WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    I'm at work and just had tea ,bacon and scrambled eggs..those only once In awhile because they just dont sit right in my tummy..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather rooting for your son today and you too! You will surely have fun with your lovely grands. And you will also have fun returning them!!

Kelly your food strategy to avoid waste sound great. I often freeze bones for broth, but now I want to freeze veggie scraps for broth as well.

Lisa I had no idea about water Intake after bari. surgery. Sounds like you are healing well from the knee replacement. WTG

NYKAREN—back in the USA!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,101 Member
    Options
    Heather UK: Enjoy your time with the grandkids. Sounds like your weather is much brighter than ours is today. We have cloud cover and showers so far. Hoping for it to break later on.

Just on my way out to our local shops for a roast and the daily papers. Hubs is off birdwatching withnone of his Mates so I have been pleasing myself this morning. After my workouts I watched a few crochet video so on YouTube. I will work on sorting my wool stash when I get back from the shops.

☘️ Irish Terri

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    2559661yoxeq9fisc.gif
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning and HAPPY Saturday. Actually the sun is shining so it makes me happy.
    Lisa- thanks for the info on drinking liquids while eating. I never knew it made you not know when you are full. I always heard you should drink a little while eating to help digestion.
    This month I have been working on my sleep and so far am sleeping much better. Maybe because all of my big commitments are over and I’m not worrying about them.
    Enjoy the day everyone.
    SueBDew in TX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies!

Looks like the weatherman is backing off the big snow prediction for Monday.... now just morning snow turning to rain. I am hoping so because had a monthly lunch scheduled with my 2 Master Gardener GF's. It's hard getting us all scheduled for a good day. The snow we had yesterday afternoon is a bit melted but the ground and street are still white. And all frozen over this morning, so no walking.

Katla - glad you got your water line fixed. Many water systems have a forgiveness for breaks like that - they simply give the customers an average of some type or bill the amount from the same period from last year. We are so lucky, the water line broke on our side of the meter several years ago and caused a huge gush of water down the street! The water tech arrived quickly and dug out the lines around the meter. The problem was caused by tree roots. He went ahead and fixed it for us since he had it dug out and the huge bill was forgiven. Our system will forgive a large bill due to breaks once a year. So it won't hurt to see if the City would do the same. You might be able to find a copy of their policy online in their county code under Utilities.

Beth - too bad your gas company doesn't have a similar forgiveness. Things do happen! Glad the leak was caught w/o creating any damage. Whew.

Rita - Beth
    .... when you are doing your IF, do you allow yourself coffee or beverages with milk/cream outside that window? I remember when Rye (I miss her!) was doing IF - very successfully and I think she was doing 16/8- and said ideas on that varied. I have bit putting a bit of milk in my coffee lately just to keep it buffered in my tummy which doesn't like it if I overdo plain coffee, but then I often won't eat solid food until 10 or later and try to cut off by 5.

Machka
    - I was thrilled to see that photo of you and your DH! Glad you were able to get your course squared away. How long did you say you were going to PT for your hip?

I must have slept wrong on my left shoulder, very painful and was up at 4 this morning. When the weather gets more reliable around here I need to schedule a session for medical massage and really have that shoulder worked on. I can do some myself but cannot reach around to hit all the acupressure points.

Karen in NY
    - thank you for travelogue! Genoa is now on my bucket list, lol. Really enjoyed the photos.

We had a new over the range microwave installed on Wednesday - our "old" one was less than 2 years old, an expensive GE from Sears. Within the first year something went wrong and it kept tripping the circuit breaker. After weeks of waiting for the Sears repairman to get out here, the repair was made. Well, it started doing it again last week.... new part was less than a year old. So we decided to just buy a new one - inexpensive Frigidaire - before this one burned down the house. Love buying something from the mom and pop appliance store. While they were still here, they fixed my new Speed Queen dryer which was working fine but making a "chirping" sound. The repairman said the back roller was over-lubricated at the factory or something and seems to be chirp free now.

OK I better get busy. Have a good day!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    KJ - We have just done it, after 4 months here! I Googled it and basically you have to set it off, remove the key and not reset it. So DH set it off and I used the alarm code. and the little window is red and the button is depressed. Phew. :D It is on the wall right next to where Max is going to sleep. ;)

The next job I have been putting off is to reset the programme on the thermostat for the central heating. DH is not at all technical and neither of my sons has been helpful, so it's down to me. I hate technology. But I understand it better than DH. Unfortunately I haven't plucked up the courage to reprogramme yet.
    After that I still have to get to use my new laptop, now 18 months since I bought it. :s

We hardly waste any food at all. The only thing I throw away is scraps of bread. If a loaf goes stale I cut it into croutons and dry them in the oven to use in soup. I freeze the croutons.

