60 yrs and up

Replies

• freedomlass
    freedomlass Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone, it's been a very long time since I used this site and looking back it's been 4 years :o but I'm back and can see looking around there have been a number of changes, I'm trying to update 'My Foods' section but so far I am failing as I want to remove certain items I had saved previously but will no longer use but I can't find how to delete them, if you can. I am 64y now with my birthday in June and during this last 12 months of Covid like a lot of others have been shielding so this is partly to blame for my weight gain and now have so much to loose it's going to take me a long time to get there, over the last 12 months I have had health issues and am currently waiting for an op but I know that will be delayed due to everything that going on so exercise is limited, I suffer with COPD and Osteoarthritis in most joints throughout, in fact I have just joined the 'Lets move with Leon' via the Verses Arthritis site and should get my first exercise video next week, just hoping it will help, I must say though so nobody thinks I'm being ignorant, I am not a regular poster but I will be popping every few days in here, obviously everyday to track what I'm doing, but if anyone knows how to delete items from the 'My Foods' list that would be a great help.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Just checking in. Have an awesome day, all!
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    @freedomlass to delete foods from tracker:
    click on food tab
    click on a meal tab
    click add food
    scroll to food you won't be needing and check that box
    click the tab DELETE FROM LIST
    click OK to are you sure you want to delete from list prompt
  • freedomlass
    freedomlass Posts: 17 Member
    @j29t thanks for that but not what I'm really looking for as I know I can remove and item from both the recent and frequent lists, what I can't do is remove them from the My Foods or Meals tabs, I originally added them there years ago but the meals and individual items I no longer have I wanted to delete them so they don't appear anymore, saves me either scrolling through a long list of items I don't want...............thanks anyway.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    If you click food diary, then click my meals on the top, find the meal you want to delete, click on it & below it there should be a box that says delete meal. Click this & it will say are you sure, click OK & it should take it out.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Yea a group of fellow seasoned people. I will 74 soon and need to get down 45 lbs by doctors direction. I have been here on more than one occasion in my life. I feel like an old car, one thing breaks down gets fixed and something else breaks. Count me in.
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    @carlaringuette, sending positive waves your way, you & your husband are going through so much. It's good that you are thinking about your own health. Good health is even more important to you now!
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Hey Steve, hope you're doing alright...I'm just now coming out of the Super Bowl loss funk....
  • clareshard59
    clareshard59 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello I am 62 and been completely out of control re food and drink for the past 15 months leading to a massive weight gain on an already overweight body! i would love to join a group that members of a similar age to me, how do I join?
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Hello I am 62 and been completely out of control re food and drink for the past 15 months leading to a massive weight gain on an already overweight body! i would love to join a group that members of a similar age to me, how do I join?

Hi Clare, I think you just did. :) But don't quote me on that. I'm mostly a lurker who once in a blue moon pops in to say something. Regardless, welcome.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Hi to all. I am really having a hard time. Just finished first two weeks and been on point each day but the scale hasn't moved. Very discouraged. Sounds I never use all my calories or go over nutrient levels I'm wondering if I am not eating enough. I am usually around 800 to 1,000 calories. Not because I try but am appetite is just lower. Any advice will be welcome. Hope you are all having a good week.
  • InHimLin
    InHimLin Posts: 22 Member
    Please add me to the group. I lost 60 pounds by following the Starch Solution program by Dr. John MacDougal a few years ago and have gained 20 pounds back. I am 70, retired last year, and moved across the country. I want to lose a total of 50 pounds. Looking forward to getting to know you and will check in every day.
  • glojlilly
    glojlilly Posts: 313 Member
    Hello, I'm 62. I just rejoined. Became a widow in 2018 and lost some motivation. Still working but have low energy at home. I'm 5'6" and weigh 176. My goal is 156. Please add me to chat or to just say hi occasionally. I'm a christian, handywoman, pretty good cook and love reading New information on vitamins and health.
  • InHimLin
    I believe an official group has to be formed, at least that's how it was when I joined a group several years ago. The group name showed on the right side of the Community page. I remember we were able to respond to each person individually and it would show up under their post. For example, if you read my post sometime tomorrow, several people may respond to this post and they would all show up directly under this post and you wouldn't have to look for them. I hope that makes sense. :)
  • InHimLin
    glojlilly wrote: »
    Hello, I'm 62. I just rejoined. Became a widow in 2018 and lost some motivation. Still working but have low energy at home. I'm 5'6" and weigh 176. My goal is 156. Please add me to chat or to just say hi occasionally. I'm a christian, handywoman, pretty good cook and love reading New information on vitamins and health.

Hello: I just joined too. Sorry for your loss. I'm a christian too. Nice to meet you. Linda
  • InHimLin
    anawake13 wrote: »
    Hi to all. I am really having a hard time. Just finished first two weeks and been on point each day but the scale hasn't moved. Very discouraged. Sounds I never use all my calories or go over nutrient levels I'm wondering if I am not eating enough. I am usually around 800 to 1,000 calories. Not because I try but am appetite is just lower. Any advice will be welcome. Hope you are all having a good week.

I believe MFP shows the calories should be at least 1200. You may want to check with a moderator with more knowledge about this. Good luck!
  • glojlilly
    glojlilly Posts: 313 Member
    InHimLin wrote: »

Hello: I just joined too. Sorry for your loss. I'm a christian too. Nice to meet you. Linda

Hello: Thank you for the greeting and condolence. Nice to meet you as well. I am Gloria.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Hang in there folks! It's a slow and steady journey. The problem that most of us have a hard time facing is that this weight issue is our life long nemesis! And the worst part is it won't go away! We just have some periods that are better than others. All we can do is keep on keeping on.......the little engine that could!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing.

(Also, you've got this!)