WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• stltrimom1015
    stltrimom1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Tax forms at work are all done and mailed, and a day early even! I need a happy dance emoji, lol!! Much slower and less stressful here today. Cold front came through last night but it’s not quite as bad as originally predicted. Still cold – high of 25*F today but only 8*F tomorrow after sub-zero temps tonight. I think I’ll put off my early morning swim from tomorrow until Friday when it’ll be a little warmer in the morning.

Interesting discussion about wills, powers of attorney, end of life stuff. My parents got all that settled and put in writing several years ago and then let all of us kids (there are 7 of us) know what they intended. They have decided to leave their bodies to science and wanted to make sure we all knew that for when the time comes. They also have a reverse mortgage so the house stuff is basically taken care of also. My oldest sister will be handling all the paperwork.

DH and I don’t have any actual paperwork in place, but we each know what the other wants. We probably should make that all official. All of our accounts are joint (except for our retirement accounts), so unless we both go at once, that hopefully won’t be an issue. But since he wants nothing to do with our daily finances/taxes/papers (I asked him once what our mortgage, electric, gas payments were just to see if he knew and he had no clue :/ ), if I go before him, he could be in trouble. I have a spreadsheet with most of the passwords, account numbers, balances, etc but should probably update it and make a hard copy just in case the computer crashes. Something to add to my list of things to accomplish during 2019. It’s not something I like to think about - hoping the longevity in my family got passed down to me - but accidents and illnesses happen so it’s best to be prepared.

Janet in eastern MO
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lanette I’m fessin’ up, ‘‘twas my bday this past weekend. You all might remember that my DH and I have the same b’day and we decided to make it our wedding day as well. So.... happy Birth-iversary ;) to us!

Funny that we are discussing legal estate decisions of late here. We are helping DH’s mom redo her will as well as our own. You just never know and at least you’ll have the basics set up.

Stay warm and safe everyone. NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    NY Karen - <3<3 HAPPY BIRTH-IVERSARY <3<3 to you and your DH! Thanks for fessin' up!

B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bbb
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy National Kazoo Day!

"Alabama Vest of Macon Georgia made the first Kazoo in the 1840's. Actually, he conceived the Kazoo, and had Thaddeus Von Clegg, a German clockmaster make it to his specifications. Commercial production of the Kazoo didn't occur until many years later in 1912. Manufacturing was first started by Emil Sorg in Western New York. Sorg joined up with Michael McIntyre, a Buffalo tool and die maker. Production moved to Eden, NY where the factory museum remains today."

Machka - Those dry, windy days are scary! Hope they are able to control that bushfire soon.

Rori - Way to plan ahead for your surgery!

Sue - I think you're right. We know what we think we'd want, but until we're staring that situation right in the face we can't really know for sure. I've been looking into donating our bodies to one of the local medical schools, but it sounds like kind of an uncertain thing. Various circumstances could end up disqualifying us, leaving our heirs to come up with a different solution, so I think we'll probably just do prepaid cremation plans.

Michele - What a beautiful glossy finish on Sylvester!

Lisa - I was in Camp Fire, which has been co-ed for years now. Sister was a Girl Scout and brother was a Boy Scout, so we had the scouting programs covered! All those programs can offer such great experiences, especially for "city kids" like I was. Wo-he-lo.

Karen - Happy belated birthday!

I've been doing pretty well on my own here at the river house, except that it's hard to get my steps in because there's not much of anywhere to go. So I'm falling below my goal, but Luna and I have been taking several walks a day. Tomorrow the contractors who will be working on the foundation will arrive. My brother got here today and my sister and brother-in-law will be here later in the week. It's a little frustrating, because I hadn't intended for the foundation work to turn into a spectator event. It'll be good to have a visit, but I just hope I can keep them all out of the contractor's hair!

-Yvonne in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    NYKAREN Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary! <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    NYKaren- Happy Birth-iversary <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    NYKaren-Happy Birthday-versary...I'm in bed watching fixer upper and will go to sleep in a bit.

• trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I had my phone die at the bottom of the last, so my immortal (immoral?) Musings won't be heard today. Machka, stay safe and be ready to pull out if need be. All of you in the Pokar Vortex, or just where it's very anything, stay safe, warm, dry, hydrated, fed, or whatever. Birthdays and anniversaries, congratulations on making it this long.

It's lovely and sunny here east of Seattle today. The cats are out in the Sunporch charging their batteries to keep me warm when cruel Mr. Programmable Thermostat turns the heat down. Why do I hear a dialogue in my head of Little Nell and the Cruel Landlord when I say that?

I am losing faster than I ever imagined was safely possible. I'll post some more photos on here when I can get someone to take them. Over 20# since mid-December!

