WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Cari OK, I'll bite. :D:D:D. How many calories in a fortune cookie? t19120.gif
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Sharon - glad you are through the surgery! Best wishes and thoughts to you on your weight loss journey!!

Lisa
    - (((HUGS))) sorry about that pain in the #(%@! Hope it gets better soon!! I really have nothing to complain about.

Kim - I used to belong to a local gym where the fee was taken out of my bank account. It was super easy to stop since their accounting office was right there at the gym and no dealing with some dweeb at "corporate" in some other time zone. We don't have any auto payments now except for medical insurance with a well known and very reliable company. Getting automatic payments for other things which need to be cancelled have always been a big concern of mine and I don't do it.

Micheller - glad the Afib is under control finally. How scary! And Kylia - glad your DH's is as well. So happy to see you posting! You were gone too long, lol.

Rebecca - your meal looked yummy again and those cleaned windows are saweet! I really like the house you are renting, that sunspace is so neat. Do you think you'll be able to keep it for a few more years?

Margaret - I have a little muscle soreness from the PT exercises and have been using acupressure and ice and the Flexall 420 cream that has cannabis and helps relieve the ouchies on that shoulder. I'm lucky I haven't had the all over soreness that Barbara was describing but then haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary or changing up my routine much. Luckily this type of pain gets better by the second day if I remember right. This is where the "I won't quit but I might cuss the whole time" T-shirt is appropriate B)

Kelly - I hear you loud and clear on your DH intruding on your space during your mornings. It's perfect when spouses leave for work, you get a break and are glad to see them get home. When they are home all the time.... I don't know if I'll ever get used to it. Though it has gotten better. I think I notice it more now that I quit drinking, lol.

Barbie - glad you are on an antibiotic and hope you are feeling better soon. One good thing about feeling icky in the winter, if there is one, no guilt about not getting things done outside. Although we have a lot of weeds getting an early start. I plan to attempt some one-handed weeding and hoeing this week, weather permitting.

Better get going. Time for rope and pulley and cussin, lol.

Lanette
    Chilly and clear SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I’m having problems using microsoft word to make my comments to the group. Normally I open a word document & make comments for the the group & then copy & paste it into the thread. Now they want me to rebuy their program. Advice welcome!

Katla the frustrated
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    I started reading and then realised that I need to work on my steps. Reading and walking is not a sensible idea so will come back later.

☘️IRISH TERRI☘️
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I’m having problems using microsoft word to make my comments to the group. Normally I open a word document & make comments for the the group & then copy & paste it into the thread. Now they want me to rebuy their program. Advice welcome!

Katla the frustrated

Katla - can you open "notepad".... that seems to be much simpler to use and not as cranky for typing little notes to copy and post onto here. Good luck!

Lanette

EDIT - My DH just reminded me that "Notepad" is resident on a Windows OS. I think you have an Apple? I'm sure there's something similar. Good luck!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Saturday -- training for a half-marathon continues with my longest distance yet. Mostly running, a little bit of walking

According to Strava:

Distance: 14.35km
    Elevation: 200m
    Moving Time: 2:00:35
    Elapsed Time 2:04:30
    Pace: 8:24/km
    Calories:1,171

Machka in Oz

I thought a lot about my grandmother on this run ... pretended like I was showing her around the area where I live. I don't know, perhaps she can see it now.

I learned a couple things on this run. Actually, I learned them after the run. I felt good when I got home. I hopped in the shower and started feeling a little "off", and by the time I finished my shower, I really didn't feel very good at all. I took a couple electrolyte tablets and lay down. About 10 minutes later, feeling really dizzy and a bit nauseated, I called for my husband and asked if he could bring me some real coke. We have some, by accident. It was delivered one time in a grocery delivery ... it's not something we order or usually have. But about 10 minutes after drinking a glass of real coke, with the sugar, I felt better. But I napped a bit before getting up.

I had eaten about 12:30 and didn't start my run until 3:40. Then I ran for 2 hours, and as mentioned above, hopped in the shower, etc. Dizziness and nausea hit me a little after 6 pm. So I had gone nearly 6 hours without food, and had burned over 1000 calories in that time. In other words, I bonked. NOT the British definition!! Bonking is usually a cycling term meaning that a person's blood sugar level has dropped into dangerously low levels ... essentially, the person has run out of fuel.

OK, that means I need to eat something small right before my run, and perhaps carry something with me.

The other thing is that it was a warm day, I sweated lots, and I didn't take electrolytes. So ... I need to remember to take electrolytes before I run.

In a way, I'm glad this happened this week, so that I know for next week.

Machka in Oz

I bonked once but that was when I was running. I feel ya. My resting heart rate in 50. At the time I was bonking it went to 40. I bonked once I think in my 30’s but I didn’t know that was what it was when I was riding my bike.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Kim - I used to have a Fitbit and developed an allergy to the band. I just at use my phone now too and have the same problem. I am busy and walking around and my phone is on the counter. I only count my intentional walks now and consider anything else a bonus.

