WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    edited January 2019
    :)Kate, thanks for the line dance photo--what fun that must have been

:)Tracey, one of the best lessons I've learned is to not compare myself to anyone else. Your walking achievement in 2018 is great and has nothing to do with how far anyone else walked. I don't compare myself to anyone but me and then the challenge is fair.

<3 Barbie

1vjmz1hca3g9.jpg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Kate, thanks for the line dance photo--what fun that must have been

:)Tracey, one of the best lessons I've learned is to not compare myself to anyone else. Your walking achievement in 2018 is great and has nothing to do with how far anyone else walked. I don't compare myself to anyone but me and then the challenge is fair.

<3 Barbie

1vjmz1hca3g9.jpg

Thanks for that reminder. :)
    Tracey
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    it's heaven getting out of bed at 9am

Pip - I was thrilled to sleep until almost 7! I got to bed about 1:30. I’ll crash tonight by 9!!

Okie
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    Margaret- beautiful pictures! It's amazing that they can keep that heated with the cold temperatures!

Kaylia- we will pray for Aubrey, your niece, and your family. (((Hugs)))
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Happy New Year dear ladies. I am working and also doing a lot of thinking about my plans for the new year. Not proud but I am up 19.5 pounds from Jan 1, 2018. So regrouping and taking it one day at a time. Logging every bite and walking every chance I get are my plans for this week. Seems I have been doing nothing but working, eating and sleeping. My word for this year is Breathe.

Kylia--Sending prayers and hugs for Aubrey and family.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kylia Healing thoughts for baby Aubrey.

Cheri I think about you almost every day. Glad you are well. Happy New Year!

Vicki, GI This has not been a great year for me weight-wise, either. (((Hugs)))

Guests (stepson and wife) have just arrived for our annual fondue party! Just the 4 of us.

Karen in Virginia
  • gzteach
    gzteach Posts: 6 Member
    Good new year afternoon all. DH and I just returned from lunch at in-laws. Hopefully I’m full of luck for the new year now!
    My word for 2019 will be DAILY, because that’s how I need to look at things for a while. I need to refocus each day on what is important and what I want in my life.
    I’m off to my sewing room to work on my latest project. Just a few more days of Christmas break.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2019
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Happy New Year!

Thanks, Barbie, for getting us set up again. Sorry to hear your energy is taking its time getting back after that cold.

Reviewing 2018 – what a great year! Early 2017 started off with the “Broken Brain” series – and learning a little about intermittent fasting and how added sugar hurts our brains and not eating for 12 hours at a time – and especially not eating 3 hours before bedtime – really helps our brains. Then it was followed by the “New Skinny on Fat” series which focused on research on fasting not just for weight control but overall health and wellness. I finally understand my metabolism a lot better now.

I am up a few pound4 over my low this summer due to holiday over-indulgence. Back on my plan:
    • 12 – 14 hours between supper and meal the next day. I’m allowing myself a little milk in my coffee if I want. (I see several of you in this group are also utilizing this). First meal of the day – I want to be really hungry and eat something healthy! Then aim to confine eating into an 8 to 9 hour window.
    • 5:2 Fasting mimicking – for me, this might end up 6:1, but I want to have at least one day a week with calorie restriction of only 600 to 800 calories per Michael Mosley’s recommendations in his Fast Diet and Blood Sugar Diet. This really worked great for me this past summer.
    I love the MFP food diary and have set up these metrics:
    • Calories – I don’t count them. I’m too tempted to cheat with candy or cookies if I know I have 500 calories left. Then I feel like crap and binge on the same, then feel guilty that I didn’t eat healthy food and then add my nutritious meal on top. If I plan and pre-log my meals, it’s easy for me to stay around 1400 to 1500 calories and be satisfied.
    • Sugar – eliminate added sugar and processed foods as much as possible most of the time. Fruits & veg & some dairy OK for me and I am to keep that total below 50 grams.
    • Protein – aim for 60 to 70 grams a day, since I’ve over 65. Don’t want to lose muscle. Don’t have kidney problems so keeping protein low isn’t a concern for me.
    • Fiber & Carbs – I aim for net carbs below 100, so getting in 30 grams of fiber allows me over 100 grams of carbs – mainly healthy complex carbs from beans, veggies, some fruits, organic dairy.
    • Healthy fats – still eating an avocado per day in my suppertime salad. Whatever I can find, small to medium size. The whole thing at once, lol.
    • Weight training – back to Strong Women Stay Young three times a week. I moved my weights in the house and while it’s not optimal, can get my training done in the back bedroom where it’s warm!
    I haven’t decided on a word for the year. Instead, I’ve picked a phrase – “Champion of my own race”. I compete with no one but myself based on my age and health. I have everything I need right now to work toward my goals (which sometimes change mid-stream, lol.) Barbie, I’m right there with you.

I am bouncing between laptops this morning, getting new batteries installed and charged per instructions….” Deplete within 2%, charge up. “ The replacement battery didn’t want to fit in the old laptop without a little cussin, >:) lol. Looks like the connection is complete tho..

More later!

Lanette
    Sunny and cold SW WA State

PS -not sure why all the dots on my lists - something goofy between typing it in Word then pasting it here. B)

Great info! You seem to have your eating plan on track. I commend you! I need to start writing down my meals, with pen and paper. I tend to not eat what I've logged when its online. Its just to easy to me to change things up. Writing is more solid and I stick to it more. I might even go as far as to write in different colors, veggies green, protein brown, sugars red, and so forth. It makes it fun.👍
    I need to get those books!
    💗Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    having some cinnamon stick tea, and watching bahama life... love the ocean shows and can dream can't I?
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Oh I need more soup!
    💗