Time for us Moms! Group

Options

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    JP - I don' thin I ever commened on your run time - woohoo, that's amazing. It's always nice to get out without the kids.

Heather - I had the same problem, had a scale go out and used a cheaper one we had just to try and keep track. I finally broke down and bought a decent scale I knew I could depend on. At least now you'll have a consistent reading so you can make progress. Sorry you've have runny noses, it's always hard when your kids are sick.

Lisa - Surprisingly enough, the other 6 baby teeth have nice, long, healthy roots so we're just going to take our chances on them hanging in there a little longer. Glad I'm not the only one, lol. I keep waiting for the colds to start here. The weather has been pretty up and down which is usually when they show up here. "knock on wood"! Nice willpower getting the cake out of the house! I'm the same way, if it's around I'm tempted to snack on it, so we just don't hold on to leftovers. Hope everyone is feeling better for the birthday party.

We had my daughter's birthday party on Sunday, turned out good and the weather was nice which was a bonus. I stayed away from the cake (even though it looked like chocolate heaven, lol) but I did have some ice cream. I picked up my favorite - Mint Cookie Chunck and just couldn't resist. Stopped at 1/2 cup though and still came in under my calories. It felt good to have a little treat. :bigsmile:
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Cori - that's good that your other ones have nice long roots. I know that it has been the weather roller coaster that got them sick. My mother-in-law commented on them being sick even though they don't go to school. I had to remark that they go to gymnastics, golfing, grocery shopping with me, church, playground, etc. and they play with all the neighborhood kids who do go to school. LOL Plenty of exposure here. We certainly don't stay in our home for long. So glad that I am not the only one tempted. I did a lot better yesterday with it out of the house. Awesome job at the party! I think having a little treat is fine - and you stopped at a serving size. :)

Boys are still coughing this morning, not as badly and I can tell that they are feeling better. Since we have been housebound all week, I have got to go grocery shopping! We are almost bare.... Thank goodness for protein powder and protein bars. LOL

I have to laugh because I woke up this morning and I just feel buff. :D Not a feeling I regularly have, but I am starting to see a lot more muscle definition now. Had a Yoga morning, I think I may do the DVD with the boys again this afternoon to count as PE time since they missed gymnastics yesterday and they need the stretching. I love yoga.
  • CGerman
    Options
    Well, I spoke too soon. Three of the kids woke up this morning with runny noses and nasty coughs - here comes cold season :ohwell:
    I've been having a hard time burning through the calories. I know it's a good thing, I'm getting in better shape so I need to push harder to get results, but it still kind of sucks, lol. I'm determined to still hit my weekly goal - even if I have to really push to do it My goal of 60 lbs lost by Christmas is in my sights - and I'm not giving up. (That was my self pep talk this morning :laugh: )

Lisa - You should feel buff, you're the queen of P90X! My brother mentioned last weekend that he had the DVD's and isn't using them - I'm thinking of borrowing them and seeing what I think. Even if I can't do the whole program, I figure I'd at least get some good workouts out of it.

Hope everyone is having a great week, another weekend is almost upon us!
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It'll be a miracle if I hit my calories this week. Took yesterday off from working out to celebrate my anniversary with the hubs. Ate like a slob and it was so nice :) But now I've got the cold my kids have been passing back and forth. I may try to workout with the kettlebell some tonight just cause it burns calories so fast, but my head feels all foggy. So it may not be the best plan I've had this week.

Cory- good for you stopping at a serving size. I have no will power, and am a huge sucker for sweets. Probably my biggest challenge with this whole lifestyle change thing. You always do so well with your working out and willpower good for you! I'm jealous!