I've not been writing since I got sick with my cough. Now I'm reading books about how to make time for writing. :laugh: One way to put things off!

My run was magic today. DH came with me at a brisk walk. Some people had the beach huts open. Cafés on the beach all full. All the traffic cones are put out for the half marathon. Can't believe it is February.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Weather not too bad here on NW. 1 hour exercise this am nowwatching TV with DH Six Nations rugby France v Scotland.
    HEATHER wishing good luck for your son and dil. Just enjoy the grands.
    I had a bit of a clear out yesterday sewing patterns, zips etc put them on Freecycle and a lady picked them up. She was using them for a Scout group ?? mind you think they have girls as well now. Not that I think boys shouldn't see or knit etc.

Have a great Saturday, France now leading 10 to 0

Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Katla wishing you good luck in getting water bill issue fixed. Sorry it is a problem in the first place. I am surprised the water company did not catch the water leak. I take that back. It does seem more and more the burden of someone else's mistakes seem to fall on our shoulders to see things get corrected. If you feel the person helping you is not getting the problem addressed I would either call back or ask to speak to a manager.

Just read Lanette's advice and think that is spot on...

When son ordered blinds for his new house one valence was not cut correctly. He has tried to get it corrected twice. Someone whose job it was either did not read the numbers right, someone put the number in wrong, or they just plain didn't care and cut it wrong. Frustrating. He is being persistent and it will get fixed, but it was an extra trip to the store and extra time. The saving grave is these were were not custom window treatments so the price of them was a fraction of custom.

When son and I talked about it we concluded that half the battle is finding the right person to help you with the problem.

I said unfortunately I think there is more and more of these kind of problems. I think it is due to the lack of paying attention to the task at hand. I was in a third grade last week, and they took a test where they had to add three digit numbers. The number of mistakes that were made just because they didn't pay attention to lining up numbers or forgetting to bring a number down was too many. These were mistakes that I believe students could be taught to catch.

When I work with student I have said everyone makes mistakes. This is true. I think I will now say everyone makes mistakes now lets work together to see how to fix it. Another is lets focus now so we make less mistakes in the first place, because it takes less time and energy to fix it when it done correctly the first time. Similar to the saying measure twice cut once.

I do make an effort when I do see students keeping their focus.

:heart: Margaret
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    I/F from what I read, you can have coffee with full fat cream, broth, and water to hold you over. Bullet Proof Coffee (google recipe) also is allowed and works best. This I can drink without any tummy issues.

Macros for yesterday I had more carbs than usual because we went to a Chinese buffet:
  • kevrit
    Options
    uhmbejhsr92d.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,101 Member
    Options
    2559661yoxeq9fisc.gif

Barbie: I 💖 your walking graphics.
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Rita thanks for sharing the info in your daily intake! Very insightful!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I have been reading along but haven’t had much to contribute.

I had a phone interview yesterday, not for the job I really want but it would be a job. I was told not to expect to hear a call or anything until the middle of the week. This one is a fair distance from home and the hours will not be the best, but I’ll deal when and if I get it.

I also applied for a job at the seniors lodge just down the street. It is 1.1 Kms from the house. That would be ideal. They actually asked that you apply in writing, that may give me an edge as most people don’t read instructions.

We have the Grands again tonight. Lauryn’s Saturday schedules are ending late, so it is easier on them just to spend the night. Tomorrow, I will return them to their Dad earlier.

Tracey, preparing for more frigid temperatures in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Pip! im so happy you’ve turned the corner! I still contend that dealing with your demise would have been a great deal more expensive than a doctor bill. We have all these reasonable Urgent Care clinics here. They coordinate with insurance if you have it and are reasonable if you ask them to keep testing to a minimum.

Lanette, i thoughtfor sure I was in for it on my way into work this afternoon. Snow and freezing rain was going all the way from Issaquah to work in Redmond - about 20 miles. Thank heaven it quit and I came home in drizzle.

I am stuck at 207. I can’t understand how this is possible at 750 or less carefully measured calories per day. I HAVE come up a bit short on fluids lately, but have yet to come up with a hot drink that is good without sweetener. Broth has calories, coffee has caffeine - a no-no - same for tea. And cold drinks are anathema right now. I try to down enough water, but feel nauseated after the first 20-30 ounces. I’ve started eating a lot of soups for that reason. My dietician appointment is next week. I’ll work on it.

Sharon, nearly frozen today Near Seattle

actually, it would have been cheaper still. I am not going to have a funeral, Kirby would have only had to pay about 700-800bucks to burn me
  • kevrit
    Options
    My diary is open for those who are interested in what I’ve been eating on this new adventure. The macros I have set are from my doctor. I go over on carbs and protein often but the fat macro is alway highest. Take a look if you want!

RV Rita
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3