WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Thank you my friends for your warm comments on my family. The grandkids never cease to amaze me. <3 They are each so different. Max is having behaviour problems at school - getting into pushing etc in the playground and yesterday he poured dirt all over the girls ' hair when they were outside with DH. He says he doesn't like himself very much and gets angry. :'( He is nearly 8 and extremely intelligent. Having two younger sisters must be hard and he has temporarily lost his best friend at school. A group of boys is being bitchy. I well remember how difficult it can be to be that age when you are really becoming conscious of the world around you and your place in it. Our plan is to give him some one on one time with DH as he usually has to share him with two demanding sisters.
    Until I was 26 I never wanted to have children and I am not a natural carer. I just about managed to get through bringing my two boys up. Having grandchildren has been a revelation, as it has been to many others, I know. I am humbled by the love I feel for them.

Kim - Happy 6th Anniversary! <3 Tonight I cooked the Hairy Bikers' Lamb Tagine. I did it in the IP . Heavenly. :D I make it maybe once every couple of months. Unfortunately it doesn't freeze well because of the sweet potato, so you would have to halve it and have it two days running. I halve it for the two of us. Sorry lamb is expensive for you. I use lamb neck fillet, which is not too expensive.

Beth - meant to say, WELL DONE on the 17 lbs loss. Great job. Can you feel the difference?

Hope all the floods subside soon. :'(<3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, you and Levi are so fortunate to have found each other. Congrats on your anniversary together.

:)Tracey I agree with you about not telling people about my eating and exercise routine. Many people know how early I go to bed and make "comments" about it. I go to bed early so I can be up before 5:00 to be able to fit in two hours or more of dog walking along with my "start the day spiritual practices" and a healthy breakfast and still be able to get to classes or appointments by 9:00. They think I'd be happier with a more "normal" sleep schedule.

:) There's a great line from a comedian I admire where he talks about a person who specializes in giving helpful advice to people who are happier than he is.

<3 Barbie from sunny and warmer NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    A few photos of the flooding in Nebraska. I live in Virginia, but Nebraska will always be home.
    3h8vvg73l97j.png
    ea7nd950k1sr.png
    ncbbclqtedlq.png
    ccte0jscnraa.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

helix machine = 25min, 135ahr, 159mhr,58ar, lvl6, 2.89mi =254c
    0 runner 15min, 41al, 11ah, 102ac, 10.06min mi, 133ahr, 148mhr,1.52mi =161c

total cal 415
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’m sorry that young Max is having some problems with behavior at school. Your husband is likely the best person to help him, and I’m glad to hear that he will be giving Max some special attention. It may take a bit, but I’m sure it will help. :heart:

Barbie: I don’t tell others about my eating habits other than about lactose intolerance if they want to share their food with me. I’d say, “If it has milk or butter, I’d better not have any.” That has been true for as long as I can remember. Then DH was put on a fodmap diet, which doesn’t allow glutin and that pretty much limits us to a few restaurants and home cooking. :ohwell:

Karen: Thanks for sharing the photos of Nebraska flooding. I am so sorry that so many are having flooding problems. :sad:

I had a lovely riding lesson this morning. My teacher let me ride her horse, and I did very little correctly. :embarassed: However, I did have a grand time riding outside in the pasture. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    we have dealt with septic systems at all of our homes as well. I've had tanks back up into nearby shower stalls and tubs on more than one occasion before. When getting our first home ready for an open house, we discovered that the toilets weren't flushing. Thinking he could quickly solve the problem, my husband opened the outlet in the basement to see if he could "see" the problem. Well, yes he did get to "see" quite a bit of it as it came into the basement. Then, after cleaning it up he had another good idea ... take a 2x4 and push through anything that might be clogging the pipes out to the tank. That might have worked if the 2x4 hadn't escaped his grasp and his muscular arms couldn't fit further into the pipe. So an hour before our open house, I had my very long arms jammed as far into the pipes as I could reach trying to retrieve the lost 2x4! (Which I did.) I considered this an example of the "for worse" part of our wedding vows! SMH. Beth, oh my! SMH indeed! I'm sure it's funny now, but didn't you just want to smack HIM at that point? Maybe with the 2x4???
    KetoneKaren, Oh MY! I had no idea that Nebraska was experiencing that much flooding! How awful for so many people to have to deal with that!
    Katla, so glad you enjoyed your riding lesson, even if you did little correctly..... Well, actually I guess it wasn't the lesson you enjoyed but the before or after in the pasture!

