Internet Woo

Options

Replies

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    @mph323 wrote.... Oh, and I wanted to add - does anyone else remember back in the 70's (and maybe later) every single diet in every single woman's magazine started off with a 1200 calorie goal for everyone? Except for the one's that out at 900 and you worked your way up. No wonder no one ever kept off any weight they happened to lose.[/quote]

I remember in the 1960s when going on a diet meant not eating any carbs or fat and you had to live off 'rabbit food' lol....if you went to the doctor to lose weight you were given a 1000 calorie a day diet sheet. It didn't matter how tall, young or what sex you were it was 1000 a day for everyone lol..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Don't feel bad, I got woo'ed when I shared my favorite chili recipe.

Does it have peanut butter in it?

That actually sounds like it could be good. People put cocoa in chili sometimes, right?

I put cocoa in chili, and have put peanut butter in soup that also includes tomato** . . . so why not? ;)

** Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque, an actual recipe, something I rarely use. And it was good.

You can get woo-ed for anything around here, especially once you get a woo-stalker(s). I've gotten woo-ed for my breakfast, or even for providing a relevant but pretty innocuous link (I think it was to the "best weight training program" thread or something like that). Still only up to 793 woos as of this moment, though.

LOL.

It's true you get woo'ed for the most strangely innocuous things sometimes. I've noticed I'll get one or two that will pop up at random on the most straightforward posts you can think of days after the post. I just imagine I'm being visited by a woo'ing Santa...a creepy, creepy Santa bearing a bag full of woo's for those who didn't eat the right WOE's.

It helps me sleep at night.

Check under your bed.

What about in his closet, in his head?

If you sleep with one eye open, whilst firmly gripping your pillow, you should be good.

You'll be right off to never-never land.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    First, I would like to give Cancer a big ''F U!!!!!!'' not enough exclamation points exist for this. Second, saw a *kitten* on Dragons den claiming his product cures cancer. he got booted asap. Third, nobody knows *kitten* about what causes cancer, I think everything does, considering the rising cases. I lost my dad, he was 67, I lost 8 other family members in their 40's. The list goes on. I am happy OP survived, and wish strength to all those in the fight. Sorry about the rant, I hear cancer, I see red.

I've lost several people to cancer myself, and watched my mom go through it and survive. I understand.

It really baffles me how many people prey on cancer patients with thier snake oil products. Plus it really does seem like everything causes cancer these days.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »

I havent personally given crap advice from a medical professional. (unless you count the times they told me I had a cold when it was really bacterial bronchitis, or that time they wanted a chest xray to check for SARs when I really had a kidney infection). This last year my FIL was expiriencing a new severe allergy that always showed up when he was swathing his alfalfa fields. Logic would dictate it's probably alfalfa. He was given a blood allergy test, and told his severe allergy was dogs. The dogs he's lived with for years and can rub his face in with nothing worse then a sneeze. Here's the kicker. He was told he was too old to develop new allergies, and that it couldnt be the alfalfa! He hired someone to do his alfalfa hay for him, and they ultimately sold the farm. Dogs stayed. No more hives and face swelling.

TOTAL bullsh#t. I'm 53, and I've developed several new allergies in the last two years.

You can develop new ones or just be exposed to new things to which you were allergic all along.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I think I found a troll buddy! One month ago, I was barely at 100 woo's...I am now up to 205. So much woo and all because I said peanut butter is a calorie dense food.

You requested all the woo. I may be responsible for 5-10 of them. I was trying to be helpful, but I did not go so far as to stalk your posts to do it. I did hug-stalk @Tacklewasher though. :laugh:

Yeah, like I'd notice a few more hugs, with all that @pinuplove and @quiksylver296 have given me..

309293x04aeh.png

I still haven't figured out how to find this

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    I think I found a troll buddy! One month ago, I was barely at 100 woo's...I am now up to 205. So much woo and all because I said peanut butter is a calorie dense food.

You requested all the woo. I may be responsible for 5-10 of them. I was trying to be helpful, but I did not go so far as to stalk your posts to do it. I did hug-stalk @Tacklewasher though. :laugh:

Yeah, like I'd notice a few more hugs, with all that @pinuplove and @quiksylver296 have given me..

309293x04aeh.png

In the drop down box for your forum notifications, click "All notifications" and it takes you to a new screen with all your notifications. It's right at the top.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

309293x04aeh.png

In the drop down box for your forum notifications, click "All notifications" and it takes you to a new screen with all your notifications. It's right at the top.

If you don't have any notifications then there is no "All Notifications" option. The direct link to the summary is...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/notifications

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

309293x04aeh.png

If you don't have any notifications then there is no "All Notifications" option. The direct link to the summary is...

Yeah, but now she has 2, ok never mind 3, notifications :wink:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

309293x04aeh.png

And so do I, thanks to the tag way upthread :laugh:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

You requested all the woo. I may be responsible for 5-10 of them. I was trying to be helpful, but I did not go so far as to stalk your posts to do it. I did hug-stalk Tacklewasher though. :laugh:

309293x04aeh.png

And so do I, thanks to the tag way upthread :laugh:

Amazing how that happens