Internet Woo

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I can't find a health oriented random text generator.....

I think those spam link posts that show up late at night from (it appears) non-English speaking countries must have such a thing . . . at least they read that way. Keep looking! ;)

With the of shining brighter from appearanceness of good health, building the male muscles and woman beauty is most respective of new discovery of science, now for you to be informed at <make up your own URL>, etc.

That's google translate for you.

Take a text in a language.
    Translate it to Korean.
    Then Chinese.
    Then Japanese.
    Then French.
    Maybe add Italian and Spanish.
    Then translate it back to the original language.

Here it is with the simple little text above:

bearers of text from the language
    Please ignore the Korean language.
    So the Chinese.
    So Japanese
    So French.
    You can add Italian and Spanish
    So you translate it into the original language.

I didn't change the text at all. All I did was take the output, used it as input and change the language for the next output...

LOL. My Monday night trivia league does this occasionally with movie titles. The question is a movie title that gets translated through at least 2 languages, then back to English. We have to answer with the original.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I think those spam link posts that show up late at night from (it appears) non-English speaking countries must have such a thing . . . at least they read that way. Keep looking! ;)

With the of shining brighter from appearanceness of good health, building the male muscles and woman beauty is most respective of new discovery of science, now for you to be informed at <make up your own URL>, etc.

Translate it to Korean.
    Then Chinese.
    Then Japanese.
    Then French.

So the Chinese.
    So Japanese
    So French.

I didn't change the text at all. All I did was take the output, used it as input and change the language for the next output...

LOL. My Monday night trivia league does this occasionally with movie titles. The question is a movie title that gets translated through at least 2 languages, then back to English. We have to answer with the original.

Okay, here's one for you (Went English-Welsh-Greek-German-English): Based on the Gender
  • earlnabby
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Translate it to Korean.
    Then Chinese.
    Then Japanese.
    Then French.

So the Chinese.
    So Japanese
    So French.

Okay, here's one for you (Went English-Welsh-Greek-German-English): Based on the Gender

"About a Boy"?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    "On the Basis of Sex"
  • earlnabby
    Options
    LOL. Good thing we are a team.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Going with "oil pulling" to reverse cavities/regrow teeth (I kid you not)...by hippy logic coconut oil can stimulate bone growth (><). #Coconut oil > Stem Cells according to hippies
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I havent personally given crap advice from a medical professional. (unless you count the times they told me I had a cold when it was really bacterial bronchitis, or that time they wanted a chest xray to check for SARs when I really had a kidney infection). This last year my FIL was expiriencing a new severe allergy that always showed up when he was swathing his alfalfa fields. Logic would dictate it's probably alfalfa. He was given a blood allergy test, and told his severe allergy was dogs. The dogs he's lived with for years and can rub his face in with nothing worse then a sneeze. Here's the kicker. He was told he was too old to develop new allergies, and that it couldnt be the alfalfa! He hired someone to do his alfalfa hay for him, and they ultimately sold the farm. Dogs stayed. No more hives and face swelling.

TOTAL bullsh#t. I'm 53, and I've developed several new allergies in the last two years.

• smantha32
    Options
    OneRatGirl wrote: »
    I was told by an endocrinologist years ago that as an obese woman with PCOS, it would be impossible to lose any weight (bar a few pounds) without a gastric band or bypass.

My Dad was told by a doctor a year or so ago that when you're over 40, exercise can't help with weight loss at all. Not even if you run miles per day.
    Dad initially thought he just meant that diet was the bigger factor, nope, apparently exercise magically stops burning calories the day you turn 40! 😐

I'm living proof that's not true.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »

I havent personally given crap advice from a medical professional. (unless you count the times they told me I had a cold when it was really bacterial bronchitis, or that time they wanted a chest xray to check for SARs when I really had a kidney infection). This last year my FIL was expiriencing a new severe allergy that always showed up when he was swathing his alfalfa fields. Logic would dictate it's probably alfalfa. He was given a blood allergy test, and told his severe allergy was dogs. The dogs he's lived with for years and can rub his face in with nothing worse then a sneeze. Here's the kicker. He was told he was too old to develop new allergies, and that it couldnt be the alfalfa! He hired someone to do his alfalfa hay for him, and they ultimately sold the farm. Dogs stayed. No more hives and face swelling.

TOTAL bullsh#t. I'm 53, and I've developed several new allergies in the last two years.

Very true, simply moving to a new region can invoke allergies to allergens in which one has not been exposed to.
  • smantha32
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »

Very true, simply moving to a new region can invoke allergies to allergens in which one has not been exposed to.

I haven't even moved and suddenly I can't eat things I used to be able to. boo. lol

• Keto_Vampire
    Options
    Yes, even eating the same foods over time can result in allergies/intolerance. Age is nothing absolute in regards to allergies
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Going with "oil pulling" to reverse cavities/regrow teeth (I kid you not)...by hippy logic coconut oil can stimulate bone growth (><). #Coconut oil > Stem Cells according to hippies

Hey!! I'm an (aging) hippie . . . we are Just. Not. That. Stupid.

That came after us. Totally taking the generational blame for "love the one you're with", getting in tune with the cosmic ubersoul, and a bunch of other Really Dumb Stuff. But oil pulling was after us drug-hugging free-lovers, so someone later needs to take the blame.

Peace! :flowerforyou:

;)

Love this! I'm also an aging hippie. My daughter is a 30 year old hippie. Her and many of her friends believe that marijuana cures cancer, inoculations are dangerous and many more. The woo is deep! Luckily I was able to talk her into getting her daughter's shots.

Btw my cosmic ubersoul is a real thing. 😁
  • Keto_Vampire
    Options

That came after us. Totally taking the generational blame for "love the one you're with", getting in tune with the cosmic ubersoul, and a bunch of other Really Dumb Stuff. But oil pulling was after us drug-hugging free-lovers, so someone later needs to take the blame.

;)

Sorry, that's Millennial hippies
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

;)

Sorry, that's Millennial hippies

Aren't those called hipsters?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

;)

I was at Woodstock, so... :D

No freaking oil pulling in my generation.