Next Time I'll Heed the 10% battery Warning Sharon Near Seattle
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Aaaaa
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.49min, 12.3amph, 137mhr, 1.6mi= 84c
    manual treadmill, walk/slow jog- 14.48min, 123ahr, 133mhr, 1mi= 134c
    ELIPTICAL- 19.58min, 135mhr, 117ahr, 2-3incl, 2-4resist, 2mi= 148c
    Floor exer- 4.20min, 1set of 15ea, 4 diff exercises, 99mhr= 22c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.33min, 137mhr, 16amph, 1.4mi= 65c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.56min, 12.2amph, 144mhr, 3mi= 160c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.48min, 9.21min mi, 149mhr, .5mi= 70c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.21min, 9.24min mi, 149mhr, .4mi= 61c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.36min, 8.4amph, 115aw, 148mhr, 2.6mi= 178c

total cal 923
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Peak 10 More Cardio DVD. I really like her DVD’s because the time seems to go so fast. Before I knew it, we were in the cool down section. We have a Newcomer board meeting at this gal’s house (the one that I play mahjongg at) so the plan for tomorrow is to do the 30MF Plateau Buster DVD.

This should be a very interesting meeting. Evidently, this one gal is supposed to propose a new application form. I just know the president is going to think it’s the greatest thing since chicken soup. I am suspecting that it’ll be VERY limiting. Plus, probably the reason I wasn’t involved in this at all is because I would have said “how limiting can you get?”

M – please stay safe

Barbara – knitting while biking? I would be afraid that I’d get the yarn caught in the pedals. Just the other day I was making a scarf and someone came to the door. Well, the yarn got caught around my legs. By the time I could get myself free and answer the door, they thought that I wasn’t home and were leaving!

Grace – welcome

Went to the yarn place around here. The lady helped me start the Christmas stocking for Denise. It’ll be a while before I finish it. But at least it’s started. I was having trouble starting it just because a single crochet is such a small stitch. She got 2 rows done and I think I can handle the rest. Thank you for the suggestion, barbie. Then to WalMart to pick up a few things, then the vets office to get a can of moist food for Lexi only the girl gave me the wrong kind. So we’ll have to take it back.

Just found out that the library his a cricut-knock-off machine. Remember I told you that Denise asked me to make the favors for the shower? Well, if I want to put some sort of tag on it, they can cut it out for me on this machine.

Grrrr….The only thing I’m scheduled to do at the church for the month of Feb. is usher. This is getting ridiculous. I told the gal AGAIN that I haven’t lectored on a Saturday since October of 2017.

Barbara – if the wedding shower was anything to judge by, there will only be something like 20 people at the baby shower. To me, I would try to make a real effort to get to a wedding shower, not so much a baby shower. Actually, I never had a baby shower which was just fine by me. I didn’t want a wedding shower but my father’s wife gave one to me, and I know why. She wanted to invite her friends and she was hoping that I’d feel guilty and invite them to the wedding. Didn’t happen.

NYKaren – happy birthday and anniversary

Allie – good for you!

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    :)Michele, my exercise bike is a recumbent bike with the pedals sticking out in front. There is a back rest so I am slightly inclined and the container with my yarn is right below my elbows on the floor. There is no way the yarn can get caught in the pedals. I pedal at a relaxed rate (it's not a spinning class) so I am active the whole time I'm watching TV but under control. I love to watch TV but hate to just sit so this is a perfect combination for me.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Carol thanks for looking so closely at the tag line, you're helping me to be accountable! Tonight, I was tired and didn't want to do this morning's postponed meditation and knee exercises. Something about doing SWSY on the same day as line dance class just wipes me out. Got down on the floor anyway, wanted to make those two numbers at least keep going up. Didn't think anyone would notice, now I know! Thank you!
    Kim what a name change nightmare!
    NYKaren belated happy annivirthday!
    Rita healthy looking choices!
    Allie put in new deadbolt by yourself (with Dad's help from beyond) You ROCK galfriend!
    Katla, Can't take credit for the "nobody wants to go now" quote, Kenny Chesney with the Wailers song written by Marty Dodson & Jim Collins.
    Kylia 10 year olds co-ed wrestling? :noway:
    Rebecca Yay YOU!
    Machka I really REALLY hope your hip is not fractured.

Oh. Bed is going to feel so GOOD!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 27/31, 60 g protein 27/31, rx/vits 26/31, meditate 28/31, knee exercises 28/31, SWSY UP 8/9, SWSY LOW 8/9, core 8/9, play with Tumble 11/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 21/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    01/29 LT: SWSY-Y MT: ST: reconcile ck acct, pay bills-Y ST: Tumble loose leash practice-Y