March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    saramagd wrote: »
    Hello!
    New to the challenge and pretty much first time posting in any forum. Just a beginner but your "welcoming posts" are so...welcoming and just what I (and my friends who put up with my updates about the Kms I run) needed that I decided to join.

I "re-started" running in January (15Km) and in February ran 68Km. In March I´ll try to keep the same number.

Thanks for existing!

Great to have you with us. Welcome!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    January goal 30 MILES completed, average 1.5/a day
    February goal 30 MILES completed, average 2.40/a day

March goal 30 MILES
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to add pushups in this month. Maybe 3 times a week. One set to failure. Nice and simple. See if I can stick to that. I can do that at my desk at work since I get in over an hour before anyone else.

I'm still working on the Sally Push-up challenge, still with my hands elevated, but now on my staircase, so that I can control the angle of elevation. Every two days I make a new attempt, and if I can't finish, I pause, wait 60 seconds, then continue until I do finish. Last time I finished the whole song one step lower than my previous attempt - the goal is to complete the whole thing at floor level. When I'm done with my challenge attempt I rest and do a couple of sets of real push-ups at floor level because it hits my muscles at a slightly different angle.

Not only is the Sally Challenge improving my push-ups surprisingly quickly, but the other day I tried working on my handstands, which I have been neglecting, and my arms feel much more solid in handstand position. I have a dicey rotator cuff and this seems to be doing good things for it.

Well started off great...forgot to do any this morning. Hopefully, I will have a chance and remember later :)
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    1st - very easy 5km
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Some sick person (me) asked my coach to include some plyometrics this month. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I may add some push/pull ups to my regular lifting too because I want to be able to do those. 💪🏻
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    So I'm supposed to believe that someone has ran 90 miles today? GTFO

quigf49fsn7t.jpg