Lisa- The grocery store is a germ haven. It always cracks me up how people assume that just because you home school your kids won't be exposed to germs. It's not like your hermits. I do have some hermit like friends though, who once there is a bug floating aroud barely leave the house. I figure I'm just building up their tolerances, lol :)
  • SoDakGirl
    SoDakGirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies :)
    I'm new to the website and I love hearing about how other mom's are getting it done. I have four wonderful kids who each left me with about ten extra pounds to carry around lol.
    I find it hard to eat food that satisfies me and is still healthy (and the kids won't complain about at the supper table). I also find it hard to make time for myself to exercise. I take online classes and am the troop leader for my daughter's Girl Scout troop.
    I am signed up to run in a half marathon next month with my sisters and mom but they live in South Dakota and I'm here in Texas (army family) so my training hasn't been as consitant as theirs (they all run together...).
    Reading through some of the posts has motivated me - other moms are just as busy and still finding time to make fitness a priority....I just need help getting started and staying motivated.
    This looks like a really supportive group and I look forward to getting to know some great mommies!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Well, I spoke too soon. Three of the kids woke up this morning with runny noses and nasty coughs - here comes cold season :ohwell:
    I've been having a hard time burning through the calories. I know it's a good thing, I'm getting in better shape so I need to push harder to get results, but it still kind of sucks, lol. I'm determined to still hit my weekly goal - even if I have to really push to do it My goal of 60 lbs lost by Christmas is in my sights - and I'm not giving up. (That was my self pep talk this morning :laugh: )

Lisa - You should feel buff, you're the queen of P90X! My brother mentioned last weekend that he had the DVD's and isn't using them - I'm thinking of borrowing them and seeing what I think. Even if I can't do the whole program, I figure I'd at least get some good workouts out of it.

Hope everyone is having a great week, another weekend is almost upon us!

Cori - aw that stinks! Sorry that your house got the sickies. I have a feeling this is going to be a long winter..... Oh you can do that weight loss. I know you can. Great job going after your calories! Definitely see if you can get the DVDs. You'll need weights and a pull-up bar or resistance bands to do the strength training DVDs. For the first 3 weeks you only need Core Synergistics, Cardio X, Shoulders and Arms, Yoga X, Legs and Back, and Kenpo for the Lean version (which will help you with your weight loss goals). :)
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    It'll be a miracle if I hit my calories this week. Took yesterday off from working out to celebrate my anniversary with the hubs. Ate like a slob and it was so nice :) But now I've got the cold my kids have been passing back and forth. I may try to workout with the kettlebell some tonight just cause it burns calories so fast, but my head feels all foggy. So it may not be the best plan I've had this week.

Cory- good for you stopping at a serving size. I have no will power, and am a huge sucker for sweets. Probably my biggest challenge with this whole lifestyle change thing. You always do so well with your working out and willpower good for you! I'm jealous!

Lisa- The grocery store is a germ haven. It always cracks me up how people assume that just because you home school your kids won't be exposed to germs. It's not like your hermits. I do have some hermit like friends though, who once there is a bug floating aroud barely leave the house. I figure I'm just building up their tolerances, lol :)

Happy belated anniversary! I'll live vicariously through you. :) Where did you go eat? I was hoping hubby would want to go out to eat on his birthday, but we didn't even do that (well, he went for ice cream with some co-workers). LOL The grocery store is nasty! I couldn't live in an area where I had to stay inside in the winter. I love my kids, I just can't stand their attitudes sometimes. :) Sorry you have the cold now. Like I told Cori, I think this cold and flu season is going to be gnarly.
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Hey Ladies :)
    I'm new to the website and I love hearing about how other mom's are getting it done. I have four wonderful kids who each left me with about ten extra pounds to carry around lol.
    I find it hard to eat food that satisfies me and is still healthy (and the kids won't complain about at the supper table). I also find it hard to make time for myself to exercise. I take online classes and am the troop leader for my daughter's Girl Scout troop.
    I am signed up to run in a half marathon next month with my sisters and mom but they live in South Dakota and I'm here in Texas (army family) so my training hasn't been as consitant as theirs (they all run together...).
    Reading through some of the posts has motivated me - other moms are just as busy and still finding time to make fitness a priority....I just need help getting started and staying motivated.
    This looks like a really supportive group and I look forward to getting to know some great mommies!

