Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Very rainy, LOVE riding in the rain 🌧
    Do you love it the way you love riding in the wind, Pip? We all know how much you enjoy THAT!

/Penny

you just HAD to bring that w word up didn't you. i love it as much as i hate that
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    We have an ice storm going on, later today its supposed to snow. My plan is to stay warm and cozy and do my workout inside.

Got all my Christmas decorations and trees down yesterday except the big tree in the Florida room, Jack will need to help me with that tree.

Love you my friends,
    Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: It sounds like you are doing a great job with your diet. WTG!!! I hope you are blessed with energy and a happy digestive system. :star:

Party Person: 1 stone seems like a big loss in only one month. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:

KJ: I ran with a friend for a time after my son was born and loved every minute of it. We lived in Eugene, OR at the time and there were loads of great running trails there. Running with someone is a delight, but I wouldn’t want to run alone unless I was very confident that I was in a safe place. Now I have a damaged knee, and running is not on my list of healthy exercises. Riding a bike is on my list and so is yoga. I love both of them. :heart:

CJ: I ride regularly, but I never post because of an old knee injury. I figure my backside is padded enough to absorb the pounding. I tried padded bike shorts for a while under my riding pants. It wasn’t effective for me and certainly wasn’t comfortable. I hope you heal well and are able to get back to riding soon. :heart:

Lanette: I’m on the list of those who’ve said goodbye to their gallbladders. It turned out that I only had one gallstone and it was the size of a robin’s egg. Keeping it as a souvenir wasn’t anything I wanted to do. :noway:

JanetR: Staying inside during an ice storm is the very best option. You are wise. I broke a wrist walking in snow because there was ice hidden underneath. I’ve also fallen on unseen black ice and broke a wrist then, too. I don’t recommend tangling with hidden ice. :noway:. Our Christmas decorations are down but we still need to put the boxes they’re stored in back up in the attic. :ohwell:

I’m hoping to get holiday boxes stored up in the attic today. DH can be at the bottom of the ladder and I will be at the top. We use a pulley system to get the boxes up the ladder and I shove them back into their spots. Our living Christmas trees are back in the yard and enjoying the misty weather.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

January 2019 Resolutions

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly.
    6. Avoid alcohol.

Halt Stress:
    Ask yourself four questions,

1. Am I hungry?
    2. Am I angry?
    3. Am I lonely?
    4: Am I tired?

For any yes answer, you have a practical way to help yourself. If I am hungry, I eat. If I am angry I can find a way to address the problem that caused anger. If I’m lonely, I can chat with this wonderful group, or DH, or call a friend. If I’m tired I can rest or sleep. It doesn’t make life perfect, but it sure helps smooth out some bumps.

• clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had a quiet Christmas and New Years. I spent Christmas at my Mom’s. I brought my Mom home with me after Christmas for a visit. She had extended visits with her great grand kids and enjoyed them. My brother met me halfway yesterday to take my Mom home. It was not ideal weather for travel in DFW with rain and cold. The traffic was much lighter after leaving the metroplex.

My Mom turned 90 in October. It seems several of us have patents around the same age. My Mom didn’t want any presents for her birthday or Christmas. I take her on short 2 day trips and to my house which she does enjoy. She broke her neck a few years ago and wears a neck brace. She also had macular degeneration. Her vision is severely compromised. Lighthouse for the Blind in Tyler provided her with a portable reader for the visit here, which enabled her to read. She has a large monitor at home. She walks everyday as long as it is not pouring rain. I walked with her both at her house and here. I have a 2 week streak of walking every day, which I intend on extending. I have a treadmill for days with bad weather. I did my first strength training workout today.

I did take a break from eating keto through the holidays and have gained weight due to poor eating. On an overnight trip with my mom and a friend after Thanksgiving, we had cookies from the hotel and White Russians for dinner. I am back on track as of January 1.

I agree that the Diet Doctor website is a great resource for lchf or keto diet. Check out the recipes from Kristie Sullivan. I made her Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Soup and it was fabulous. My mom enjoyed it too.

