For the love of Produce...

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    OK, I finally ate something that wasn't too brown (with miso, cocoa, etc.) to photograph (because I hid the cremini mushrooms underneath ;) ), so I'm going to share it even though it's not that photogenic. It's chickpea spaghetti with a pureed sorrel/pepita/olive oil/white wine vinegar sauce, plus home-grated parmesan; and a "side" (LOL) of sauteed cremini mushrooms, elephant garlic, cousa/kusa squash chunks and cherry tomatoes, topped with raw pea tendrils.
    aslbf7m8w21m.jpg
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    OK, I finally ate something that wasn't too brown (with miso, cocoa, etc.) to photograph (because I hid the cremini mushrooms underneath ;) ), so I'm going to share it even though it's not that photogenic. It's chickpea spaghetti with a pureed sorrel/pepita/olive oil/white wine vinegar sauce, plus home-grated parmesan; and a "side" (LOL) of sauteed cremini mushrooms, elephant garlic, cousa/kusa squash chunks and cherry tomatoes, topped with raw pea tendrils.
    aslbf7m8w21m.jpg

This I could totally get down with.

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    It’s gooseberry season!

...no photos of interesting gooseberry dishes because I just microwaved them slightly and poured yoghurt on top, repeat until BUT WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOSEBERRIES GONE.

Hopefully I’ll have a little more patience with the next punnet I buy!
  • purplefizzy
    Options
    etsm90rd6306.jpeg

Comfort lazy dinner, fizzy style.

*Base is couple handfuls of baby spinach, sprayed with the only OO spray I like (Tuscan, from Trader Joe’s) and a few grinds of everything seasoning.
    *Roasted kabocha. More seasoning.
    *cottage cheese - current fave is Humboldt Creamery 4% (I like fat.)
    *drizzle of pomegranate molasses (Sadaf brand. Epic. High sugar but worth it.)
    *chopped mint
    Later added toasted leftover black & white sesame seeds
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/ob/d494d77ovdmt.jpeg4aeujvffij8m.png

Orange Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry over Farro. No sugar added - just natural sugars in the orange juice, coconut aminos and a little honey in the sauce.

Bok choy, broccoli, red &yellow pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, carrot, red onion and scallions.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Inspired while browsing early this morning, this is lunch!
    dfu5ll4norrm.jpeg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    dfu5ll4norrm.jpeg

Looks delicious, lots of veggies and my favorite bean! Love all the color!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a picture but cooked with a new-to-me vegetable and used a mandolin for the first time, and loved both! My mystery veggie that I randomly chose last week at the store was a rutabaga. I wasn't too inspired when I looked it up at home! Luckily a friend found an easy way to make it. Thinly slice along with apples and an onion. You basically layer and bake it. I liked rutabaga, it reminds me of broccoli stems flavor-wise with a potato texture. The recipe just had olive oil, salt, and pepper. I'd play around with spices when I make it again.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    This belong here and volume eaters alike. Not gonna lie, I had problems finishing this gochujang young jackfruit with peas, butternut squash on konjaku noodles. All of this here for 300cal dinner. I am stuffed. Very very stuffed.

That looks really really good. Is it just literally gochujang mixed in with the jackfruit or was there any other prep items?
  • swirlybee
    Options
    0if964ym5xn2.jpg
    Saturday's Farmers' Market haul: assorted squash, bok choy, corn, purple bell peppers, Chinese brocolli, dragon fruit, Indian eggplants, and yellow and white nectarines... not pictured are the grab bag of assorted mushrooms, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
  • purplefizzy
    Options
    dfu5ll4norrm.jpeg

Yum. I am All In on #saladlife right now

• purplefizzy
    Options
    swirlybee wrote: »
    m49jr61hte2b.jpg
    Last night's dinner: grilled romaine salad with roast eggplant ginger dressing, yaki-onigiri (grilled rice ball) topped with pickled rhubarb. Protein is teriyaki chicken with a mountain of thinly sliced leeks.

Just screenshotted this.
    Brilliant.

• purplefizzy
    Options
    This belong here and volume eaters alike. Not gonna lie, I had problems finishing this gochujang young jackfruit with peas, butternut squash on konjaku noodles. All of this here for 300cal dinner. I am stuffed. Very very stuffed.

That looks really really good. Is it just literally gochujang mixed in with the jackfruit or was there any other prep items?

Also intrigued and if you have time would love any prep tips. Never done anything other than canned green jackfruit.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

jdh73cr86r12.jpg

Is it sad that I would call that a snack? Lol
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    0if964ym5xn2.jpg
    Saturday's Farmers' Market haul: assorted squash, bok choy, corn, purple bell peppers, Chinese brocolli, dragon fruit, Indian eggplants, and yellow and white nectarines... not pictured are the grab bag of assorted mushrooms, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.

Absolutely, positively, unequivocally BEAUTIFUL and scrumptious--YAY YOU!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    0if964ym5xn2.jpg

Absolutely, positively, unequivocally BEAUTIFUL and scrumptious--YAY YOU!

Agreed. Where are you? Very little of that would be available here now (at a farmers market, I mean). I am jealous.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options

Wish my market had that sort of variety!

I did try Bok Choy last week and loved it. I know, I am behind the times but was looking for something that wasn't spinach for my curry.
  • swirlybee
    Options

Also intrigued and if you have time would love any prep tips. Never done anything other than canned green jackfruit.

Equal amount of gochujang and soy sauce (1/4 cup for me).
    Instant pot for 5 minutes HP with jackfruit, sauce and 1/4 cup any liquid (for me veggie stock).
    When done mix in frozes peas and cubed squash.
    Saute function until the frozen veggies heat through and sauce thickens.

Note: usually to the chili paste and soy sauce mix I would also add some sort of a sweet portion (honey etc.) but here I did not. Its because the fruit is sweet on its own.

Inspired by your post, I cooked jackfruit for the very first time last night. Yours looks like shredded meat but mine came out looking like caramelized/sauteed onions. I used frozen green jackfruit which still had much of the core and seeds. I removed the seeds but not the core. My instant pot was otherwise occupied with homemade chicken stock so I cooked the jackfruit on the stove top. Had to simmer it for about half and our for the core to get soft enough to eat. It tasted great. The core gave it an interesting texture but the rest of the jackfruit was great.