Hi Kati! Welcome! My twins left me with my C-section pooch :D and my little one started the gray hairs. LOL Aren't children so giving? That is awesome that you are going to run a half marathon. I admire people who run, because I can't! I would rather do push-ups and lift weights and do other cardio moves than run. I blame it on my PE teacher growing up - and my weak ankles and grinding knees. :) You are a busy mom for sure! What are you studying for? LOL at the complaining kids comment; I find that the more you introduce it and put it on the plate the more likely they are to at least try it. How old are your kids? My 3 year old finally ate some lettuce the other night that was on his chicken salad sandwich - called it a leaf, but hey, he ate it! I was surprised, but he has been getting better and better at eating (ate some broccoli, salmon, and brown rice last night for dinner). Keep trying to set a good example and they will remember. It may not be immediate gratification for you, but it will payoff in the end. :D
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I'm back :o)

There's been a lot going on the past week or so, and I have been an emotional mess. I was in Las Vegas over the weekend with my mom and sister and I couldn't stop crying. I think my hormones are really messed up from my IUD falling out. I haven't had a decent TOM since then, and I've been spotting all week. My job is high stress. My marriage has been really rocky, and Journey has been in this clingy phase that is draining me. I'm more uset about not being admitted to the nursing program than I care to admit. I'm scared that being the 5th alternate isn't going to be good enough. So... I just kind of melted down. I'm feeling a little better, but I could still use a vacation!

I've lost a little more, but I just need to find the time to exercise. I think I've done everything I can with simply cutting calories. Now I need to add some cardio, but I don't feel like it at 8pm when I finally have a free second. Ahh, what to do...

Hope you guys are all doing well. Sorry to hear some of the babies are sick. :o(
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Happy belated anniversary! I'll live vicariously through you. :) Where did you go eat? I was hoping hubby would want to go out to eat on his birthday, but we didn't even do that (well, he went for ice cream with some co-workers). LOL The grocery store is nasty! I couldn't live in an area where I had to stay inside in the winter. I love my kids, I just can't stand their attitudes sometimes. :) Sorry you have the cold now. Like I told Cori, I think this cold and flu season is going to be gnarly.

We had Mexican for lunch. It was the first time since moving to the southwest I've had Mexican. Kind of funny, right. I got the Mexi-steak, it was basically a cube steak with a mexican sauce of sorts over it. I ate to many chips while waiting on lunch though and I really should have skipped the soda, looking back. But the big killer was we made ourselves dinner last night after the kids crashed. Nice steaks, that marinaded all day, a HUGE baked potato with the trimmings, and then a cake for dessert. We also had a local red wine, but I didn't have much of that because I wasn't a fan. It was nice but a little to much. Oh well. Here's hoping I'm up to working it off this weekend. I've been having issues with my feet. My toes feel like they are broken when I run. I think it's my shoes.

Oh I went shopping today for a new pair of jeans. Grabbed some 4's and thought NO WAY will these fit. They fit perfect. I think I have distorted body image or something. So I'm not sure how much more weight I should lose. I do need to convert some more fat to muscle, but if I keep going I'll be sharing clothes with my 10 year old. BLAH. This weight lose thing is confusing at times.
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Kaitlyn - I feel you! I'm glad that you got a little crying session, I think they are needed sometimes. I prefer to have a nice scream though. :) Since you went from something without hormones to something with, do you think it's your body readjusting to that that is causing the hormonal issues? Things will get better. Sorry that it just seems like everything sucks right now. God, do I have those days. I think we all do. As far as exercise, you know what I advocate. :D It's always easier for me when we wake up before the kiddos to get it done and then I don't have to deal with my excuses when nighttime comes.
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    Oh I went shopping today for a new pair of jeans. Grabbed some 4's and thought NO WAY will these fit. They fit perfect. I think I have distorted body image or something. So I'm not sure how much more weight I should lose. I do need to convert some more fat to muscle, but if I keep going I'll be sharing clothes with my 10 year old. BLAH. This weight lose thing is confusing at times.