Lanette mentioned a documentary series “The Real Skinny on Fat” that was on the internet last year. It was highly informative and is scheduled for replay beginning January 15. There are 9 episodes. It contains helpful information regarding all types of fasting including intermittent fasting. I am limiting my eating window to 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

Cathy in Arlington, TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I am pooped...been running since 7 this morning...went to feed DFIL and he would have none of it today so that was a quick trip..walked the boys and then went grocery shopping.lord food is expensive but I was not even tempted to buy anything bad..I bought lots of cheeses and salads and berries and Greek yogurt and cottage cheese..I should be set for the month..so I'm going to take nap and then get up and cook a couple of meals and put them in containers for the week.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Lll
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)B)<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip & Penny: :laugh: :devil:

Cathy in Arlington: I watched The Real Skinny on Fat and would be happy to see it again. Thanks for letting us know that it will be on again starting January 15. :bigsmile:

Meg: I’m glad to see you posting again. I think you have made an excellent New Year’s Resolution. Taking care of you is the highest priority, as it should be. WTG!!! :heart:

Our Christmas trees are out in the yard where they live, but Christmas decorations are all over the garage and we have a string of outdoor lights to take down. That will wait for a dry day. Today it is raining.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Cathy - do you have the link for the Real Skinny on Fat when it airs again? I highly recommend it. Also, I'm like you in that I try to keep my eating from 10 am to 6 pm, mainly because I go to bed early.

I'm a morning person - generally up by 4:30 am. By 7:30 or 8 at night I'm ready for bed with my little tablet and watch something on Prime or Netflix until I fall asleep. Currently, I am bingeing on "Silent Witness" - about a lady pathologist. You gals from the UK are likely familiar with it. I'm up to series #4. Looks like it's been running for years like Midsommer Murders.

Rita and Beth - are you counting calories during your eating windows? If so, what's your strategy? Rita, stopping eating several hours before bed helped heal my GERD as well, along with chewing "Between" gum for a few minutes (from Amazon) which stimulates saliva which coats the tummy or something! Didn't want to stay on with Nexium.

I think Mary has had great success eating during a tight window. Rye also did very well on it as I recall. And Wendy from NZ. Miss them! :(

I love reading about the different strategies for IF you all are sharing!!

Lanette
    Rainy and warm SW WA State
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day!

I'm not a big fan unless they're homemade, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for chocolate covered cherries because my father bought a box for my mother every Christmas.

Nicole - Welcome! You'll find lots of support here!

enough64 - You have to watch out for those curve balls! It's all about having a plan for getting back on track after one of them hits you in the head.

Rebecca - That scale decoration is so cute! They used a wonderful old vintage scale, too. Nice to see cool-looking things from the past find a new life.

Katla - If you ever see me running, you should probably run too because there is something scary chasing me.

Cari - Luna sticks so close to me when I'm walking around the house that I often can't find her at first glance because she's literally right at my heel. Sometimes I put a handful of treats in my pocket and ask friendly strangers to give her one instead of petting her. Like Vader, she is extremely careful with her teeth when taking treats!

Party - Welcome back!

All of your blood type posts reminded me that it was time for me to make my next donation appointment, so the Central Texas Blood & Tissue Center thanks you! Everyone who donates between January 2nd and 15th will be entered into a drawing for dinner at Franklin Barbecue. You can hardly get into that place anymore so I'd be pretty stoked to win that. Made a long-overdue appointment for a haircut too... I've been going to a young woman here in town but I'm not really happy with the cut so this time I'm going back to my guy in Austin.

With our planned ski trip next year, I got on the crosscountry machine yesterday for the first time in awhile. I love it but it takes some time to get a good rhythm back so I only went 15 minutes. It's finally stopped raining so today will be a walk day with Luna, but I'm going to try to do at least a little time on the Nordic Track several times a week in hopes of getting that rhythm back into my muscles.

-Yvonne in TX