AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    5 days to go!!! Yippie!!!

So exciting, big happy life milestone: Yay! 😊
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

Count 'em down, my friend. And after this Friday, a long (really long) weekend. HAHA! 😁
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    🥳🥳🥂🥂💃💃
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member

Enjoy your final week and congratulations on your new chapter.
  • trekkie123
    ☺️thanks!!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member

That's almost what I say.... :) I say "5 years to go!" And I also say, I'm kind of jealous!

Wishing you all the best and lots of fun on your new adventures.
  • trekkie123
    Thank you!
  • trekkie123
    Thanks Dave! I have a feeling I’m gonna be having the time of my life! I absolutely loved my career and wouldn’t have changed a thing, but now it’s time for me. Best of luck on your weight loss goals.
    Glad to he here to cheer you on!
  • trekkie123
    I have a feeling that I will feel the same Barb.
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    I hope there's some KC Chiefs fans here! It's going to be the coldest day of the winter so far in KC with a forecast low of 8 so will probably be celebrating with some adult hot cocoa!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Adult hot cocoa! I like your style, @teresadannar! 👍☕
  • DavWillTry
    DavWillTry Posts: 76 Member
    Hmm adult hot chocolate! What an idea for day #3 of glorious retirement! Thanks for the idea Teresa!

3 days and you aren't considering going back to work yet due to boredom? Great news, trekkie123! Glad you are enjoying your new status. :)
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Hmm adult hot chocolate! What an idea for day #3 of glorious retirement! Thanks for the idea Teresa!

You bet! Hope you enjoy.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    I seem to be making it here at least once a month now that I am working full-time again. I got the 1st dose of the vaccine and am due for the next in a few more weeks. This weekend we had to replace our bathroom scale and it is showing me 5 lbs heavier than our last one which we knew weighed us a pound heavier than the one at the gym which we trusted more since ours changed depending on where you put it. I just decided it wouldn't hurt to just accept the weight for this new scale and if I have to get rid of an extra 5 lbs it won't hurt me in the end. I worked so hard to get 20 lbs down this past year and have been fighting not to gain since I started back to work. Oh well.

@Machdude I don’t think maintaining is that much different than losing.

@trekkie123 Congratulations, we are not yet ready for retirement but we are preparing for it. My job is a limited time contract and I am hoping either for a few months extension when it ends or to be ready for retirement by then. Enjoy.

@LisaGetsMoving I was furloughed in March and this past summer was laid off so I too considered whether to retire earlier than planned but in looking at our retirement planning I felt it wasn’t the best way to go. So I started looking and found an even better job than my last in terms of job title, pay and benefits and I am working remotely. It was the 2nd job I applied for. It is giving us time to get better prepared. When I set up my home office I was also setting up my art room for when I retire. I have been starting small sketches for planned artwork in my free time.

@RetiredAndLovingIt A farm sounds lovely now.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @KeriA It is just a small one where dh grew up, mostly timber & pasture. But relaxing to be there. We also got our first doses a week ago.
  • trekkie123
    Keri- whenever you do finally make the decision, I’m sure you won’t look back! Starting my second week and loving every moment!
    Lia- glad you’re enjoying the new position!