Hey Ferdie :) How tall are you? I feel your pain trying to find clothes that fit. I am almost a size 2 right now....at 5'0"...I don't want to shop in the kids department (I don't care for the clothes)...but I may have to..sucks really. I agree that the weight thing is confusing!

Overall feeling really stressed about my husband being gone for 7 weeks...kind of makes me sick to think about. I know that it will be great for his career, and I know he is military...but this is my first experience being apart for him for more than 10 days! So many women/men do it when their spouses go to war, and they deal just fine...mine is only going to Alabama for a specific SNCO training. I feel like such a wimp. Maybe it's because we are really happy together and he is a huge help with the kids/chores/etc when he is home?

On a good note....the stress is making me exercise more :) I actually ran/walked 3.1 miles today pushing the double jogger in my record time of 33:15! A month ago I couldn't run a 12 minute mile by myself!
  • CGerman
    Options
    Kati - Welcome! Sounds like you're doing great - and this group is very supportive if you ever need to vent. I agree with Lisa, consisency will probably help get your kids to come around on the food front. Mine were really hesitant when hubby and I started to eat healthier, but now they actually enjoy it. You can always make the familiar foods they like healthier and transition them into it.

Kaitlyn - Sorry hun! I swear life just likes to hrow it all at you at once just to screw with you. I hope things start looking up. I'm glad you got a little cry time in, sometimes we need that just to let it all out. If there's anything I can do let me know :flowerforyou:

Heather - a size 4? That's awesome! Doesn't sound like steak dinner are causing any harm :wink: Maybe you could consider having your body fat % measured - it could be a better indicator than your weight as to how much (if any) work you need to be doing. It's funny how our minds see something different than the mirror may be reflecting.

JP - I'd feel stressed too if my hubby was gone that long - I don't know how other wives do it. I'm pretty spoiled by hubby though, I'm lost when he's gone for a day or two. Awesome work exercising through your stress - better than sitting around moping. Hang in there {hugs}
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    JP - I'd feel stressed too if my hubby was gone that long - I don't know how other wives do it. I'm pretty spoiled by hubby though, I'm lost when he's gone for a day or two. Awesome work exercising through your stress - better than sitting around moping. Hang in there {hugs}

You know...the crazy thing is, he's still here...he leaves on Tuesday...I am just already worked up over it!
  • britishstar41
    Options
    Lisa - I know your stand on exercise :o) And I know I should, but I stay up too late and want all of my beauty sleep. haha! I should suck it up, I know. Arg!

I'm jealous of the size 4s! I would just like to be in the single digits. I can't remember being that small ever. Not even in middle school. Even then I was a 12. Kuddos to you guys!

Cori - You're rocking this weight loss! 45 pounds!? Girl... do you.

JP - Sorry about your husband! You'll be okay though. It will be over before you know it, and you'll be super happy to see each other when he gets back.

TGIF!
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I have three kids a hubby, two huge dogs, four cats, two kids with music lessons, one that I home school. Also I run my mom around to do errands. Where do I find to time to take care of myself? Hardly ever, I have found that when I always ate on the run, I normally ate fast food. Now I wait to eat when I get home and I eat alot more healthier. Just little changes have mad a big difference, I lost 1.5 pounds without even trying, just a change in what I eat. Anyways, wish me luck, I am going to take up running on the treadmill, I am afraid of keeping weights in the house with the little ones and I don't have time for the gym. Take care everyone, and good luck !

Tina in Illinois
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    JP - great job on the time! Sorry that your hubby will be gone. I knew a number of ladies who used to live on Post in my area who would look at their husbands and ask when they needed to go on a 2 week trip again..... Seems there is a polarized feeling for sure. My mother-in-law just informed us that she has to go to Hawaii (where she is based) for 4 weeks next month, which means no Thanksgiving with her or my father-in-law, who will fly over to join her. She's 54 and still in the Army. Apparently she'll retire when she's 60 and kicked out.

