drink and do my daily exercise routine. :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Great loss Terri! I see you crochet ... I bought some yarn and all the hooks I need to try and learn, but just have not had the time. I love to sew, but I want to find things I can do when I am too tired to sit at my sewing machine (which lately in the evenings I am so tired... thats when I eat!) Crocheting would be a good thing to learn to keep my hands busy.

You and I sure do think alike! I did the very same thing! hahaha! I bought a packet of crochet hooks all different sizes (I think it is a packet of 6 or 8 of them?) and some yarn. I thought it would be something I could do while sitting in the living room at night with my husband. I watched a YouTube video tutorial. That's as far as I got. The hooks are still in the packet unopened in a basket with yarn next to my chair! Hahah! Maybe it will be my winter thing? :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @mytime6630 So sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he works things out with where to live.
    On crochet: There are great YouTube videos for beginners that can show you how. You can watch a wee bit then pause while you try it out!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    :) Friday 9 August

I must have forgotten to post this morning but I know my goals.

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)