JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dang! I think I forgot to post my goals this morning!

Just for Friday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. DRINK PURE WATER, 68+ oz
    3. Try to stay professional and not let my emotions take over at work
    4. Tasks on Task list
    5. Email to employee nurses regarding options for possible fmla
    6. Bills / Budget - Ongoing over the weekend
    7. Tyler's birthday gift
    8. Pray, journal, read inspirational pages, bed early.

@mytime6630 My radar is buzzing at high speed! Your brothers ex-wife is up to no good. He should let you do his power of attorney or something while he is still able. Why are people so horrid that they want to take advantage of someone who is already down? I really wonder about this world sometimes. hugs to you my friend. xoxo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,135 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 166.4 - 1 lb

JFT: Fri 9 August Weather tomorrow is not set fair, so will be mostly indoors.
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate 🌟
    • 35 mins dynamic yoga
    • 15 + mins HIIT walking video 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟 8000 +
    • MAD de clutter Session on hobbies room. (Massive Action Day) Went into town to run some errands instead
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Sat 10 August
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate
    • 35 mins dynamic yoga
    • Local shopping first thing
    • 15 + mins HIIT walking video
    • 6000+ steps
    • Mother/daughter outing to IKEA
    • Work on crochet
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Today my ex-SIL calls, and tells me they are releasing my brother from the hospital, and she is bringing him home with her. I talked to my brother, and he said no, he just wanted a ride to the nursing home. He told me he needs more help than she can give him, and he doesn't want to go there. This woman is the worst kind of person I have ever met .... I hate to say that, but she is. I know she just wants my brothers disability, and she does not care at all for my brother. Plus, I found out her boyfriend has beer in the house. My brother is not suppose to drink alcohol at all, but he is a alcoholic, so I know he will just go there and drink again. So ... I called my brother, he put me on the phone with the nurse, and I explained everything to her. The toxic environment my brother would be going to, my SIL's attempt to get the disability money transferred to her account (since, as she says, she will be taking care of him), etc etc. My brother has always been very timid, and people have used him his entire life. I am not close to my brother, but I will do everything I can to be sure his last months on this earth are peaceful, and he gets the best care he can. Anyhow, tomorrow they are releasing him to a nursing home, but my SIL still says that she is picking him up on sunday. So my only option now is to call the nursing home tomorrow, and see what I can do, or get on a plane and fly there.. which I cannot do for another week as our son is coming into town. Oh ... does it ever end!!

But I did great all day until tonite. Bought some marshmallows to make Rice Krispy Treats (my son's favorite), and I think I ate half of the bag!

Tomorrow is a new day again. Everytime I get within 10 pounds of my goal weight, I seem to give up, and the weight comes back on. I was at 187 - my goal weight to be in the normal range is 178. I need to get to that weight!

DO not give up.

JFt, Sat
    1. log all food
    2. stay within plan
    3. go to the gym
    4. mow grass
    5. call nursing home and my brother
    6. remember ... food will not fix anything, only make me feel worse.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,743 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I’m bam so sorry for your brother and for you. I have learned a LOT already working in a nursing home. You need to call them first thing in the morning and tell them what is happening. I’m not sure about your State but here in Alberta there is an agency that deals with elder abuse, they step in quickly and take control where it’s needed. The nursing home should be able to guide you. I think you do need to go there soon and get some legal paperwork done making you his guardian for sure.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @littleblackskirt - sorry to hear about your Dad. If your Brother is anything like me he expects to take over and relieve you while he’s visiting. He will hopefully gently guide your Mother to that decision.

• Snowflake1968
    edited August 2019
    Options
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 183.8
    The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in weight.

JFT - Friday August 9
    2L of water - 😩 close 1.5 again
    Log all food - 🙂
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Saturday Aug 10
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal

I am going to help a friend prepare for a yard sale tomorrow. I really am not wanting to do this, but I guess that’s what friends are for.

I’m glad to see Friday my two late nights this week are catching up with me. My diet has not been perfect this week by any stretch of the imagination but I feel I’m more in control than I have been for a few weeks. I just need to keep at it and hopefully get some exercising in sometime soon.

@Bex953172 - where are you? How are you making out?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I’m bam so sorry for your brother and for you. I have learned a LOT already working in a nursing home. You need to call them first thing in the morning and tell them what is happening. I’m not sure about your State but here in Alberta there is an agency that deals with elder abuse, they step in quickly and take control where it’s needed. The nursing home should be able to guide you. I think you do need to go there soon and get some legal paperwork done making you his guardian for sure.

Thank you. I talked to my other SIL... and I called and left a voice message to the case manager. I asked them to talk to my brother, when his ex is not there ... and ask him his wishes. My brother is so timid, so if his ex is there, he will say anything to get along with her. They have been divorced now almost 15 years or more... but now she shows up again. I am also going to see what I can do, but I am afraid to be his guardian, for fear of getting hit with any large financial responsibilities?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Thank you. I talked to my other SIL... and I called and left a voice message to the case manager. I asked them to talk to my brother, when his ex is not there ... and ask him his wishes. My brother is so timid, so if his ex is there, he will say anything to get along with her. They have been divorced now almost 15 years or more... but now she shows up again. I am also going to see what I can do, but I am afraid to be his guardian, for fear of getting hit with any large financial responsibilities?

I’m not sure of laws down there but here being a power of attorney and medical decision maker doesn’t leave you responsible for any debts. I would check that if I were you first though
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 still here lol!
    Been feeling a bit off, not weighed myself since!
    Just dont understand how i can have one perfect mfp day and then like 5-6 bad ones!

