WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Last day of super cold. We had four days of no school. Never had that many days off. We will be in the thirties by Saturday a 70 degree swing.

:heart: Margaret
  • Graceandmiracles
    Graceandmiracles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Because of the cat I was up too early and feel poopy. I must be cautious and stay on guard or I’ll overeat. Just finished cup of water and cup of organic yogurt and a serving of baby carrots and more sweetened iced coffee than normal. Did get workout done. 817 calories remaining. I’ve been at 1000 calories plus exercise so about 1200 and having trouble losing. I’m 5 foot two, 123.8lbs, with small frame and it’s just too hard for me to lose weight above 900 calories. Charts say I should be 107-140. I’d like to be 115-118 but not sure that’s realistic. Thoughts?

Thanks for the e-support about the move. My husband was replaced with an alien last night as he came home from work cheerful and was talkative and friendly to the real estate agent. I asked no questions! This morning was another story.....new cat(stray)keeps waking us up at wee hours of the morning for food. Husbands had it and is threatening the animal shelter. So I ordered an automatic feeder and will set for a couple times during the night. Normally I’d throw her outside when she does that but it’s below zero so not happening. Supposedly she will get used to the feeder and learn to know when food is coming. Praying.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( Yesterday I got hit with the "bug" that Jake had on Sunday. I walked the dogs for two hours in the morning, showered, rode the exercise bike for awhile and was suddenly sleepy and nauseous. I threw up my breakfast and spent the rest of the day sleeping and getting up to throw up again. I am slightly better today. Now I'm going back to bed.

take care of yourself
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Because of the cat I was up too early and feel poopy. I must be cautious and stay on guard or I’ll overeat. Just finished cup of water and cup of organic yogurt and a serving of baby carrots and more sweetened iced coffee than normal. Did get workout done. 817 calories remaining. I’ve been at 1000 calories plus exercise so about 1200 and having trouble losing. I’m 5 foot two, 123.8lbs, with small frame and it’s just too hard for me to lose weight above 900 calories. Charts say I should be 107-140. I’d like to be 115-118 but not sure that’s realistic. Thoughts?

Thanks for the e-support about the move. My husband was replaced with an alien last night as he came home from work cheerful and was talkative and friendly to the real estate agent. I asked no questions! This morning was another story.....new cat(stray)keeps waking us up at wee hours of the morning for food. Husbands had it and is threatening the animal shelter. So I ordered an automatic feeder and will set for a couple times during the night. Normally I’d throw her outside when she does that but it’s below zero so not happening. Supposedly she will get used to the feeder and learn to know when food is coming. Praying.

Yes. We have a feeder for our cat, and she does anticipate when it will come on.

Once we get near our goal weight, it can be really tough to lose. It could take a long while still. Sorry

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Dear Lanette, thank you, I am happy for my loss as well.👍. My middle son and DID are doing well! She's expecting in May, so this next weekend they are flying down to Vacaville, California where her parents still reside. They are going to have a baby shower there. I received an invite, but with traveling and $, my son understands we can't attend. I get worried sometimes, with those two living in the heart of the measles outbreak down there! But they're both vaccinated so my son says its fine. Hopefully by May the authorities can get a handle on the Vancouver area!
    Oh saw in the Seattle Times, that Oak Harbor ranks #2 as safest city in Washington! Yay! You need to look up your city for *kitten* and giggles!
    Have a great day!
    💗Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Grace))) You are a good daughter. I suspect things will work out well in the long run, but right now it is a big ball of stress. I hope you’re able to get a healthy amount of rest as you go through the steps. Fatigue and stress combined are a recipe for trouble. :flowerforyou:

Rita: Good news on your predicted longevity. You must be doing something right! :wink:

Machka: Sending good wishes for your MRI results. Whatever they show will help you to make better personal health decisions. :heart:

Kim: I like your advice about keeping passwords off of our computers. You are a wise woman. :star:

Sue in WA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :flowerforyou:

Machka: I know you are used to a higher level of activity, so this change of pace might make you feel cheated. Taking care of yourself now and getting a good amount of rest may turn out to be a good strategy and help you return to your active lifestyle sooner. :heart:

Barbie: I’m so sorry that you caught Jake’s bug. I hope you are feeling better soon. :heart:

Heather: Do you have a vaporizer? It is something we’ve always had around and really helps when we’re congested. Boiling water as you would for tea would also be helpful. :flowerforyou:

Sending warm thoughts for everyone in extreme freezing temperatures. We’ve been lucky so far. Our lowest predicted temperature is 24F on Monday. That makes us very lucky. Our adult children both live in cold temperatures right now. My daughter in IL stayed home from work. It was a wise choice.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the KUDOS! But I’m not done yet! Feb. docs; mamo next week, blood work for thyroid Med check, stress test, then review of all of this with my PC. Phew!!!
    Hope I’m done after that!

