WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Machka- what wonderful pics to savour!! So sorry for your loss. I love looking back at pics of my maternal grandmother. She was a fiesty little French Canadian woman who took no grief from anyone!!

Rebecca- those windows are scary!! Hope they look better after.

Time for a nap before my 12 hr night shift. Hope it is not too cray tonight.

Karen in BC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    I am home, and was very hungry, so ended up having a couple of cheese sticks and a hard boiled egg.. and drinking more water....going to the movie tonight... maybe
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    <3
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    trisH_7183 wrote: »
    Anyone having MFP problems today? I had to use a diff sign in,now it won’t find any food,so can’t keep track. Grrrr
    Sometimes wonder if it’s MFPs way of a clearance?

Are you using mfp from a cell phone? I find I have to restart my phone. When it acts up.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    trisH_7183 wrote: »
    Anyone having MFP problems today? I had to use a diff sign in,now it won’t find any food,so can’t keep track. Grrrr
    Sometimes wonder if it’s MFPs way of a clearance?

Are you using mfp from a cell phone? I find I have to restart my phone. When it acts up.

My MFP like reset at the new year. It kept some stuffs,but others just vanished. I just go with the flow... lol!

Kylia
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    I’ve never heard of using tonic water for muscle cramps ... how do you use this .. A stupid question ... but are you drinking it fast ? How does it help in seconds?

@bwcetc, I think the quinine gets to your bloodstream quickly by drinking it. I keep a bottle handy and drink 8 oz. as fast as I can. Pharmacists used to prescribe quinine pills for cramps. My friend also gave me an Amish bottle of something that looks like apple cider vinegar. I haven’t used that yet. I also take a magnesium supplement. I get the cramps as bad as you said you do. Try keeping a small bottle of tonic water on your bedside table and wherever you sit. I know the screaming well. My husband promptly runs to the tonic water if it’s not in my reach b/c I cannot move when they come on. I feel your pain … literally! 😊 Congratulations to your parents on their anniversary!

@Machka9, so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. Glad she had such a full, loving life. I never knew my grandparents and regret that. I lost my mom when I was 20. It’s tough losing them, for sure.

@Katla49, I wonder if Tums have magnesium in them.

@ydailey, I think I’ll pass on the pickle juice! I can’t even imagine. LOL!

@lhscapil, love that shirt!! And your grandmother sounds like she was delightful!

@janetr7476, your granddaughter is beautiful. Looks like she favors you.

@trisH_7183, no problems with MFP on my end today.

@megblair1, great news on the new meds!

I received a call yesterday that someone was interested in our foster Schnauzer. I’ve only had him since Dec. 13 and hadn’t even had time to post his information on the website with the holidays and company. I feel a little sad, but I know this will be a great home for him. The lady sounds like a very loving pet owner and has been vetted so I know he’ll have a great forever home. We’ll meet up with her Sunday afternoon at the dog park and then I'll be on the list for the next Schnauzer who needs a home.

Yea, I’m caught up!

Blessings,
    Bonnie in Nashville TN <3

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you my dear friends for your kind comments regarding my granddaughter. <3

Janetr OKC
  • kymarai
    Options
    Chocolate covered cherries- I always buy them for my DH for Christmas! I love chocolate covered Strawberries but leave the cherries to him.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Barbie- Please take care of yourself. The illnesses going around this year are wicked.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon, Barbie!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.06min, 11.8amph, 139mhr, 1.5mi= 78c
    ELIPTICAL- 43min, 129mhr, 113ahr, variety program, 4.26mi= 296c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.16min, 129mhr, 16.9amph, 1.4mi= 57c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.36min, 12.4amph, 143mhr, 3mi= 133c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.09min, 9.39min mi, 150mhr, .5mi= 66c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.17min, 9.24min mi, 152mhr, .4mi= 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.44min, 8.4amph, 152mhr, 2.6mi=, 199c

total cal 889
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did an workout on the bosu DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jackie’s 30 Day Fast Start DVD.

Kylia – so your husband goes into AFib? Vince had Wolfe Parkinson White syndrome (until he had his ablation) and he never changed his diet. He was on Rhymthol for a LOOONNNGGG time (we’re talking about 30 years here). I’m assuming that your husband was given some “tricks” by his cardiologist to make his heart convert. It CAN be scary, for you and him. My sympathies

Looks like we have some models in here! You know, every time I see a package of Pampers with the baby on it, it reminds me so much of Joaquin. That baby has the same dark hair and big eyes.

Suki is sooo adorable.

M – I am so sorry about your grandmother. Take comfort in the fact that she led a good, full life.

Frozen Thin Mints with a tall glass of milk…..I’m in heaven just thinking about that

I’ve used the pickle juice for leg cramps, too. The only thing I’ve found is that the taste can be nasty. What I do is usually take a mouthful and then have a grape. But it DOES work. I don’t have a problem being dehydrated because I usually drink over 100oz a day. Since we usually don’t have pickles, I have to buy it off Amazon.

I know that I could never do keto. Just me, but I love my fruits and veges too much to give them up. Now sweets…that I could give up. But not my fruit! I hand it to anyone who can do that. At ceramics Wed. night the one gal asked me if there was anything that I absolutely loved. She said that she loves chips. Really, there isn’t anything that I can’t keep in the house because I go crazy eating it. I admit, sometimes I do have a stress-eating binge. But then the next day I can do without what it was I was stress eating.

Karen in BC – sorry you got bad news. If you’d like, get it off your shoulders here.

Yvonne – you’re looking to have the citrus tucked away? What is citrus? When I read that you wanted it tucked away, the only thing I could think of was “how do you tuck away oranges?”

Helped Vince work out in the garage starting to get things organized. Found things we didn’t even know we had!

Fatmah…what kind of help are you needing?

65 years of marriage! Wow! Makes me feel like a youngster only 40

I always get the plain yogurt and add frozen fruit to it. As the fruit defrosts, it leaves behind a sort of “juice”

Meg – how wonderful that you’re not hungry all the time. Great that your sugar went down so fast

Jess came home and wanted to go to Olive Garden. I think I was pretty good, had the minestrone soup, ½ of a breadstick, 2 orders of steamed broccoli, I did sample the wine and had a mouthful of Vince’s dessert. Just water to drink. And the mint afterwards

Barbie – hope you feel better real soon.

Michele in NC