@mytime6630 definitely dont let your ex-SIL anywhere near! She sounds totally dodgy! And as cruel as it is there ARE people who take advantage of the vulnerable.
    Ash had a gf once and she always had money, and she'd buy herself lots of stuff (mostly cocaine) and got him some stuff too like clothes or whatever, he never asked for anything she just bought him stuff. She just always said it was from work or she borrowed some money off her parents
    Anyway, turns out she was taking her own grandad who had alzheimer's to the bank, she'd ask him for 80 and she would actually withdraw 800.
    When Ash found out what was going on he told his mum and they rung the police. She got put in prison, ash got questioned about his involvement but he was never with her, there was no text communication about it and she confirmed he had no idea. On one of the CCTV footage they saw her withdraw 800, go outside, LOSE IT and she took him straight back in to get more.
    Anyway he didnt live much longer after that, probably the stress.
    Ash gave the police everything she had bought him too.

So yeah, steer way clear of her, she sounds like shes up to no good!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I have been having that cycle for about 3 months now. It’s hard to break. You can do it. I am aiming just to log right now not 100% stay in goal and that seems to be helping. I figure I’ll stick with that for a month and then try to add more to it.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Late checking in today. Feel a little blah and demotivated too. Think it might be the weather - we have crazy wind and rainstorms at the moment. My house was leaking last night! 😕 Was going to run this morning but too stormy. Hoping to salvage today with some nice r&r....

Friday goals recap:
    - Take L to gym camp 10am ✅
    - Warrior class 10:30am ✅
    - bf to install dishwasher at lunchtime? ❎
    - clean garden doors✅
    - laundry away✅
    - general clean and tidy✅
    - Pick up L at 3:45pm✅
    - book eye appointments ✅
    - gym to sort kids membership and induction ❎ tomorrow! 😬
    - take L for dinner❎ she chose takeaway instead 🙂
    - P home 7:30pm ✅
    - bed by 10 ❎

Saturday goals:
    - rest day ✅
    - optician 10am ✅
    - brunch with the kids ✅
    - p to play date ✅
    - chill time with L
    - lay out running kit
    - bed by reasonable hour

Have a lovely weekend everyone x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I thought I logged this morning but apparently not. I've been a pig today so not met my usual goals. I,will try to get back on track to tomorrow. Goodnight.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,135 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 166.4 - 1 lb

JFT: Sat 10 August
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate🌟
    • 10 mins dynamic yoga
    • Local shopping first thing🌟
    • 15 + mins HIIT walking video 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • Mother/daughter outing to IKEA🌟
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Sun 11 August
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate
    • 35 mins dynamic yoga
    • 15 + mins HIIT walking video
    • 6000+ steps
    • Visit elder daughter and grandson
    • Work on crochet
  • mytime6630
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Joan
    SW:187.6
    GW: 178 (1st goal)
    CW: 187.0 -6
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 183.2
    The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in JFT

JFT - Saturday Aug 10
    2L of water - 🙂🙂🙂🙂 finally!!!!
    Log all food - 🙂
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Sunday Aug 11
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude journal

My weight seems like it’s dropping fast but a lot of it is water weight I think from all of my weeks of not eating properly. Trying very hard to get back on track and except for Tuesday night this past week I was only around 200 -300 cals over each day.

Went and helped my friend today and I’m going to help for a while tomorrow too I guess. She has so much more than she thought we don’t have enough tables. We are going to try to figure out more tomorrow.

It’s been so cool here yesterday and today, feels like Fall already.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 11 August

I've just logged yesterday's food with a lot of guess work and I was way into the red. Despite all I ate last night, I've woken up feeling really hungry. I have the kitchen to clear from last night's meal with friends and the scales were very unkind to me this morning. Not the best way to start the day!

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
  • Faebert
    Options
    My sympathies @ZizzyBumble - I always find I’m hungry the morning after eating lots! It makes no sense but it’s almost as if a beast has been woken from a slumber! Think it’s a Japanese phrase that says ‘eat, appetite comes’.

Anyway, hang in there, you know what to do, and the scale will be more forgiving when the water weight passes. X
  • Faebert
    Options
    Just back from a run this morning. Was a bit of a struggle - seem to be nursing a hip flexor injury from last week’s half marathon. It’s been on and off through the week and I’ve managed ok in classes but really felt it today. Hopefully a restful remainder of today will help.

Saturday goals recap:
    - rest day ✅
    - optician 10am ✅
    - brunch with the kids ✅
    - p to play date ✅
    - chill time with L ✅
    - lay out running kit ❎
    - bed by reasonable hour❎

Sunday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 12km, 7.5m 🙂
    - Pick up cat food
    - parents place for lunch
    - hang/fold/put away laundry
    - sweep leaves
    - amazon order
    - arrange next weekend with sisters
    - book exercise classes for the week
    - bed at a reasonable hour

Have a lovely Sunday everyone x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @zizzybumble - I am always hungry after an indulgent day in the morning too, but usually by dinner I’m not very hungry at all.

@Faebert - my hip flexor is still really bothering me, I hope yours isn’t as lingering.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I've been a bit inconsistent. It's been a rough week at work which has made it difficult to get things done around the house, not to mention finish moving the rest of our stuff out of my parents house. When and how did we get so much stuff??

Anyways, I'll be back to posting goals tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!