Meanwhile I’m sitting at cardio with DH for him to be checked. We will see what that brings!

Yesterday brought Wicket (youngest shi-tzu) to doc and Chewy (12 year old) to get. Chewy for thyroid recheck: Wicket for yearly and books work b/c she is not acting normal. Found out Wicket had two infected teeth with one loose. So she had to stay all day. They ended up pulling two teeth and find out results of both dogs blood work today.

Doctors 3 days this week!!!

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Ps... breakfast today was Bulletproof Coffee. The recipe sounds gross but I add Stevia and it tastes pretty good!

Rita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Bulletproof Coffee:
    Ingredients
    1 cup hot coffee freshley brewed
    2 tbsp unsalted butter
    1 tbsp MCT oil or coconut oil
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Sue, happy birthday and I'm thinking of you as you and your husband deal with his illness. It's rough.
    Karen, in NY... a happy birthday to you also.

Allie and Rebecca,,,,wow on your weight loss. I'm amazed at you both and so many others who are successful with their weight programs.

Hope people dealing with illness and injury see better times....and feeling for people in the extreme weather happening is so many places.

Wishing everyone a good end to January. Hard to believe today is the last day of January. I did keep up with my exercise and food journal....both big successes for me. No weight loss but will work on that in February and I didn't gain so I'm happy.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    For all u Washington peeps, kirby and I r doing the viaduct run in Seattle this Saturday before it opens up to traffic. Supposed to b around 25k people doing it. They r letting people start in stages, corrals they call it, we r in corral #5.

Oh it’s supposed to snow Sunday and Monday, yeayyyyyy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    afternoon and late morning and evening ladies~
    Oh Barbie~ all I can say is YUCK!! feel better soon..
    I have been sneezing all day and bought some lemon and echinacea tea having a cup now...
    got my hair did... a tad darker brown without red in it, and yes we will grow it out will probably take till july or longer, but thats ok...she has been my friend for years and love her so...
    Mary~ thanks honey I am sure trying hard, I cant compare to some people that have lost 15-20 lbs in a month,im doing what I need to do and feel so much better...
    Pip~ good luck to you and Kirby I admire your fitness level both of you,,
    If I could figure out how to post darn pictures from my phone I would post of picture of Alfie, he rolled around on my bed and had static cling his ear hair is flyin all over. if some of you are friends with me on Facebook I posted it there lol, crazy dog... ,have laundry going and the dishwasher going.. and might try and bake some Keto bread.. wish me luck with that..
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Sharon near Seattle ... I have the greatest respect for truck drivers in the winter! Can't imagine it. During what turned out to be an official blizzard in Buffalo, they directed trucks off of the thruways onto secondary roads and sure enough ... those trucks were jack-knifed all over the place. Not sure it was such a good idea.

Come to find out that I was driving during the absolute worst part of the storm when they actually called in the plow trucks (which are huge in Buffalo) because they couldn't even see their own plows. Today is windy but the sun is shining. As we still had travel bans this morning, both my husband and I stayed home from work and decided to work at clearing snow.

Barbie, Heather and everyone else dealing with the crud ... get well soon!

Kylia ... great news that Aubrey continues to improve. It's an exciting day when the grandparents can finally hold their grandchild!

It has been a good month for me with my health goals. Will update tomorrow!

Beth near Buffalo

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    thanks Carol.... isn't he a hoot? he is a banana head that's for sure
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Mary~ thanks honey I am sure trying hard, I cant compare to some people that have lost 15-20 lbs in a month,im doing what I need to do and feel so much better...

People our size can't compare to others. (Well, really. None of us should compare our progress to anyone else, irrespective of size.) We just need to do what is right for us and be happy losing what we can knowing that we have done what is safe for us. You are doing such a great job.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon