60 yrs and up

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    anawake13 wrote: »
    Just curious I have a friend (not on here) who has lost 40 lbs and swears it's the Apple cider vinegar she drinks every night. Claims she drops a pound a day. I finally succumbed and tried it a few days and all I got was a stomachache. I know there is no quick fix but an experiment non the less. Any one ever tried this? Guess I will stick to my Elmm diet Eat Less Move More. Know it works, maybe slow but steady.

Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss or any other medical miracle cure is bunkum. Ancient bunkum.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Good point of view regarding Apple cider vinegar. I thought it might be that my stomach was so upset I couldn't eat for two days. Lol
  • MargaretYakoda
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just curious I have a friend (not on here) who has lost 40 lbs and swears it's the Apple cider vinegar she drinks every night. Claims she drops a pound a day. I finally succumbed and tried it a few days and all I got was a stomachache. I know there is no quick fix but an experiment non the less. Any one ever tried this? Guess I will stick to my Elmm diet Eat Less Move More. Know it works, maybe slow but steady.

I drink ACV daily (for reasons unrelated to weight loss, and somewhat speculative).

During weight loss, I drank it for weeks at a time, then stopped for many weeks (due to another health issue, not caused by ACV, but symptoms of which were aggravated by it).

I calorie counted through weeks of daily ACV, then weeks of no ACV. Same calorie goals, same eating patterns, same exercise.

Zero difference in weight loss rate, with or without ACV.

ACV doesn't give me a stomachache or any other bad effects (except during that time when there was another problem it aggravated). In fact, I quite like it.

If ACV gives your friend a stomachache - or makes her feel full or something - maybe it makes her eat less.

Studies of the question have mixed results. Most IMU show no effect. A few show a tiny effect (at most).

Way not worth it, if it gives you a stomachache. Personally, I wouldn't drink it if I didn't like it, but I do.

Apple Cider Vinegar does contain vitamin C and I think B vitamins?

And if you like it there’s no harm in drinking some.

But it’s not medicine. And if it gives you a stomach ache it’s probably best to avoid it.
    Get your vitamins elsewhere.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I like the idea of the Elmm diet, lol. Gives it a “fancy” name.
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Malimalai wrote: »
    Checking in : My doctor told me I have high cholesterol and I'm low on Vitamin D. So I'm cutting down on bad fat and I'm using good fat but less of them now. I have to do more exercise and I need to get out more in the sun too.@jem594 , welcome and thanks for the fat joke ! 🤣

thanks very much :D
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    edited August 2021
    sijomial wrote: »
    c61f6zuqwjbm.jpg

Happy Birthday! Grandchildren are the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Enjoy! (BTW: awesome cake!)
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,192 Member

I tried it but didnt like it.
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Hi ladies. I've been reading comments here but this is my first time asking a question. I'm 60 yrs old. I've lost 75lbs and I am feeling incredible! I'm down to 144lbs and a size 10 is a little to big but I can't imagine actually wearing a an 8 so I don't even try. My question has to do with a small battle that I am having with myself. I feel attractive again but my head is saying at 60 you should not be dressing to show it. Anyone else going through this? Or have opinions, suggestions or just comments? 60 year old women can still look hot, can't they? And FYI, I am not talking trashy hot.... Just classy hot. 😏
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    NC_Girl wrote: »
    Hi ladies. I've been reading comments here but this is my first time asking a question. I'm 60 yrs old. I've lost 75lbs and I am feeling incredible! I'm down to 144lbs and a size 10 is a little to big but I can't imagine actually wearing a an 8 so I don't even try. My question has to do with a small battle that I am having with myself. I feel attractive again but my head is saying at 60 you should not be dressing to show it. Anyone else going through this? Or have opinions, suggestions or just comments? 60 year old women can still look hot, can't they? And FYI, I am not talking trashy hot.... Just classy hot. 😏

IMO, at our age (I'm 65) we've earned the right to dress in the ways we enjoy. Those who'd tut-tut can keep their opinions to themselves. 😉

Even if we're talking "eyes of the world" rather than our own eyes, age is IMO a poor yardstick. I know some women our age who can rock an outfit better than some other women decades younger could wear the same thing. I say, if you put it on, and you think it looks great, you should feel great, and wear it with pride.

I do dress differently at 125 pounds than I did at 183 pounds, though not *dramatically* differently. In my case, any chance of looking conventionally hot is at odds with my (cheerful) choice not to have reconstruction after bilateral mastectomy, among other odd personal traits. However, I'm now wearing tank tops in public more often despite that, because I think my arms and shoulders look decent, so why not? With weight loss, I also developed a taste for wearing lace overshirts, which is new; and will wear shorts or a skort more often than I used to. This, even though I'm not a fashion-y gal, generally.

🤷‍♀️

If you like it, wear it: That's what I think.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Hey check this out!

Exercise is good and we already knew it. But this new study shows it is suuuuuper good for us 60+ folks.

https://www.eatthis.com/news-study-exercise-atrial-fibrillation/
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Hey everyone have a great day!