Secret Groups and YOU! An MFP Dialogue

Replies

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Technically, a friend list is a secret group. Wall chat and feed viewability is exclusive and the content goes unmoderated. I can only imagine what you people say amongst your friends.

• LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Technically, a friend list is a secret group. Wall chat and feed viewability is exclusive and the content goes unmoderated. I can only imagine what you people say amongst your friends.

Pure debauchery
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    denny_mac wrote: »
    I may or may not have a secret group

I've learned that this always means Yes, I do have a secret group.

I have a secret group

The trick is to hide in plain sight

It isn't any fun if you don't allow anyone to join.... 😑
  • newmeadow

If you had accepted my FR you wouldn't have to imagine. sigh...

I remember that.

At the time I didn't keep a friend list so I turned down all requests. It was nothing personal. I just wanted to remain a loner and a renegade.

I've always (and still) love your posts.

I only recently learned you can't send or receive a PM at MFP unless it's from an official friend. All this time I thought the PM function was broken. Doh.

So recently I've sent and accepted a few invitations and have a small friend list.

I'm sending a request to you now. If you'll have me.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member

I remember that.

At the time I didn't keep a friend list so I turned down all requests. It was nothing personal. I just wanted to remain a loner and a renegade.

I only recently learned you can't send or receive a PM at MFP unless it's from an official friend. All this time I thought the PM function was broken. Doh.

So recently I've sent and accepted a few invitations and have a small friend list.

She better have to do the *kitten**kitten* initiation rite like I had to!
  • newmeadow
    SwannySez wrote: »

I remember that.

She better have to do the *kitten**kitten* initiation rite like I had to!

There are no kittens between friends.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Are you saying there's a group for bird enthusiasts?
    Yeah, there's a super-secret bird-loving group, but it may not be what you think...

Is it called Fluffers?

I want to join this group.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Are you saying there's a group for bird enthusiasts?
    Yeah, there's a super-secret bird-loving group, but it may not be what you think...

Is it called Fluffers?

I want to join this group.

i used to hate birds cept birds of prey but then this charming goose and then these baby chicks changed everything and now i’m like “birds :love:

<3

I see how they can be scary. I mean they have beaks and claws and are essentially fluffy dinosaurs. Parrots are like bipolar toddlers on crack. But, I love them so.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Well if I had a secret group I’m sure the membership would be growing at exponential rates because it would be absolutely bursting at the seams with secret information
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Well if I had a secret group I’m sure the membership would be growing at exponential rates because it would be absolutely bursting at the seams with secret information

Is it really secret though if it’s busting at the seems with members??? You really should consider a membership cap and no new members until one dies off .. c’mon man this us standard super secret group protocol Bro
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Is it really secret though if it’s busting at the seems with members??? You really should consider a membership cap and no new members until one dies off .. c’mon man this us standard super secret group protocol Bro

If this secret group exists it may use smoke and mirrors to mask its true nature.

“Hark, is that a tiny ship on the horizon yonder, or a giant spacecraft floating amongst the fog? Truly, who can tell?”

This might even be the motto, if such a secretive forum group were to exist
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

If this secret group exists it may use smoke and mirrors to mask its true nature.

“Hark, is that a tiny ship on the horizon yonder, or a giant spacecraft floating amongst the fog? Truly, who can tell?”

This might even be the motto, if such a secretive forum group were to exist

Noted
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

6k8jb60hzqa6.jpg
  • Cowsfan1

6k8jb60hzqa6.jpg

Thank god we’re not in a fight club thread

59ipkv54nji7.gif
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    IMHO, the "best" part about the secret groups thing is that it's a wonderful way to monetize your MFP account.

Work your way into as many private groups as possible to increase the sales price of your account. I find "secret group" memberships to be significantly more valuable than large friend lists when selling an MFP identity.

*kitten* i’m going about this all wrong

how do hug:inspire:woo ratios figure into price?

i still regret not selling my old account when i had the permalink at the top of the page all that time
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    edited April 2019
    The cool thing about being in a group with only one other person is that we always know exactly who reacts to our posts.

does this apply if you have multiple personalities?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    The cool thing about being in a group with only one other person is that we always know exactly who reacts to our posts.

The other cool thing is that in a meeting you always know who farted.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    They know.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member

does this apply if you have multiple personalities?

This is a fair point. I would suggest that everyone follow the chit chat protocol of one MFP account PER personality. That's a thing, isn't it?

Sadly, it appears as though the MFP Community Guidelines do not recognize Dissociative Identity Disorder and emphasize only the person; not the personalities...