Barbara - my daughter posted on fb last night telling the world how much she appreciated her gift. Her 30th birthday is a month from today. I will have to find something similar for her.

Machka - I think that’s a lovely thought that your Grandmother can see you now. Good that you had the coke in the house.

Kylia - I had been counting calories by the amount it took to get within my goals and it was working well for me. I need to get back to that. I should also look at the hours of work before spending, but I need to find a job before doing that.

Kelly - I hope Trentin is very well behaved on your shopping trip. I take my Grandchildren shopping with me regularly they know the rules about asking for things. After a couple of times going out of a store crying with nothing they are very well behaved when they hear the word no.
    I had to laugh at your PS my husband knows my morning peace is precious to me and waits for me to talk to him.

Lisa - I’m sorry about the pain in the butt. My MIL always was concerned that the children would have those. My MIL has a very interesting history and has been taking care of others since she was 9. She now takes care of a lady with Alzheimer’s. She, my MIL turned 74 in December had a heart attack in 2016 and another in August. She refuses to just be home and doing nothing. “Might as well shoot me as expect me not to be doing”

Katla - there is a program that is very similar to Microsoft Office called Open Office it is free and I have used it for over a year with no issues. I couldn’t afford Word last year when I had no income coming in and needed something to work on my resume with.

We kept the Grands last night and I will be taking them home in about 40 minutes. I love them dearly but Michaela turned 3 on Thursday and has become a “threeager” overnight! Little Miss Attitude and I are going to have some head butting happening I think. I assure you I will win. The hugs, kisses and I love you’s certainly help make up for the tantrums.

I finally received some good news on my EI, I should have a payment by the end of the week!

Tracey in an overcast Edmonton

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lanette, we had the owner over in October, and though he wants to renovate this home for his retirement home, it won't be for another 5 years. I told him we'd care for it till then.👍
    💗Rebecca
    I wish it would rain, so I could see them a bit more cleaner! Those mud streaks make me nuts!😋
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Katla ~ I sent you a message to check out WPS Office. It's free.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    My Saturday brunch!
    70g0m5ve3pmd.jpg
    Ingredients

d45k556u0aqf.jpg
    Presentation!

Ok y'all mind if I do this? It is definitely making me eat better.👍

Type more later.
    💗Rebecca
    Rebecca - I like when you post your meals, gives me ideas on what to fix. They look scrumptious! And great news on keeping the house for another 5 years ;-).

Yesterday I was reading "The 8-week Blood Sugar Diet" which advocates eating 800 calories per day for 8 weeks, mainly Mediterranean type diet to get blood sugar under control and weight loss. I always thought that by cutting calories that low, it would kick the metabolism into "starvation" mode but Michael Mosley says not so. He says a person can also eat higher calories for 4 or 5 days a week, have 800 calories on the other days and get similar results but slower weight loss. I've been keeping calories at around 1450, which is at the lower end for me, but plan to go a bit higher then do the 800 Fasting Mimicking for a day. Still maintaining 13 hrs minimum between supper and breakfast, so grateful for coffee!

I just finished my Strong Women Stay Young workout, felt good. Since I cut out the sugary snacks at the end of the year, seems I have more strength even tho I've cut back to 2 days a week from 3. No doubt, sugar is not only yummy, it's very nasty!

Tracey
    - I also am more sensitive to rubber and latex items and was having trouble with my Fitbit One, so I hook it on the outside of my bra between the "girls" and I get good results but no skin contact. B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Cari--Congrates on the 70 pounds.

Meg--Sure glad to see you posting again. Sounds like we will be having good weather this next week.

Allie--every ounce counts. Good for you!!

Lisa-- I had that same problem when I was in my early 20's. I just remember the bathtub with lots of hot water was my best friend for weeks.Now when it starts to act up I am so careful. Hope you feel better soon.

Best time to get some work done. Things are kind of slow this weekend. Not to excited as the first of the year and deductables start again so patient count is down,.
    DGD is coming over to spend the night. Papa and her will go to church in the morning while I work and after they come have lunch he will take her home. They start back to school Monday.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    so i sort have been counting carbs wrong , im supposed to be counting net carbs...
    lord i will get the hang of this eventually.... im taking care of a lady here nights from 6-9 .. she just got released from the nursing home...
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

NYKaren – sorry to hear of your SIL mothers passing; congratulations on some quiet time

It’s blowing a gale here, no rain yet that is to come in later but leaves, limbs and other stuff flying all around!

Kim from N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I am having problems with Microsoft Word, and won't be able to type a word document of any kind until February. This is a huge irritation and will make if difficult for me to comment to more than one person in a post. All of my saved documents are a huge mess. I am NOT a happy camper.

I can type and edit—in a font size that has each letter about an inch or more tall.

Katla the angry
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Kkkk