February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I've had a phone call from my doctor asking me to have a blood test redone because of a low white blood cell count. Given the cancer history in my family, I'm freaking out. However, it could be the result of just a virus, or, as Google tells me, endurance athletes can have low white cell counts. Anyone experience this?

Yes, I get all kinds of unusual test results. The low WBC is one of them. My dr. just shrugs and says it is because I run.

Ohhh I just had a low WBC yesterday. going to redo in 6 weeks. Do I count as an endurance athlete?

Sure! Why not? :smiley:
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Yay cat pictures!

We have two Siameses who are brothers. They aren't show-quality cats but we got the first one from a local family who aren't really responsible people when our old rescue cat died at the exact same time they had a litter. Then we ended up loving him so much, we got another when his mom had a second litter the next year. Fortunately their poor mom was spayed after that and allowed to enjoy her old age in peace!

When we picked the older one up from being neutered, my vet, who has known me since I was a child, met me with a serious face and said, "I have terrible tragic news... something seems to have gone wrong... your kitten.... came out CROSS EYED!" Because my vet is a goofball. Anyway we have the most cross eyed Siamese I've ever seen. He's the absolute best cat. We call him our early warning system because he starts to sit up and "point" towards the door when a car even pulls into our lane. His little brother likes to play soccer with dog toys. Neither one is a loud purrer, but being Siamese they make up for it by the variety of other strange noises they make. They are excellent at sitting on sore legs after long run days, occupying empty boxes, and brutally murdering skinks that get into the house under the door seal.

pmxivqiydpyc.jpg
    2t5725tr9wl8.jpg

Holy cow, that is a cross-eyed cat!

Also, welcome @RunningOnWontons! It's not always cat pictures around here, but I know that I for one find a good cat picture or ten helps soothe the savage weather-trapped runner!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Well Shoot, forgot my gym bag. Was planning to run at lunch since I have an appointment right after work today. Grrr. Guess I will have a candy bar instead. Good enough?

Well there are memes out there claiming if you eat cookies fast enough your Fitbit thinks you're running, probably the same for candy?

Sounds like a plan! There is a food store right across the street, I am sure I could get a few boxes of cookies there...