WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,778 Member
    Happy Wednesday. I am so confused on my days with all the holidays. Most the offices at the hospita have been closed since the Friday before Christmas. Everyone is back today and trying to catch up.

The last 2 days I have done well with no eating after 7 pm and having at least 12 hours before breakfast. Logging every bite. Baby steps.

Tracie--Sounds like you have made a lot of positive changes. Good Luck with 2019, glad to have you back.

Heather--Thanks for the reminder it all comes down to CICO. and life style changes we can live with.

Kylia--Great news, keeping the prayers coming.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I'm not going to try to assign individual responses this time. I'm a night owl myself. I'm usually up around 8 am, and go to bed around two am. Some of my most productive hours are between midnight and sunrise. I've always preferred late nights. As a kid, I'd go to bed as ordered, and stay up late reading with a night light. I can manage to capture the morning hours, but only if I get an afternoon siesta.

I got a new bicycle for Christmas, and it's all assembled and adjusted--but the rain is keeping it-and me-inside. For the cyclists on here, what's the difference between a department store Schwinn, and one that costs much more from a specialty store? I don't know that I'll ever be dedicated enough to invest in one of those. My little beach cruiser is an adorable orange, has a wide seat, upright handlebars, mud guards, and just seven gears. (I never knew what to do with ten to fifteen gears.) It's got a lifetime guarantee, and it's rust-resistant. I'm going to get a bell and a basket for the front--guaranteeing no self-respecting young thief would steal it.

For the runners on here, how do you get started? Have you always been runners, or did you have to work up to it? Any advice for a beginner? I'll be honest, running is something I've never been able to do, even when I was a kid. I joined the track team in fifth grade, but the only thing I was good at was sprinting. I'm too short for the jumps and hurdles, and longer distances left me gasping for air long before the finish line. Everyone in my family smoked--except me--so I think my lungs were poisoned from the beginning. A facebook friend is talking about doing a 5k in March, and I'd like to be able to join in. I doubt I'll be able to run it, but I should be able to manage a brisk walk or slow jog if I get start working up to it now.

Cari in cold, rainy North Texas

i am a year round rider and a runner, there is SOOOO much i could tell you about both subjects. at work right now tho.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Welcome dauchsmom! I have my grandmother's recipes from that time as well. Some make me shudder! :D

Lol. That made me laugh. My imagination is running wild!I

Janetr OKC
  • nicoleadams8
    nicoleadams8 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I am new to this sight my goal is to lose 63 lbs within 6 months and keep it off. It is a little harder to lose weight now that I am 50 years so wish me luck
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Lll
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Katla, when we had our power outage, we noticed some neighbors on another street have their generator going and their Christmas lights on. Crazy!
    Rebecca
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Further to my night owl comments a little earlier (a few posts above), sleeping in for me is 11:30 am or noon. :grin: Yesterday, I crawled out of bed at about 12:20 pm and could have easily slept for another hour or so!

I start thinking about bed around midnight or 12:30 am, and if I get into bed by 1 am, I'm doing well. On the weekends, it is usually 2 am. :)

M in Oz

You are a night owl for sure!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    NYKAREN: Already on it lol!

Word for 2019 is CONSISTENCY

Already 7 pages behind! 😂 😂 😂 Will try and catch up tomorrow.