WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.53min, 12.1amph, 132mhr, 1.5mi= 77c
    0 RUNNER- 20min, 106ahr, 120mhr, 9.34min mi, lvl8, 10h, 118c, 42l, 2.11mi= 124c
    HELIX Machine- 20.30min, 117ahr, 146mhr, 55arpm,lvl1-7, 2.04mi= 159c
    fl exer- Crunches- 2.18MIN, 1 set of 100, 91mhr, = 11c
    bike ride gym to dome- 5.18min, 16.6amph, 131mhr, 1.4mi= 59c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.19min, 11.9amph, 145mhr, 3mi= 151c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.03min, 9.48min mi, 149mhr, .5mi= 65c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.19min, 148mhr, 9.31min mi, .4mi= 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.30min, 8.4amph, 144mhr, 2.6mi= 177c

total 873
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    NYKaren: Congrats to you and DH

Machka: Crossing my fingers MRI is negative. Sending you healing energy. Rest, and more rest.

Beth: Glad you made it home safely. Hope DS is okay now.

Felicia: Love your pix. I miss Mexico, too. Hope you'll have a guestroom in PdC. B)

I might be buying a pre-owned car in next few days. I've been casually searching, then found 'the one'. Today my mechanic gave it an inspection and declared it 'awesome'. So, now just have to ask seller to shave a few $$$ off the price. It is already below Kelley Blue Book.

Today was my 3rd day of intentionally not working out. The hand feels fine, but instructions say not to lift, push or pull anything over 5 pounds, and to keep it clean and dry. Oh bother. At least I can get on the recumbent bike for a little bit of movement.

Rori
    Still Smiling in 50 degrees in Colorado Foothills
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Michele - invisible yes. But, you always support everyone. I really value your input :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Hi all: DH has been a poop all day today and frayed just about all my nerves. Nothing was right for him today including road construction signs. He complained about everything including the dog, cats and my driving and then chalked it up to he is just "irritable". Well he just needs to get over it. I feel for him, I really do but not so much when he acts like this. Food is going well and I have been able to exercise more consistently. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am planning a small piece of Boston cream cake into my meal plan.

Lisa - I used the CPM with my first knee replacement not with the second. Studies have shown that they do not significantly improve outcomes.

Machka - Hope the hip is not broken.

Beth - So glad you made it safely home.

Tracey - Sending good thoughts for just the right job to show up.

KJ - Glad you got a snow day. Hope you watched that movie.

Rori - Hope things work out so you get the car.

Michelle - Safe travels to SC and have fun.

Allie - Enjoy the day with your DD.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA who is glad she no longer lives in SD where the wind chill is -56*
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Machka! I really hope you’ll think about using a walker around the hose and office. It can keep you from irritating the tissues within the joint more. Pain is to tell us something is wrong. A candor walking stick puts a great deal of strain on the arm involved, which can cause further damage. Have you had a bone density scan?

Beth, I drove straight trucks for 25 years in weather that got pretty scary, but the weight helped a lot now I’m very glad of AWD on my car and available manual shift to a special lower gear. Be very careful. If it isn’t on a main road I dread the chance of being stranded or going off the road. Never had those fears in my truck.

Please, all of you are important to me. I hope you take care no matter how good or bad the weather.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Slowly putting away Christmas decorations.
    It would be much faster if I could get up, stand and walk! 🎄
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    well I have been putting off getting blood work done, so am fasting this morning and will go start the car and get over there early to get in and out.. then over for an oil change and then get my hair cut and colored, thinking of growing it out will ask my girlfriend who is my hairdresser what she thinks
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, another slow start to the work day, I'll take it!

Heather Iove the power of sleep, I always feel it's the best cure all, glad that you've taken a turn for the better, now heal up those aching ribs from all that coughing!

Rori sounds like the used car is a real deal, good luck with the negotiations.

Working with little ones does build up one's immunity (and I get the flu shot) my younger colleagues are all suffering from various bugs right now. Luckily my years in service has made a difference. Purell and lysol are also best friends in my classroom.

NYKAREN
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Kylia - so pleased that Aubrey continues to thrive.

Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Aubrey <3:D
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Glad you are feeling better. I agree with NY Karen that being in the teaching field among children does help you build up immunity.

Rori ~ Congrats on a new to you car. Mine is 11 yrs old and I would love a replacement but not the car payments.

Michele ~ You are not invisible! I glance at your diary sometimes and have always wondered how you can eat 1/4 cup of popcorn and 1/2 a chocolate bran muffin.

Kylia ~ Such good news about Aubrey.

Sue & NY Karen ~ Happy birthday to both of you.

Allie ~ I think you would look good with longer hair.

Hope this is not TMI: My giant Pom had an upset stomach yesterday and gifted us with piles of poop under the antique dining room table. Getting on my knees to clean it up was painful! But, it got done. Now I have to sanitize the floor.

Have a great day everyone!

Carol in GA

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    SueWA- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day Celebrating :)

Allie - I just want to say that you look fantastic! You are doing a great job on your weight loss journey!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did 30MF Plateau Buster DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love’s Revved to the Max DVD.

Rebecca – great loss

M – when it was recommended that Vince use crutches, he felt that he would probably hurt himself even more on them so he used a walker. Maybe that’s something you can use around the house? That’s the LAST thing you need right now (hurting yourself more)

Kelly – I know that in PA if a SOE is declared, only essential (ambulance, fire) vehicles are allowed to be on the road. That’s the only time Vince’s company closed.

Sometimes I, too, feel “invisible”. But then someone makes a comment about one of my posts and I know that I’m not totally invisible. One thing that sort-of bothers me is when someone just “likes” your diary. I don’t know if they truly looked at it or not. But I just assume that they do. I know that I like to look at other’s diaries to get ideas for different foods to have.

Beth – good thoughts for you and your drive. Update: so glad you are safe

Pip – do you have special clothing that you wear while riding when it’s so cold outside?

Grace – I get that way, too. Upset and then I want to eat, eat, eat. When I get that way, what I do sometimes (I know this sounds a bit gross) is have a bit of vinegar. After than, I don’t seem to want anything

Rita – great news about the echo!

Had Newcomer board meeting today. We stayed afterwards and talked to the gal who is the president. She seemed open to the idea of keeping the old directory assuming this guy can maintain it. I can’t see why not since he did it for months. Adra presented this “new” application. Really, the only difference between this one and the one we were using is the wording regarding the new pricing structure. Why did she go thru all that work? Because she’s a control freak.

Rori – I hope you get that car!

Looks like I’ll be going to SC Friday. This one gal from ceramics is driving and I’ll probably get some paint and want to see what this other lady has in stock in ceramic bisq. Well, I originally was going to go to the water aerobics class but I’m not crazy about the substitute teacher so I don’t mind missing. I’ll probably do some HIIT instead.

Michele in NC

Damn straight skippy! Sometimes I layer up. I have to b careful cu sometimes I can overheat so by the time I get home I’m stripping off clothes as fast as I can. When I am on the road, I don’t pull over and take something off to cool down. I will just suck it up til I get home