Heather - size 4? Nice!

Kaitlyn - oh, I was the same way with my beauty sleep. I needed it this morning too! I woke up at 7, complained about how dark it was, took care of Gabriel and then went and laid back down again (I had been mid-dream when Gabriel called for me). Lasted for about 3 minutes before I really woke up and realized it was the twins' birthday and I needed to be up for them and make breakfast, etc. Most other Saturday mornings, I let them play quietly, but I couldn't do that to them today! I was paying for it though. I'm pooped!

Hi Tina! I sent you a friend request. What grade do you home school? My twins are in 4th grade. Nice job making a conscious effort to wait until you are home to eat. If you are afraid of weights, consider getting some resistance bands. I think the ones from Beachbody are the best quality and a great price, but I started out with the Target ones. You can plenty of moves with those and your little ones will be safe. Strength training is not something to be ignored, in my opinion. Good luck with the running!

My twins are 9 today. They chose to go out to Chevy's. Not the best food, but it was ok. I tried my best to eat healthy. El Machino was down, so I think that helped even more! LOL I shared my plate with Gabriel too. :) I talked with hubby and I think I am going to tell my boss that I quit. I feel physically sick when I think of work and I just don't feel like I have enough time to do things. I hate doing things halfa$$ed and I feel like that is what I have been giving him since I haven't been putting in a whole lot of hours lately. It just seems like our Sundays have been so busy and I can't stay for very long....... Even tomorrow, the boys' party starts at 10. I need to finish getting the sandwich stuff and ice cream in the morning and cleaning the rest of the house (did most of it after dinner tonight, but there's still vacuuming and the rest of the dishes to take care of). The party is until 12:30, I still have my workout to do with Jeremy, and I have my class at church at 6 p.m. I guess if I stopped working out I could go to work, but I'm not doing that!
  • CGerman
    Options
    Welcome Tina!

Lisa - Happy (late) birthday to your boys! If you can quit, you might as well. There are only so many hours in a day and you have to decide what is a priority for you.

Here's my challenge check-in:
    Last Week's Weight: 213.8
    Calories to Burn: 4,276
    Actual Calories Burned: 4,016

Current Week Weight: 209.6
    Calories to burn: 4,192

We went to my dad's yesterday, and by the time we go home both hubby and I had caught whatever the kids have. I just didn't have the energy to workou - came close to my goal though. I'm still feeling rundown and congested - today is rest day and he kids are going to my moms this afternoon to make caramel apples and Halloween cookies, so hopefully I'll get some rest and feel better tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • britishstar41
    Options
    Tina - Welcome! I hope you make yourself at home here. We're all here to support one another.

Lisa - Happy birthday to the boys! Seems like your birthdays just come one after another! At least you get them all over with in a few months. I'd almost prefer it that way. I love Chevy's. I think I could eat an entire plate of that yellow corn mush they put on the side of the dishes. So could my mom - it's her favorite.

Cori - Sorry to hear you caught the bug! Rest up... you'll get better faster if you don't push yourself. Your exercise stuff will still be there when you're feeling better. Fluids!

Yesterday I helped Jeremy with his tile job and was his tile setter. My entire body hurts! Heck of a calorie burn though! My house looks like a tornado hit it. Since he's been so busy, he hasn't helped at all with the chores, and since I'm still as busy as ever, not a lot has gotten done in the past week. Our kitchen is a hot mess, Journey's toys are everywhere, and the laundry is threatening to turn into a scene from Sarah Sylvia Cynthia Stout. I've got chicken in the crock pot, and Journey FINALLY went down for a nap, so I guess I should at least assess the situation and sketch out a plan of attack. Ahh... the life of a mommy :o)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies!
  • britishstar41
    Options
    Guess who learned how to crawl out of her crib? Time for a toddler bed, I guess... Do you guys recommend going to a toddler bed, or staright to a big girl bed, like a twin or full size?