Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk.........Pushups
    03/01........00M.......3.5M........30

---MTD: 3.5 miles walking, 0 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    While I was waiting to get my prescriptions, I got the call that he had passed. So, now we will be going up for the funeral sometime next week, just don't know when yet.

I am sorry for your loss :(
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    So I'm supposed to believe that someone has ran 90 miles today? GTFO

quigf49fsn7t.jpg

Not sure what this is, but is there a chance they live in a different time zone, so did 45m per day for 2 days. Though even 45m is extremely dubious
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo sorry for your loss, and hugs
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Rocker squats (hold squat position while rising on your toes, then lifting your toes and standing on your heels) during warm up stopped my shin splints. My understanding is that it gets your tendons freely moving before you start using them. Rocker squats also stretch your calves, which goes with what @shanaber is saying.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @amymoreorless the first time I ever ran trails I did the same distance I normally run on roads at the time...6 miles I think...and had the same experience. It was so much harder and I felt so sore after I didn't know why people actually liked it.

Keep at it! Just like paved running it gets easier and, I think, more enjoyable.

@7lenny7 It was fun! I was just surprised how much more difficult it was. It felt like going from the treadmill to the road when I first started running. Running is so much easier (and boring) on a treadmill.

I think I am going to turn my Friday morning long run into a weekly trail running day. However, I am going to have to find some less technical trails. Are there any good trail running websites that rate USA trails according to difficulty?

Not that I'm aware of, at least not that rates them in that manner. From the sounds of your trail description, were you on mountain bike trails? I've never ran on MBX rails before but I imagine there are more twists and turns than the trails I run on, but less technical perhaps. I'll have to try out the MBX trails near our house some time.

Check out some websites like RootsRated, AllTrails, or Trail Run Project.

Perhaps your best option would be to see out the local trail running community for info, or look for a nearby running store which caters at least in part to trail runners.

Trails along a river are typically flat and easier, so you could look for those too.

Oh! Trail Run Project rates trails according to difficulty! That is what I was looking for. Thanks, @7lenny7! This is how it rates the trail I ran today. I will poke around the site looking for something a little more beginner friendly.

dq6tc0tfzyn3.jpg

@amymoreorless I used the Trail Run Project to find the trail I did on Wednesday. It was marked as "84% runnable" and a blue square I think. I ended up hiking 90% of it. Definitely scout out photos of the trail if possible to see what the terrain actually looks like :D But I love that the TRP has an app, so you can make sure you aren't getting lost if you're somewhere with multiple trails, etc.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo It's the Nike Run Club app. I clicked on their profile but it did not provide any info. But yeah, even 45 miles for 2 days in a row is a stretch to believe. Not that it matters, as it's not between runners. I just could never imagine "cheating" on these things.

@katharmonic Welcome to AZ! You are here just when we got warm LOL
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo very sorry for your loss!