What a glorious day today! The sun is shining and there is warmth in it also! Gives me hope that spring is on the way! Hubby raked the back yard yesterday, I have plans for out there on Tuesday/Wednesday. Checked my schedule last night and I have nothing all week! Yay me! so I get to play in the garden, looking forward to it! It's supposed to get up to about 17C on Tuesday, I believe that translates to mid sixties!
    Hope everyone is enjoying their day/evening/night!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I will catch up on posts in a bit, but wanted to share that I found my dress. I wasn’t expecting it to be easy and certainly not planning on buying today, but found this on sale and couldn’t resist. It was the first one I tried on. 4tmg7yubr965.jpeg

hubba hubba
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I will catch up on posts in a bit, but wanted to share that I found my dress. I wasn’t expecting it to be easy and certainly not planning on buying today, but found this on sale and couldn’t resist. It was the first one I tried on. 4tmg7yubr965.jpeg

Beautiful!!!

Okie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, All the shower goodies look great. You've done a fabulous job--lots of creativity and lots of hard work. Great idea to volunteer at the soup kitchen.

:)Tracey, What a great dress and how wonderful to find it so quickly.

<3 Barbie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    🍀🍀🍀🍀Happy St. Patrick's Day🍀🍀🍀🍀
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA, I have two nieces and their kids in the Omaha area. They are my second oldest sister's family, my sister a nd her husband passed many years ago.. The younger one lives in Waterloo NE and has not been able to return home since Friday. She left work early rushed home, packed a few things and loaded up her two dogs and got to safety. All roads are now either closed or washed away. Last she heard from her neighbors her house was fine.

Love you my friends.

Janetr OKC, where we had a warm gorgeous day
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    NYKaren :) Sounds like it was a VERY happy birthday celebration. Pats on back all around for bringing better angels...
    Heather brava for keeping your health as your first priority. Sounds like your DDIL's mother doesn't have enough to do... what are HER exercise habits like? :hmm: So glad your DH plans extra one-on-one time with Max. Max is so lucky to have him!
    Lisa I can just imagine clumps of daffodils scattered all over your yard. Makes me smile! We have ONE in our flowerbed, but many crocuses and a few hyacinths.
    Barbie :love: your comments, especially those to Heather, Michele, Allie and Rebecca. Spot on!
    Tracey I hear the longing in your comment about helping abused young women flee and rebuild their lives. You'd be great! Is there a center at which you could volunteer? Not every mentor needs to have a degree or certification, your real world experience has value. AND it might get your foot in the door for a paid position. Non-profits are a growing employment sector. You look lovely in that dress!
    Kim, ditto what you said to Tracey. :love: Levi.
    Katla found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiyY8dJo3QE looks fun and aerobic but not the smooth concentrated stretching, alignment and breathing I associate with yoga ;)
    Beth your "for worse" 2x4 retrieval story has me SMH indeed.
    Michele "Irish jig" :laugh". Baby Shower things: W O W!!!
    Dana would Dolly tolerate having a T shirt put on her and snugged up? Have also heard good things about homeopathic stress relief and CBD. OUr Scooter used to have terrible anxiety attacks during thunderstorms, but as he's aged, they've eased. Brewer's yeast down the toilet for the septic? Does that work like RidX or is it to counter future roots or??? Who could resist Dolly's eyes?

Welcome janetabenn!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 16/31, 60 g protein 16/31, rx/vits 16/31, meditate 10/31, knee exercises 10/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 12/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 11/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    03/17 LT: SWSY-N MT: plug in keyboard, test headphones and play SOMETHING-N S: Call Pat-Y
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Tracey - The dress is fabulous! You were wise to buy it when you saw it. The best things always work out like that! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx