The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    USAFProud wrote: »
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Hey whats up my friends?

Not much other than talking to an ex boyfriend about a new interest. I don’t know how to accept nice men, so the ex is helping and setting my head straight. 🤗

Can I ask what you mean by that? What is there to accept?

Perhaps I can answer? After being hurt by scumbags it is difficult to trust that a guy is as nice as he seems to be and you keep expecting something to go wrong. Instead of just appreciating what you have for what it is. Trust issues

Oof. Rings too true for me right now. Feel like I’m overthinking everything 🤯
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    edited October 2019
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Hey whats up my friends?

Not much other than talking to an ex boyfriend about a new interest. I don’t know how to accept nice men, so the ex is helping and setting my head straight. 🤗

Perhaps I can answer? After being hurt by scumbags it is difficult to trust that a guy is as nice as he seems to be and you keep expecting something to go wrong. Instead of just appreciating what you have for what it is. Trust issues

100% truth. Guy I am seeing now is very nice. Sweet and thoughtful. I'm totally freaking out that I will catch feels that then that damned shoe will drop and he will turn into the opposite of what he is now. :'(

I think the potential is there when we progress through life together. It's whether or not you are willing to risk it. Not that you should live in fear of it and I hope that at some point the people involved in the relationship reach a point where it is not really a concern. Not complacency, but actual comfort that you mutually long to be with each other. (ugh, this is almost saccharine or corny, sorry for that.)
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hey whats up my friends?

I felt this deep within my soul.

tinak33 wrote: »
    Hey whats up my friends?

I'm totally freaking out that I will catch feels that then that damned shoe will drop and he will turn into the opposite of what he is now. :'(

Bad experiences have me afraid to trust people. 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    edited October 2019
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Hey whats up my friends?

I'm totally freaking out that I will catch feels that then that damned shoe will drop and he will turn into the opposite of what he is now. :'(

I know what you mean there. Tbh, I don't actually know how to anymore. This is something my therapist and I are working on.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Hey whats up my friends?

@mattig89ch
    Sorry I didn’t see your question to me before.

But yes all of the above statements. I’ve been through numerous abusive relationships and the time I fought back after being pushed down a short flight of stairs I got arrested.
    That on top of suffering from major depression makes it extremely hard for me to trust anyone. It’s been 11 months since the above incident and my next court date is next Friday when I have to face him in court.

Hugs For you :)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hey whats up my friends?

mattig89ch

But yes all of the above statements. I’ve been through numerous abusive relationships and the time I fought back after being pushed down a short flight of stairs I got arrested.
    That on top of suffering from major depression makes it extremely hard for me to trust anyone. It’s been 11 months since the above incident and my next court date is next Friday when I have to face him in court.

I am so sorry. Big hugs. I have been there, but I never reported him or went to court because he begged me not to and now denies everything and says I am lying.

All the best for your court date. I hope you get justice.
  • neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    Good morning everyone! Hugs all around! The weekend is so close now! I hope you all have a great one planned 👍😁
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,580 Member
    Good morning singles.... Happy Friday!
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Hey whats up my friends?

@mattig89ch

Good for you for fighting back 💪🏼
    So sorry you are having to go to court. That is extremely unfair and it shows how backwards our justice system can be sometimes and how big a coward a man that abuses a woman really is......
    HUGS to you and I hope everything goes well :)
  • Cutemesoon
    Good morning singles. It's FRIDAYYYYY!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5941428[\img]
  • mattig89ch
    Hey whats up my friends?

@mattig89ch

If it was intentional, I hope you put him in traction! Good luck on your court date!

Anyone have any plans this weekend?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Hey whats up my friends?

I know what you mean there. Tbh, I don't actually know how to anymore. This is something my therapist and I are working on.
    people are too serious about trust issues with outsiders, but I think everyone should be given a chance at friendship at least. If they fail even being a friend then you definitely know not to date. People just think about dating though, dating straight away. It's not smart.

Maybe it's just me, but I think people want to be with someone they can call their "best friend". So it's kinda like dating and building a friendship all in one. You want to be yourself, and joke around and all that, which is what you do with friends. But there is also a more serious/intimate side which is what you do with someone you are dating. I don't tend to jump into things quickly, and I won't pursue a romantic relationship with someone, if I can't be myself, with all my quirks and weirdness. lol And I am one to lay all my faults and issues out on the table right away.
    But I also think people got more serious about trust issues after they have been burned too many times. Yes you can heal from it.... but you still have the scars. The older I get, the harder it is to trust. It's a constant internal battle, but I still try.
  • Cutemesoon
    I made it y'all!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=12358851
  • mattig89ch
    wew! nice
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,580 Member
    Good morning singles! I get play wedding crasher today! Lol
  • orangegato